Fallout TV series

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:14 am

I think fallout would a nice TV series anyone else?
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:03 pm

I am cautiously interested. There was gonna be a movie, but it got canned, and from what I hear, the story wasn't very good.

It would depend on the pitch and the premise.

Monika

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:46 am

No. Like He-Who said there was going to be a movie and it story didn't sound all that good. Them things are just better left as video games imo.

Lucie H

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:25 am

I think any movie or show made from a game has to throw out the game aspect and just be a story set in the world of the game. While game stories are nice and all, they are predicated in being a game.

Perfect example of this is Return to Krondor. I was reading the book as I was a fan of the series by Fiest, and as I was reading it, I kept thinking, is this a game or a book?

Dylan Markese

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:23 am

Not that it can't be done. Like, for instance, I can see a Metalocalypse-style Fallout cartoon airing on advlt swim, more than I can see a live action Fallout TV show.

JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:26 pm

Hmmm... yes.. also cautiously interested.

There was a post apocalyptic show I really wanted to like, but alas it was horrible, Revolution I think.

Jericho was good, I quite liked it, but it was too short. To sweeten the deal it also has Lennie James aka Morgan on TWD.

Shows like this usually don't do too well.

edit: perhaps if they made it into a tongue in cheek comedy? I recently viewed a youtube video called Fallout vs Skyrim or something like that. VERY funny. A half hour sit-com maybe?

Daddy Cool!

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:16 am

Example--

Vault Dwller: "We've been running from this Death Claw for hours!"

Ian: "I told you this was a bad idea!"

Deathclaw: *british accent inner monologue* "...When will they let me love them?"

Get the guy from Archer/Bobs Burgers to be the Vault Dweller.

"So yeah, we kinda broke our water chip and we need a new one. I mean, I'm not even sure what a Water Chip even does. It just sits in there and blinks. I don't even think it's really broken. Overseer is probably getting back at me for banging his daughter."

Danielle Brown

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:21 am

It could be interesting but only if a specific part of the franchise was to be explored. For example the fan film "Fallout: Lanius" was excellent. It didn't try to cover more ground than it had to, it just focused on the Hidebarks, Lanius' one man war on the Legion and his ascension to the position of Legate in the Legion.

An official Fallout fan film or series would need to have all the famous elements there in order to be familiar to everyone who has played Fallout 3 and/or 4. Thus it would most likely revolve around a Vault Dweller, the Brotherhood of Steel, Super Mutants, possibly the Enclave. If not, people who aren't very familiar with the franchise will be quite disappointed. "Where is the Brotherhood?? It's not Fallout without the Brotherhood!". I'd love it if it explored the more niche aspects of Fallout; for example the situation in Vegas before the rise of Mr House, the Scourge of the Pitt and Ashur's actions to rebuild it, the "Great Game" Desmond Lockheart and Calvert are playing (among others). Sadly I don't see that happening.

Julie Serebrekoff

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:24 am

Check out Nuka Break on Youtube.

Marcia Renton

Return to Fallout Series Discussion