Fallout 3: The Dutch game manual

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 am

Just to let you guys know, the dutch translation of the game manual of Fallout 3 is horrifying. I got the game for Christmas, and I like it a lot, and what I then tend to do is to look through everything there is, including the game manual that is included in the DVD box. It's not that I'm expecting anything out of this, I just want to let the developers know that there's a severe need of re translating the dutch version of the manual. Seriously, there's at least 5 typos or grammatic errors per page. It looks kind of sluggish on a game like this, therefore I ask you to look into it again.

Thanks for your time, and I hope that you understand.

Best regards;

- Robin.
Kevin S

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:03 am

babelfish ftl? ^^
Jennifer May

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:07 am

Did you get the game in the Netherlands or in Belgium? (Does the translation even differ?)
Paula Rose

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Did you get the game in the Netherlands or in Belgium? (Does the translation even differ?)

In the Netherlands (I presume, it was a Christmas gift). I don't know if it differs from the Belgian translation.
Antonio Gigliotta

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 am

Just to let you guys know, the dutch translation of the game manual of Fallout 3 is horrifying. I got the game for Christmas, and I like it a lot, and what I then tend to do is to look through everything there is, including the game manual that is included in the DVD box. It's not that I'm expecting anything out of this, I just want to let the developers know that there's a severe need of re translating the dutch version of the manual. Seriously, there's at least 5 typos or grammatic errors per page. It looks kind of sluggish on a game like this, therefore I ask you to look into it again.

Thanks for your time, and I hope that you understand.

Best regards;

- Robin.

I'll second that, it's horrifying reading material. I'd much rather have the english manual, since I'm playing an english game anyway. But there's not only typos all over the place, they even give wrong info on some character creation aspects. I believe it says Strength influences your starting skill in Small Guns for example, which is clearly not the case.
Channing

Return to Fallout Series Discussion