Fat people

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:47 pm

There are none.
Nor are there any old people with old bodies.

Discuss.
Jade Payton

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:23 am

Gamebryo.
Nicole Mark

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:06 am

There are old people.

Its hard to be fat in a the Mojave wasteland I guess :shrug:

Fallout one has http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gizmo.
Ria dell

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:50 am

The fat people got turned into Deathclaw Lunchables.
lauren cleaves

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:29 pm

they cant because of the engine, they would have to make new textures/out fits for each different type of level his fatness was on :P
Andres Lechuga

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:56 pm

All these answers are terrible. So boring and stiff :sadvaultboy:
CxvIII

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:05 pm

hmm... then: (this applies to all wastelanders)

whenever a child is born into the wasteland, wherever he is, it is a rule that they must be physically fit, like the spartans. so, what do they do? At age 3 they take 15 human children and have them fight to the death against a baby deathclaw. Ususally only one child survives. That child then eats the heart of the deathclaw, gaining its power and strength. from then on, that child cannot remain idle for long periods of time lest the deathclaw inside him overpower the human side. Then they become cannibals and murder people and eat them.

Since deathclaws are rare to find, some people must capture other creatures for the ritual. Some defeat bloatflies, some coyotes, etc.

The Courier's true backstory is that he was from an experimental ritual, where 100 3 year old children battled a legendary deathclaw. After the deaths of 99 children, the courier swung at the deathclaw, taking out the last of it's hp. he then ate its heart, making him one of the strongest people in the world.

These are the creatures each companion ate:

Veronica - A lisbian Power Fisto

Raul - a mexican Mr. Handy

Cass - a cazador that was half-drowned in whiskey

Lily - a loud, purple, nightstalker (yea, super mutants do it too)

Rex - a robobrain (dogs too)

ED-E - the person that created him

Arcade - an eyebot with a broken eye

Boone - a blind deathclaw (...yea)
sarah taylor

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:50 am

hmm... then: (this applies to all wastelanders)

whenever a child is born into the wasteland, wherever he is, it is a rule that they must be physically fit, like the spartans. so, what do they do? At age 3 they take 15 human children and have them fight to the death against a baby deathclaw. Ususally only one child survives. That child then eats the heart of the deathclaw, gaining its power and strength. from then on, that child cannot remain idle for long periods of time lest the deathclaw inside him overpower the human side. Then they become cannibals and murder people and eat them.

Since deathclaws are rare to find, some people must capture other creatures for the ritual. Some defeat bloatflies, some coyotes, etc.

The Courier's true backstory is that he was from an experimental ritual, where 100 3 year old children battled a legendary deathclaw. After the deaths of 99 children, the courier swung at the deathclaw, taking out the last of it's hp. he then ate its heart, making him one of the strongest people in the world.

These are the creatures each companion ate:

Veronica - A lisbian Power Fisto

Raul - a mexican Mr. Handy

Cass - a cazador that was half-drowned in whiskey

Lily - a loud, purple, nightstalker (yea, super mutants do it too)

Rex - a robobrain (dogs too)

ED-E - the person that created him

Arcade - an eyebot with a broken eye

Boone - a blind deathclaw (...yea)
The best answer yet!!!

I'd say that it's probably not so much due to gamebryo, but more due to a decision by the devs since it still has to run on consoles (which in this day and age have fallen behind in technology to pc's... I'm not looking for an argument here, so don't try)
Britney Lopez

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:44 am

As a proud citizen of the overweight population, I am ow offended. I want free dlc beth and obsd!!!!!!!! :toughninja:
Prue

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:42 pm

Theirs not an excess of food so it would be really hard to become over weight (Fat) and everything you do is physically tasking hell just to go to the next to would have to walk there and carry what ever you got back. The life style alone would force your body to remain fit. or at the very least skinny. i would say we should see more people Thin, frail and sickly rather than Fat.
Chris Duncan

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:57 am

Ever seen the first 5 minutes of Zombieland?

That's why.
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:42 pm

Ever seen the first 5 minutes of Zombieland?

That's why.

Okay, fine [censored], why arent there any paraplegics? Logic says they would die way before the fatties. You offend me too, now I have to eat off my pain! :cake:
Kelvin Diaz

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:33 pm

Okay, fine [censored], why arent there any paraplegics? Logic says they would die way before the fatties. You offend me too, now I have to eat off my pain! :cake:

Before or after, either way they'd both be eaten. Survival of the fittest, pal.

If you're gonna blame anyone, blame Darwin.
Emmie Cate

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:42 am

This topic is begging for trolls...
Karen anwyn Green

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:22 am

There is a crippled guy in nipton.
Nick Swan

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:09 am

There is a crippled guy in nipton.

That's because the Legion has a sense of humor :rofl:

bigcrazewolf
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:55 pm

But why couldn't they have created a new model with clothing we cannot take?
They did it in Point Lookout.
BRAD MONTGOMERY

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:35 pm

But why couldn't they have created a new model with clothing we cannot take?
They did it in Point Lookout.

It's hilarious when you kill No-Bark, Easy Pete, or Old Lady Gibson and expose their young nubile bodies. Wasteland living is hell on the face, but not on the body.
Tiff Clark

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:22 am

But mister Martyr, how many years does it take for deathclaws to devour all the fat people? :unsure2:
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:30 am

I'd like to offer a diffrent hypothesis.

All the fat people eventually turn to ghouls. Why?

Well most of the food is radioactive and by indulging too much without rad-away you could possibly self-radiate to the point of ghoulification. Ofcourse that becons the questions: Where have all the fat ghouls gone? Or why are the fat ghouls not boss-mobs in kitchens and supermarkets?
Krystal Wilson

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 pm

Simple answer is the engine and or the Devs did not have the time. Why are there no dwarfs like in FO2? Why are there no really tall people? It would be nice to have different body types but the engine or they did not have enough time to do that.

As for Fat people there can be in the fallout universe just like there are now > http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gizmo.
Darrell Fawcett

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:43 pm

Would've been interesting to see some fat people in the Strip. Otherwise, in basic wasteland living, they don't fit very well.
Avril Churchill

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:56 am

Would be nice with other body types as well.
In The Den there are these bald guys in yellow [censored] and beige trousers which walk with a hunchback.
Mom in The Den walks with her hand on her hip all the time.
The policemen in NCR and the bouncers in New Reno look really beefed up.
Adrian Powers

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:44 pm

Anyone that's Paralyzed unless they are already somewhere surrounded by people who care enough about them to help them. Otherwise they would be killed or eaten very quickly. One thing I would like to see more of is amputees. With the lack of proper medical care I could see were people would loose arms and legs to infection gun shot wounds and the like. Even though there are advance medical supplies around the wastes there is a shortage of trained medical professionals. Except for the Followers of the Apocalypses the level of medical care in most of the wastes is around Civil War levels.
Sabrina Schwarz

Post » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:42 am

This topic owns hahaha.Colonel go make me a samwich nao ! ;p
Steve Smith

Next

Return to Fallout: New Vegas