A fallout 6 question?

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:01 am

I would like a brand spanking new engine myself! I meant 5 guys! lol lol

Tracey Duncan

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:44 pm

I don't see why a brand new engine wouldn't be able to support mods. Also, did I miss something about Fallout 5? Your poll is about Fallout 6, and Fallout 4 is the most recent released game in the series. So, it should be possible to design a brand new engine for Fallout 5 (unless I missed an announcement regarding Fallout 5).

Jennifer Munroe

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:41 pm

Mods. User created content > anything the devs can think up

Jason King

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:42 pm

well lets put this way. I prefer they expand on the Creation engine. Why, bc making a new engien isnt easy, and that demand ALOT of time.

Ppl complain but Fo4 look really good, but ppl tent to compare it with 3 person games like Witcher 3 when those game work different when it come down to graphics ( this is just for the Graphics department)

On the stability department, Fo4 is really stable compare to Fo3 or Skyrim, so Bethesda show they cam improve over their engine and make it better and better.

jess hughes

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:57 pm

Hard to tell what you're referring to or what you think a new "engine" would improve, honestly.

Releasing the creation kit doesn't make the game less stable - that's not actually a real-life tradeoff. Not releasing the GECK wouldn't make the game innately more stable.

Most of the issues tend to be quest bugs in Bethesda games, and that's less of an engine issue and more that there's just a lot of variables to account for.

A new engine won't make those issues less likely, either.
Jeff Tingler

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:48 pm

If I had to choose? Mods on an updated Creation Engine. The engine isn't a scapegoat for every problem in Bethesda's games, and switching over to a completely new engine is either going to not solve all of those problems or just replace them with new ones. And realistically, if they do move to a new engine, it's going to be Creation 2. Not the latest Unreal, CryEngine, Source, whatever.

Charlotte Buckley

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:06 am

I don't agree. A new engine would surely solve a lot of their games performance issues. How can you say that,when every game tends to have the same issues.

Karl harris

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:24 pm

well looking how Fallout 4 is the most stable game till date, i disagree. Probably a new engine can create new and more interesting issues.

Lady Shocka

Post » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:26 pm

A updated version of the Creation Engine if we have mods.

Mods are needed at least for the PC version of Fallout 6 or any video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios. If they have no support for mods the modding community will not be as big as it is today with The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and Fallout 4.

Sales of their video games will also also be lost by A LOT if there is no support for mods.

PC versions of video games that have full flexible mod tools support and map editors end up selling copies every year even if they are a video game that released for sale in 2002, 1998 or 1994.

Lory Da Costa

Return to Fallout Series Discussion