A farewell to the Crysis community!

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:32 am

So, as the title says, I created this topic to say goodbye to the Crysis community. The last couple of years with the Crysis community was packed with a lot of emotions. I enjoyed every moment taking part in this small, but great community. Although there were some sad and nadir situations/experiences, but in it's whole, I was very happy to be a part of it.

My main reason to leave, is that it's time for a change of scenery/pace. Crysis Wars, 2 and 3 were my lifetime best games and I am sure it won't change for a long time. Secondly, my passion for gaming in it's entirety has lowered and I have spent the last one or two months with only watching movies/series mostly. Although Crysis 3's bugs/glitches took a part in some way I guess. Crysis 3 was a very promising game for me, but I have came to a decision and that decision has been mentioned above. Maybe the MOD SDK could've make me to stick around a bit longer, but...

I will be around on the forums to help people out with the best way I can, share my thoughts on some topics or just jump into a discussion, which I like. Probably I'll eventually jump in for some rounds of Crysis 2 or 3 every now and then, but mainly I'll be playing CS:GO to keep me occupied until a game comes around, which will arouse my full interest (Titanfall?!). Of course I will be keeping an eye on Crytek's new titles aswell and maybe, some day, we'll meet again.

For my last words, I want to thank Crytek and it's whole developement team, for being as awesome as possible and of course creating the Crysis franchise; the main teams/clans of the Crysis franchise on PC (SiTH, fVic, Tsld, FoW, Over, WS/F4F, Borz, QuiT, Zero, aV, CEW, TcFr etc.) for keeping the community together; the organizers of tournaments for making the game a bit more competitive; the modders for making the game even more customizeable; the main and known persons of the community for helping the games and it's players by a lot; and you random gamer for just being there in game!

Best wishes for everyone!
See you when I see you!

Best regards, SLYSTYLE5
Timara White

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:17 am

So, as the title says, I created this topic to say goodbye to the Crysis community.

It's always sad to see people saying "goodbye", but I'm happy if you come back from time to time! I hope to meet you again in other games (I also have an eye on Titanfall).

Thanks to you for your contribution to the Crysis community!
emily grieve

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:51 am

It's not a farewell if you're still going to keep visiting forums, and especially if you're admitting that you may occasionally play the games o_O

Should make the thread title "Friendly letter to the Crysis community", farewells don't mean much in this age of internet & online gaming. See you around :)
Jaylene Brower

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:24 am

It is a farewell to me, since I have put thousands of hours in the game, it's forum, our team, competitions, etc.

As for visiting the page/forums and the game from time to time will take very little of my time. For example I'll only visit the forums once a month tops and I'll hop on a server probably in the next couple of months for about half an hour.
Suzie Dalziel

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:41 pm

:(( , Good luck bud, hope to see you as you said from time to time, and yes Crysis is the best franchise ever :)

Thanks for everything and good luck :)
Michael
Klaire

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:13 pm

Hey.

Also some words from me. Since 2010 i played this wonderful franchise. Every part of this had it′s own advantages and disadvantages.

in c1 and c2 i were some unknown chicken, and i was looking up to guys like Quit, sith, Hnt, fvic, and so on. my clan (f4f) was a lil noob clan, nobody gave a shit :D

but in january 2013 a guy like stylesofbeyond (some random noob ;D, no just kidding) invited em and some other guy from my clan to some scrims and we played till c3 against them and lost EVERYONE. i liked the c3 beta. i liked c3 in it s beginnings. A tourney at the first weekend (thanks to fvic) where my cute mates Whitewillow, deathkizzz and lyrus (special thanks to you!) played a great tourney, we lost in the semifinals. me and my clan got better and better, i had the great opportunity to play with toxic, akymaj, crazyfist, bitey, SDUB (thanks for playin with me 2v2 in the last c3 tourney <3), the sith guys, the tsld guys, the fvic guys, the HNT guys (slysi and roland :) ) and many others, and i took part in this great little gang, with it s cool opposite characters sith vs fvic was just great :D

but in the end c3 is broken. crytek had it s opportunity, to make the game a c2.5, which would be the most exitable game ever.

they could have focussed on gameplay, not on graphics. they could have focussed on the community desires. they could have brought out an mod sdk with release.

but in the end EA pushed and forced them to bring a new crysis out in 2 years.

so in conclusion don t hate crytek. they have done an awesome job. thank you for this experience.

i will quit playing c3, maybe some c2. but bf4 will be my favourite game for the next months, so see you there.

MY BEST WISHES! WE HAD A GREAT TIME; 2 GREAT YEARS TOGETHER

Sincerely,

your Rap7oR <3
Marion Geneste

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:42 am

So you give us one of the best montages Crysis has ever seen, then abandon us lol. I get it, go out with a bang ;-]

Good luck to you out there bro!
Nick Tyler

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:59 am

So you give us one of the best montages Crysis has ever seen, then abandon us lol. I get it, go out with a bang ;-]

Good luck to you out there bro!

I'm really glad you liked it!

In the late days, I only played Crysis 3 to gather footage for my montage. I was planning to leave Crysis long before the montage was released.
Samantha Mitchell

Return to Crysis