Fallout 4 Speculation, Suggestions and Ideas #210

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:22 pm

This

^~LIL B0NE5~^

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:18 pm

I think you should be able to look and break out some of the windows in the game. Like a open world game design. Imagine that you go in a store and it has some of the big storefront windows in it you looking out them and out of no where a deathclaw jumps through the glass.

Grapple hook

The NPC has a gun and can shoot at you. Your companion can run around he has a gun to. You have the hook not the NPCs.

Deon Knight

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:42 pm

What would be interesting is if when we steal something.. later on we see people saying "have you seen my (item here) I can't find it." Could even see people fighting over said item "I didn't take it!" Can even see parents blame kids or something.

CHangohh BOyy

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:55 pm

I want a greater variety of factions to join. Mind you, I said JOIN. It's heretical that we weren't able to enlist with the NCR even though, as many NPC's said, I'd be halfway to general by now.

Partaking in local jobs such as courier, caravan guard, heck maybe even starting your own business would be great.

Trista Jim

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:20 am

More possible story suggestion:

- The one thing I didn't like about the beginning of fallout NV was that they abandoned the precept that we are born into the world. This was innovative when bethesda did this and I really grew attached to my character and connected more with this as if I was just being born into the world and had quite a bit of say so on what I look like and who I will be. Then when we went back later and saw what our actions wrought it resonated even more so. We didn't really have that kind of accountability and depth with NV's beginning. Good springs became a town to forget unless you wanted to see the doc or something. So I suggest that whatever beginning we have that this be the initial start no matter how short or long that start may be.

- Boston could be a good location, but I think I would prefer something where we no not much about. Like Spanning across three states, Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. There was a canceled game I think intended for Florida. The reason I think this would be a good location and why it should be across three states instead of one is because of the new power we have with the next gen and pc's and each one of these states after 200 years would be great farm land, had high population densities, military bases, NASA, and many would be targets for nukes. It would be one of the most targeted areas.

Monika Krzyzak

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:33 am

The south would be a boring setting for a main game IMO, but could be pretty great for a DLC or full-on expansion pack.

Poetic Vice

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:07 pm

I don't really see how it would be boring. I also highlighted how it would be perhaps the most lucrative area in the united states in the time frame it is in. That is enough to make it interesting to me. In a lot of fiction about post apoc years after when things stabilized so to speak, the south is usually the richest because of it's agricultural advantage. Like the show, Revolution. Georgia is so rich it managed to find a way to trade with Europe.

Spoiler
(Well that's before Georgia got nuked in the story anyway. I haven't seen the second season, but that probably put a damper on things. lol.)
That's not even pointing out the access florida has to the bahamas, cuba, mexico, etc. Could potentially be very interesting.

IN ADDITION TO MY OTHER SUGGESTIONS:
I hope that in the next game everything takes place over several years and not just 1.2 or so.

Kayleigh Williams

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm not arguing what's already blatantly obvious...the fact that they are in Fallout 3, I played the game much the same as most everyone else here, remember? I've already explained my post once, I'm not really in the mood to explain it again.

Also, I'm not arguing whether they should or should not have been there in the first place, they are, and there's not a damn thing any one of us can do to change it. All we can hope for, is that should they be in the game in any capacity, they are done so in a manner which is even somewhat believable.

Leonie Connor

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:30 am

If you did this, you would have to make it where you only see one city per state and have some kind of fast travel mechanism to travel to them like a plane or train. Walking from Miami to Alabama would take months. I wouldn't want them to try to shrink large cities into places the size of Goodsprings or Megaton. I could also see people complaining about boring landscapes in Florida (completely flat).

That said, Florida or Appalachia would be my two favorite settings for the next Fallout.

Harry-James Payne

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:59 pm

I think you are kind of stuck in the thinking of 360 and ps3. Now we have the X1 and ps4 and we could make them very powerful. Yes a bit of "fast travel" would be necessary for say if you didn't want to walk or ride a mount that long, but you wouldn't need to use it. I have already suggested this and it's in my compiled suggestions list, but procedural and generative generation could fill much of the wasteland gaps in between areas and they would not have to use the entirety of each state, but just parts of them. Like the southern parts of Georgia and Alabama and most of Florida if not all. Since they are using procedural, generative generation and hand drawn artistry if they decide to do that though, the size could be literally infinite like how No Man's Sky is going to be.

Vicki Blondie

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:12 pm

What do you you guys think bethesda will do for the fallout anniversary? It's on the 10th

Vickytoria Vasquez

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:26 pm

What anniversary? The announcement thing somebody made a thread of? Is that a similiar thing to how some new mothers are so enthused that they have these ?-a-year-to-birthday-parties, almost a year parties, quarter a year parties, acquiring of the first pair of socks parties and stuff like that?

Kevan Olson

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:13 pm

It's the anniversary for fallout on the 10th, I posted it here because a moderator closed the thread about it. I don't think it is gonna be a fo4 reveal but i'm wondering what they will do for it.

Elisabete Gaspar

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Man has it really been 10 years? I suppose it was technically around December 2008 that Fallout 3 took over my life, I don't think they'll announce Fallout 4 or anything like that, but what I would really like is for them to release a lot of information about Fallout 3's and New Vegas's development. I used to be really into Half Life, and after Half Life 2 was released Valve put out a lot of information about the twist and turns that they had in developing it, and their concepts for the game changed a lot through the years. It wouldnt suprise me that after 4 years of development, there's some crazy things that were planned but got scrapped early on. Looking at the concept art Adam made was a great insight to many of the things that didn't make it in or changed heavily, and not to mention how beautiful his art was. Sigh, its such a shame that we'll never get Adam's concept art for Fallout 4. I hope that whoever replaced him is just as imaginative as Adam, since I think the visual design of the early concept art of Fallout 3 gave it a good base to become what I consider the most beautiful game ever released.

Pawel Platek

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:56 pm

That would be really cool. Maybe there could be a hint to a new fallout title, Like some concept art from fallout 4 along with fallout 3 stuff, So they could pass it off as unreleased art from fallout 3. Could be a nice hint, And nobody would know. Not sure what they will do though, Something very special most likely.

Kill Bill

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:11 pm

I think we already got all of Adam's art of Fallout 3 when he died, and ive spent many hours going through all of that stuff on The Vault. Truly beautiful stuff, I would love to get it in a art book or some such. Most of it is rough sketches, with the complete stuff being used in promos and what not, but there's just so many really cool designs in there that it would be a shame to have them only accessible in jpeg form.

Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:37 pm

Was adam the art director for fallout 3? I didn't know that he died..I would totally buy an art book with all of the concept art and unimplemented features in it.

Farrah Barry

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:52 am

They will eat cake and laugh at us while reading are ideas. I do not know possible make a fallout 3 jacket it what they did last time.

gemma

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:13 pm

Wow, I just looked at all of the concept art on the fallout website. Truly amazing stuff. And I don't think they would just make a jacket. I think it will be something very special.

BlackaneseB

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:55 am

Yeah, Adam Adamowicz. Did the concept art for Fallout 3, Skyrim, and some of the Oblivion DLCs. Died of cancer two years ago, and when he died Bethesda released a lot of his art. Im not sure if he was the "art director" or not, but his job was pretty much to draw rough sketches of everything to get a idea of what it is before they start modelling it in game. There''s a memoiral to him over here: http://fallout.gamesas.com/adam/ and you can also get links to his art albums from there.

Chris BEvan

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:44 am

Wow, That's sad. He was very talented :(

Nicole M

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:48 am

Yes, he died quite before his time, and was extremely talented. I don't think you can ever replace someone like him, both on the personal level with the dev team and on the professional level with the work that he did. Its great that he was able to touch so many people through both his art and his game, Ill be looking at those images for years, and well, Fallout 3 itself touched me in a very good way when I was in a rough part of my life.

Cartoon

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Yeah, I'm looking at all of his early fallout 3 concept art. It's jaw dropping amazing. seeing all of those things people say about him being a super nice amazing person really makes you sad that he died. I'm really sad now :(

Anthony Diaz

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:47 am

We're all sad about Adam, even though we have never spoken to him, he has touched us in such a large way. :(

Darren Chandler

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:31 am

I didn't even know about him until now, But having play fallout 3, skyrim and oblivion, It's almost like you do, You look at the weapons and the world and they are just so awesome.

I wonder if the rock-it-launcher was his idea?

Helen Quill

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion