Few Q's about NW

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:58 pm

1.If im going to use only 9mm pistol throughout the whole game is there any point putting my guns skill in 100? (RP playthrough)

2.Can companions sneak? ED-E is floating in the air and doesnt have sneak animation of anykind so how about it?

3.Can companions ruin close range sneaking? If i stay in hidden status while sneaking but the enemy has a line of sight with my companion, will i lose my sneak status?

4.How to make sure companions don't engage enemies at will, "be passive" doesn't seem to work that well. I all so tried "stay back" combined with the "be passive" yeat they still engage enemies.

5.When im in sneak mode can enemies hear ED-E's "warning music", hence ruining my chance to sneak up close?

cheers
Gill Mackin

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:52 am

1. I wish you the best of luck if you plan on doing this on a high difficulty like VH.
2. Yes. ED-E still makes a loud as hell noise whenever he sees anything.
3. Yes.
4. Don't think so.
5. Yes.

All in my experiences.
Jacob Phillips

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:04 pm

A few QQ I take?

1. You will have a very hard time at the end game battle unless you have very high speech.

2. Human/Ghoul can.

3. Maybe, but "Melee" and "Wait" option is always there.

4. Companions will engage as soon as the party has been sniff out; unless you can found a mod that change the default AI behavior.

5. No; in fact, even if companions are spotted, enemies may not spot PC.
noa zarfati

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:44 am

Honestly if you look at Black Witch Mountain when Niel tries to get the Nightkin to pass for you to sneak in, ED-E will turn on his music and go rambo.
Ian White

Post » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:07 am

Honestly if you look at Black Witch Mountain when Niel tries to get the Nightkin to pass for you to sneak in, ED-E will turn on his music and go rambo.

Witch Black Mountain? :rofl:
Chris Jones

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:29 pm

3.Can companions ruin close range sneaking? If i stay in hidden status while sneaking but the enemy has a line of sight with my companion, will i lose my sneak status?

3. Maybe, but "Melee" and "Wait" option is always there.
5. No; in fact, even if companions are spotted, enemies may not spot PC.

Erm... NO to both.

Unless your companion goes storming in and actually fires on the enemy, they remain invisible if you are. Unfortunately, some of them—most notably ED-E—will do that even if in passive mode. They will also attack when you do if told to wait too close to the action.
Johanna Van Drunick

Post » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:41 pm

Erm... NO to both.

Unless your companion goes storming in and actually fires on the enemy, they remain invisible if you are. Unfortunately, some of them—most notably ED-E—will do that even if in passive mode. They will also attack when you do if told to wait too close to the action.

If they wait too close to action chances are they are storming in.

And I have many experience getting "Sneak attack" message while companions are engaged.
Hayley O'Gara

Return to Fallout: New Vegas