Favorite Brotherhood of Steel faction

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:48 am

Which BoS faction(s) do you like the most?
Silvia Gil

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:31 pm

The original. I'm sick of BoS splinter factions at this point.
Tyrone Haywood

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Dare I say my choice? Midwestern.

If you don't agree with me then congrats, you have exhibited your ability to think on your own and make your own choices. Sorry, just tired of people railing on others for not choosing "their choice" on forums in general. Seen it way to much lately.
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:33 am

Depends really... which have I enjoyed the most story-wise? Probably the original... more interesting, on a sociological level.

Which would I want to see in a future game? Probably the Outcasts, honestly... I like the idea of where that could go, both hero and villain potential and a lot of good options.

If the BoS appear in New Vegas though, it should obviously be the original group, and given what FO3 has said about them they should be in a massive internal conflict and possibly fighting within their ranks, like the Outcasts in DC.

Really though, I hope we don't see any BoS on a large scale for a while.
Catharine Krupinski

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 pm

outcast,they have the right thought.i mean,if you help one man,you save one man(duh)

but if you save tech,you can save 1000mans(and women,i dont give a fuc|<
luke trodden

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:28 pm

The Western BOS and the Circle of Steel are the only quality interpretations of the BOS. The Midwestern BOS had one redeeming quality, and that was having R. Lee Ermey as their commanding general.
sarah

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:20 am

Fallout Tactics BoS FTW! I don't care what Fallout fan boys say, Tactics was is a great game.

Okay okay Smert.... It's just from what I've heard, Tactics isn't a very popular game amongst Fallout 1 + 2 junkies.
Nina Mccormick

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:21 am

Fallout Tactics BoS FTW! I don't care what Fallout fan boys say, Tactics was is a great game.

And what if those fan boys say the same ? I actually liked Tactics :rolleyes:
Man, do not presume.
Peetay

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:55 am

Yeah, I don't think the concensus among us "old timers" is that Tactics was a very bad game at all. It wasn't an RPG, but something more along the lines of a squad-based tactical game. (It reminded me of something like Jagged Alliance, really.) I thought it was rather a fun game - I only wished the combat in Fallout 1 and 2 was as fleshed-out as it was in Tactics (though obviously, it was only from what they'd learned making 1 and 2 that they were able to make the combat in Tactics so much fun...)

Back to topic, I guess my "favorite" would the West-Coast Brotherhood. The "real" ones, I guess you could say. That also kind of means that I'm partial to the Outcasts, though, doesn't it? I mean, that's why they were "outcast" in the first place - they still represent the actual brotherhood. I have a feeling that Lyons would face charges of dereliction of duty or even mutiny if the West Coast Brotherhood proper ever got a hold of him.

That said, I actually kind of like Lyons' group, as well. I can see someone having a change of heart like that. I mean, he took his unit all the way across the country. I'm thinking realistically - you're some survivor just scraping by and you see this platoon of armored knights in shining armor - you're going to think they've come restore civilization; the answer to all your problems. And then it turns out they're just there to take all your best salvage and move on. Lyons probably had to deal with that all through his trek. Concievably he'd have to rest at settlements along the way. And be welcomed with open arms at first, and then he'd see that turn to dissapointment and disillusionment by the time he left each time.

There's probably a really interesting story to be found in that trek - probably really good fodder for another spin-off, I think. It's not my "favorite" version of the Brotherhood, but I can see how it might happen.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:47 pm

No love for the Texas Brotherhood? :)
michael danso

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:57 am

No love for the Texas Brotherhood? :)

I can only wonder why... Arnt the BOS just a bunch of Army deserters?
Jacob Phillips

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:53 pm

The Mid-western from tactics.

Why you may ask. Because they are the only group that dosn't need help. They kick ass without a Vault dweller, or chosen one doing the work for them.
They take what they need and offer protection for recruits. They would kill all the other BOS factions without thinking, and are also dealing with the super mutants in a way that will allow them to continue on.
Charlie Sarson

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:15 am

The Mid-western from tactics.

Why you may ask. Because they are the only group that dosn't need help. They kick ass without a Vault dweller, or chosen one doing the work for them.
They take what they need and offer protection for recruits. They would kill all the other BOS factions without thinking, and are also dealing with the super mutants in a way that will allow them to continue on.

If I am not mistaken (been a while since I played), there were a couple possible out comes with the super mutants, one actually being something unusual, the other, not so much.

Edit: As you can see my earlier post, I agree with the faction though, this was actually my first Fallout game.
Kim Kay

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:29 pm

TEXAS BoS!!!! Cause I'm sic of all the other ones, especially the outcasts...I hate those fan fics about the outcasts or the bos in general
Vicki Gunn

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:18 am

Sorry, just tired of people railing on others for not choosing "their choice" on forums in general. Seen it way to much lately.

I don't care which one they choose, so long as they don't choose the "Texas Brotherhood" from the [censored] Dark Alliance ripoff that old-school Fallout fans try to pretend doesn't exist.

The original Brotherhood is my favorite, of course. One enigmatic guy standing in front of a weird metallic building, who tells you to piss off and mind your own business when you inquire about the nature of the structure... that epitomizes the Brotherhood.
Markie Mark

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:26 pm

Capital Wasteland's BoS. As much as I dislike them, from a neutral point of view they are the best thing to have happened to the Wasteland in a long time. After the Enclave, they have the most potential to restore pre-war United States.

Original BoS is awesome, too, but most of their awesomeness was brought by the game itself. In any other game, the Brotherhood would have been the most boring and the most lame faction in history.
Kevin Jay

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:18 am

After the Enclave, they have the most potential to restore pre-war United States.

Not really, they'll restore a pseudo-feudal state at best. The only ones that are actually restoring something that looks anything like the United States are the NCR.

In any other game, the Brotherhood would have been the most boring and the most lame faction in history.

They were quite interesting in the Van Buren design docs.
Elizabeth Lysons

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:15 am

Capital Wasteland.

ANYONE ELSE WHO FEELS THE SAME CLICK MY SIG
lydia nekongo

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:42 am

I don't care which one they choose, so long as they don't choose the "Texas Brotherhood" from the [censored] Dark Alliance ripoff that old-school Fallout fans try to pretend doesn't exist.
-snip-

:lol: It has been a while since I played the game even though I see it every day behind me, and ALL I remember was that I regretted spending my money on it. So there is no reason I woiuld vote Texas lol.
josh evans

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:05 am

I voted Texas, but only because I couldn't vote for the Pitt Bortherhood (as in, the single member Ashur hahaha). Or hawaii. There has to be BoS there.
Nathan Barker

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:24 pm

I voted for all because I could
Nymph

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:45 am

The original, undoubtedly the most powerful and the coolest.

"I am Rhombus, head of the Paladins..."
Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:51 am

I prefer the East Coast faction because it is imo a natural progression of the ideals where the BoS of F1 were headed. Even the guy outside of San Francisco's BoS bunker described the BoS as the saviors of humanity, Lyons simply took the next step forward.

This said I like the fact that there is friction and disagreements between the factions and that there is a West Coast BoS which will either move forward or stagnate, the Mid-Eastern BoS which is a halfway between East and West, the East Coast faction and the outcasts that dissagree with them. So in a way I like all of the factions as they give the BoS more dimensions than just what I saw before.
ONLY ME!!!!

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:26 am

Not really, they'll restore a pseudo-feudal state at best. The only ones that are actually restoring something that looks anything like the United States are the NCR.

Pre-War USA seemed to be a feudal state. It was clearly a militaristic society with propaganda and strong central authority controlling over the population. Famines, riots, inflations etc., doesn't sound like Obama's America.
The Enclave is quite direct successor to the United States, with slight modifications to fit into the ~20,000 people society inhabiting Oil Rig.

They were quite interesting in the Van Buren design docs.

Van Buren was a Fallout game, so the setting was same as in F1 with different year and main storyline.
Scott Clemmons

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:54 am

No, it wasn't. It took place in Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico.
Dominic Vaughan

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion