Fallout Trilogy is selling, are you gonna...?

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:26 pm

Hello guys,

Are you planning to buy Fallout Trilogy(F1,F2,FT:BOS)?

Well, I did already! Why? Firstly, I just finished playing crappy(IMO) fallout3 and want to play again the old classic fallout games. Secondly, I know I could download it on the internet but I am trying to support gamesas in every way I can. I know that those 15 bucks won't make a big deal for a Project V13, but at least Chris could go and buy a cup of coffee for that money and think about the future MMO game :) Yea and probably maybe my post will encourage someone to buy the fallout trilogy too

P.S. - Doesn't Fallout 1, Fallout 2 & FT:BOS belong to bethesda? I thought the whole FALLOUT(non MMO) belongs to bethesda.
Lauren Graves

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:32 pm

I brought the trilogy about a month ago, and I'm Happy lol... but I don't really see what's so bad about Fallout 3 though...
Adrian Morales

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:05 am

Well, don't do it for that. My wife works for Starbucks, I get all the coffee I can drink.

However, there are plenty of other reasons to buy it, so don't let my coffeenerdness slow you down... ^_^

pax,
-Chris
Sarah MacLeod

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:42 pm

P.S. - Doesn't Fallout 1, Fallout 2 & FT:BOS belong to bethesda? I thought the whole FALLOUT(non MMO) belongs to bethesda.

gamesas retained the rights to sell FO1, FO2 and FOT. The Vault - Fallout Wiki * Fallout Online * Fallout IRC Channel * Fallout: New Vegas
carrie roche

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:43 am

I wish Van Buren had a chance to get finished. :(
kyle pinchen

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:07 pm

No I didn't but I already have more than enough copies of fallout. Have 2 Fallout 1, 3 Fallout 2 and 1 Fallout Tactics.
Roy Harris

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Almost. Upon learning that Good Old Games is legit, I purchased F1 and F2 again. Despite my love for the Fallout franchise I've never been able to warm up to tactics.

For anyone who, like me, still owns the original F1 and F2 media (I think I may even have the original F1 box still) based on my experience thus far the convenience of using GoG more than justifies the cost of a re-purchase. I hope the catalog continues to grow - I think there are a lot of great games out there like Fallout that may find a brand new audience if made easily available.
Penny Flame

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:56 pm

Nope, because I have Fallout 1 & 2 since their original release :D I will never replay tactic again & I will never play fallout 3...never.
Bloomer

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 pm

I plan to buy it once I get around to it. I've only played bits and pieces of the Fallout series in the past.

But yeah, I can acquire it easily through other ways, but I'd rather support gamesas (and Chris, lol) via buying it.
celebrity

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:39 am

I already bought the trilogy via Good Old Games.
Siobhan Thompson

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:36 am

I know there is a whole army of loyal fans that feel the same way. T_T

Ill order a copy of the Trilogy once payday rolls around.

god knows you cant expect an Airforce BX seas to get a good game on time. Image
Laura Hicks

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:48 pm

Already own all of them from their original release dates. Also have Wasteland. You will enjoy the series.

Fallout 3 was not 'crappy'. Different, yes. Buggy? Being a new release thats par for the course. And even though I am a die-hard Fallout 1-2-FOT:BOS fan, I thoroughlly enjoyed Fallout 3. Maybe not for the same reasons that I love the originals, but it deserves the success and accliam it has seen thus far.

In the end, if the funds raised from the deal help bring gamesas back, thats a good thing. gamesas was always one of the major innovators and creative thinkers in the industry. This is sorely lacking in many modern offerings and game franchises.

So, regardless of Fallout 3, if you like other gamesas creations you will LOVE Fallout 1 and 2. If you're a gun-nut strategy type, you'll also probably like Tactics. So, support gamesas by buying the titles through legit channels. You won't be disappointed. 8-) If you see Metal Maniac, let him know I'm looking for 'em.
Fam Mughal

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Loved the originals(played em ages ago), loved Fallout 3 too.

I'm going to get the original two off of GOG.com though as I didn't lose Tactics, and don't really need to get it again. Although I'm debating getting all three just to help gamesas as much as possible. The amount of games they have developed or published that are great far outshines (IMO) any other dev/pub.
Czar Kahchi

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:31 pm

I respectfully disagree. Just because a game is new does not mean it has to have as many bugs as Bethesda's games seem to be loaded with. A few are acceptable, but the company really should try to iron these things out before release, and get patches made ASAP when they are found.

I miss the old days, and I'm a young 'un! A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
StunnaLiike FiiFii

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:00 pm

I still have the original 1,2 and BOS - But I will purchase for gifts for friends for Christmas.

p.s.

I hate Bethesda's Obliviation of my favorite game(s) of all time ! :x
:evil:
Nathan Risch

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:39 pm

I hate Oblivion. Or serverely dislike it. Something like that.

Since nothing new takes my fancy anymore I'll probably end up buying Fallout 1, 2 and tactics and Descent 1, 2 and 3: Mercenary. Seriously, out of the 100 top selling games on Amazon I only wanted 6 of them and I already own 3 of those! (For the record I would like CoD4 as I don't actually own it, Mirror's Edge if it looks any good and Tomb Raider Underworld 'cause I've always loved raiding tombs.) A massive thank you to EA for:
- Producing great quality games time and time again
- Providing excellent technical support
- Never destroying any highly acclaimed studios for profit
- Never ripping people off
- Never wasting people's time
lexy

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:26 am

Even though I have a copy of Fallout 1, 2 and tactics. I'll be buying the trilogy on Tuesday when I get paid to show my support for gamesas. After installing Fallout 3 I was like hmmmm its good but then I found myself on my GFs computer playing Fallout 2 lol!!
N3T4

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:22 pm

I just bought it. :D I own one copy of fallout 1 and 2, but only in german (my mother language), which means no children/splatter and translated dialogues.
So it's a very good deal for me. I am SO going to replay 1 and 2 for now I have the dialogues as they where meant to be and I get Fallout Tactics as a bonus. Oh, as a second bonus: I get to support gamesas. :D
Wane Peters

Post » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:43 am

<= Downloading as I post this.

I purchased F1 and F2 package, but lost F1 due to tons of people wanting to try it out. My friend has BOS, only tried it out. I liked the engine, was vastly disapointed that they didn't take a more campaign style. I would have loved to see the engine for VB. Haven't seen as good an engine since Syndicate and X-Com. Actually iy is Sndicate and X-Com merged. Best of both worlds. It could of also used a little more pacing in regards to mission size. I hit third mission found it too daunting too fast and gave up.

So I'm showing my support buy buying the game. I will also suggest my friends to buy it since they are good games.
Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:49 am

Already bought em. You may think that 15 bucks isn't a whole lot and its not at first glance but lets crunch a simple equation by throwing up a number. Let's say we got 320 fans buying the game at 15 dollars, you get $4,800 and that's a lot of coffee! Even for Chris! :o

Every penny counts and it goes a long way to help support the developers that are working hard to bring back Fallout in the Fallout Universe! Image
I told the Overseer of Vault 13 I'd give everything to save everyone, and so I did, I saved them all. Since then I've felt loneliness.
Sweet Blighty

Return to Othor Games