Fallout 4 Speculation, Suggestions and Ideas #232

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Florida, Seattle, Commonwealth. All would be neat scenarios imo. Each bears the potential to innovatively enrich the franchise.

evelina c

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Whatever Bethesda is working on, it's going to be absurdly massive. A 4 year cycle to work on a single game? Preposterous and unheard of nowadays.

Charleigh Anderson

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:12 pm

It is unheard of...Except for Skyrim. And Fallout 3. And so on. Fallout 4 has most likely been in some form of development since 2008, or atleast concepting stages. I remember one interview with Todd about Skyrim that after Oblivions release they were already working on the signature "barbarian choir" that Skyrim had, before even Fallout 3 had been released. I could listen to a extended Sovngarde track literally all day.

I wonder what the score for Fallout 4 is going to be like. The Fallout 3 and NV scores aren't as great as what Jeremy Soule produces most of the time, but it has some great tracks. The tracks during the New Vegas intro and final battle/outro particulary stand out to me.

Anyways, its pretty usual for Bethesda games to have extremely long development times. You need a lot of time to produce the kind of masterpiece that gets 300 GOTY awards, but we usually have some form of information by now. I think its some sort of weird marketing strategy, which does upset me a little bit, but hopefully it won't be much longer...Please dont be much longer...

Nathan Maughan

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:16 pm

No matter what, I'm totally excited at this thought. I will not necessarily buy the game and it's likely that it'll not end up satisfying the (exaggerated) mental image I already have.

But it sure is going to be massive and very satisfying for a lot of gamers. I hope it'll be fun for me too.

I also think with 3, Vegas and the respective DLC, Bethesda has learned the ropes of how to approach the franchise. Tim Cain praised how they got the setting right, but there were some things left to wish for, regarding morality and characterization for example.

What's most likely going to disappoint me is the gameplay I assume. No Fallout was satisfactory in this regard to me.

Cathrine Jack

Post » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:36 pm

Closing time.

http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1510522-faloout-4-speculation-suggestions-and-ideas-233/

Ross Zombie

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion