FINALLY ShadowPlay Launched

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:24 am

For those with Nvidia 6xx series and up, the new ShadoPlay feature is available (BETA).

Tested it out, the size of the files are amazingly small and the quality is just as good as others I've tried. You just can't beat having a 10 minute loop of gameplay recording and having that ability to decide to keep the last 10 minutes if it's some good footage.

UPDATE
I took this test footage the other night right after it release and I downloaded. I just had a chance yesterday to upload to YouTube.

Please do not pay attention to the gameplay lol, it was 12:30 at night and my first match so I was playing pretty cold.

The quality after uploading to YouTube is pretty bad. Maybe someone can give me pointers on the best way to upload a video to YouTube so the quality doesn't degrade as much.

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate

I love YOu

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 pm

LOL they put my play O.o ?
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:01 pm

lol Shadow :D
on the topic - tried it yesterday. It is fine. No FPS drop. Video is good, in a convenient format. Pity that I'm a noob and my videos can't wonder anyone but me :)

Looking forward the G-Sync technology
Luna Lovegood

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:07 am

Pity that I'm a noob and my videos can't wonder anyone but me :)

And me ;)
sally coker

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:22 pm

Pity that I'm a noob and my videos can't wonder anyone but me :)

And me ;)

+1 :D
Nicole Kraus

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:27 pm

I must say video quality is perfect, its better than mirillis action intel quick sync/avi, finally no fps drops/no game freeze cuz hdd cache with this program

LOVE IT
Lily

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:07 am

Fantastic !
Better than Action software !
Charlie Sarson

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:51 pm

The only thing I have an issue with is the capture is at 60 FPS but my monitor is 144hz refresh rate so the recording comes out a little choppy. Will probably need to use Vsync :(
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:49 am

It's incredibly good, far better than I thought it would be. You can toggle manual or automatic recording...on manual it behaves just like Fraps, hotkey to start/finish.
The file sizes and quality are amazing, there are Low/Medium/High presets and Low/Medium deliver amazingly small file sizes while still looking decent.
Currently there's only the option to record at 60fps @ 1080p, that will most likely get expanded in the future. If they add a "quick youtube" 30fps @ 720p option then I will be very happy, the file sizes will be so small that there would be no need to use any editing program.

Most importantly there's virtually no performance hit. Like...at all. I didn't even notice anything while playing Crysis 3 or Guild Wasr 2.
It's unlike anything else out there, if you own an nVidia card like GTX650 or later you absolutely have to try this!

Goodbye Fraps for now, you served me well :)
Amy Melissa

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Sounds interesting.. What about GTX 460? Will it support in future?
Bethany Short

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:21 pm

I took this test footage the other night right after it release and I downloaded. I just had a chance yesterday to upload to YouTube.

Please do not pay attention to the gameplay lol, it was 12:30 at night and my first match so I was playing pretty cold.

The quality after uploading to YouTube is pretty bad. Maybe someone can give me pointers on the best way to upload a video to YouTube so the quality doesn't degrade as much.

I use Cyberlink PowerDirector 11 Ultimate

Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:51 am

Did you use Cyberlink to alter anything about the raw video? Output framerate, format, bitrate, etc?
Farrah Lee

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:59 pm

I just dropped the file into the editor tool and immediately published it using the YouTube option. I'm not sure what all that option entails, just says it will output it in 1080p
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:47 pm

I just dropped the file into the editor tool and immediately published it using the YouTube option. I'm not sure what all that option entails, just says it will output it in 1080p

I think the problem you mentioned with quality is because you took the render direct to youtube option.. almost every editor I have used or seen lowers the quality when using this option. Try rendering it to a file first, view it, then upload.. if you find your uploaded one is alittle dark, just lighten or increase the brightness of the video and remember settings for next time. Also rendering to a file first allows you to adjust it to 1080p @ 30fps.
Personally I use Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate which is overkill for what I use it for, but it does have some cool stuff.

As far as shadowplay goes, best thing since sliced bread, however those guys with AMD cards, or pre 6 series might want to try msi afterburners version of it. Just download the msi afterburner beta 16. Go to the video section in settings and you will see a lot more options than shadowplay has.

I have done recordings using shadowplay at my normal game settings (lowest) and max graphics settings. There is a small drop in fps avg, but only 5-8 frames. You can run fraps at the same time to show your fps counter, and benchmark with fraps too while shadowplay is running. Just disable the video record feature, but leave the screen shot feature on so you can still use it.

I normally avg around 130fps on all maps, but with shadowplay turned on in shadow mode, it drops to around 125ish.. also I am using win8.1 and I think its affected the game alittle, especially with hit detection and input lag. Also I have asus 144Hz monitor too.
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:38 am

I hope AMD launches an alternative soon.

BTW, Blutaar complains about input lag when using Shadow(shoot)Play. Anybody else? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8BmmoZIYS8
Marina Leigh

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:19 pm

I hope AMD launches an alternative soon.

BTW, Blutaar complains about input lag when using Shadow(shoot)Play. Anybody else? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8BmmoZIYS8

hes drunk dont listen him xDDD

seriously no input lag for me bro
Craig Martin

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:15 am

I think the problem you mentioned with quality is because you took the render direct to youtube option.. almost every editor I have used or seen lowers the quality when using this option. Try rendering it to a file first, view it, then upload.. if you find your uploaded one is alittle dark, just lighten or increase the brightness of the video and remember settings for next time. Also rendering to a file first allows you to adjust it to 1080p @ 30fps.
Personally I use Pinnacle Studio 16 Ultimate which is overkill for what I use it for, but it does have some cool stuff.

As far as shadowplay goes, best thing since sliced bread, however those guys with AMD cards, or pre 6 series might want to try msi afterburners version of it. Just download the msi afterburner beta 16. Go to the video section in settings and you will see a lot more options than shadowplay has.

I have done recordings using shadowplay at my normal game settings (lowest) and max graphics settings. There is a small drop in fps avg, but only 5-8 frames. You can run fraps at the same time to show your fps counter, and benchmark with fraps too while shadowplay is running. Just disable the video record feature, but leave the screen shot feature on so you can still use it.

I normally avg around 130fps on all maps, but with shadowplay turned on in shadow mode, it drops to around 125ish.. also I am using win8.1 and I think its affected the game alittle, especially with hit detection and input lag. Also I have asus 144Hz monitor too.

Thank you good sir! I will attempt to render a video file first then upload to YouTube. Do you have any suggestions on the best file extention type (Codec)?

You suggest 1080p at 30fps? Is there a reason you don't suggest 1080p at 60fps? Does YouTube not support the 60fps option?

Sorry, I've been uploading to YouTube for years but am a noob when it comes to uploading quality lol.
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:30 am

Thank you good sir! I will attempt to render a video file first then upload to YouTube. Do you have any suggestions on the best file extention type (Codec)?

You suggest 1080p at 30fps? Is there a reason you don't suggest 1080p at 60fps? Does YouTube not support the 60fps option?

Sorry, I've been uploading to YouTube for years but am a noob when it comes to uploading quality lol.

use AVC codecs when render video for youtube +1

best settings 4 render:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-qdgxWNb_0bA/UnLGnW5MarI/AAAAAAAAAzs/7YU5hOJp6-o/w1454-h818-no/Desktop+28-+9-+2013+22-09-45-43.jpg
Evaa

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:36 am

Yeah youtube only supports 30fps video at the moment.

EDIT: Figured out the issue with the [youtube][youtube] embed code its missing the [/youtube] close tag

Lyd

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:36 am

it should be like this. [youtube]..........[/youtube]
Amy Cooper

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:05 am

it should be like this. [youtube]..........[/youtube]

Figured it out.. its missing he close tag [/youtube]
lolly13

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:41 pm

This doesn't look to be HD quality. I set the youtube videio to 720HD but it isn't 720HD quality. Is this correct. Can Shadowplay be used to record in HD quality or not as I am able to use it. (GTX680 graphics card --- yeha!!!!!)

Nevica
Pants

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:55 am

Are there any free renderers available online for publishing on youtube or producing a .avi file at HD quality?

ie. Is it possible to get shadowplay files to HD .avi files without spending a penny on high end rendering software?
Eilidh Brian

Post » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:04 pm

This doesn't look to be HD quality. I set the youtube videio to 720HD but it isn't 720HD quality. Is this correct. Can Shadowplay be used to record in HD quality or not as I am able to use it. (GTX680 graphics card --- yeha!!!!!)

Nevica

They record as MP4 and yes, you can choose 1080p. What I uploaded doesn't do the tool justice. The raw MP4 video is much cleaner.
Luis Reyma

Post » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:16 pm

Yeah Youtube completely kills the 1080p quality for me, makes it look godawful.
Here's the funny part, when I download the 1080p back off Youtube it's somehow LARGER than the 1080p video I uploaded to it...

I'm currently using Handbrake to compress the Shadowplay files, cutting their bitrate down to ~3000kbps and 30fps so they're about 80-85% smaller in size.

What are other people using?
Princess Johnson

Next

Return to Crysis