Fix for Solstheim Tree Replacer II by Vurt?

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:29 pm

I downloaded the (latest?) version 1.1a from Tesnexus. Liked it alot but i think it's unplayable, because the 'flora_tree_bm_snow_01-04' meshes have collision on the branches too. Sometimes the forest is very dense and becomes impassable. So, is there a collision box fix for these 4 meshes or even a newer version of the mod? Thanks in advance...

Steeeph

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:47 pm

Well, I don't think there is a newer version, but you are right, they don't have a collision node so the complete mesh is used for collision.

However, this is pretty easy to fix, if you have some experience with NifSkope. If not, I can do it for you later.

Basically, you have to create a RootCollision node attached to the root node and copy the stems into it (if they come out in the wrong position or with the wrong size, their size and position have to be applied to them (and their parent nodes, if there are any) before copying them). Then all sub-nodes except the NiTriShapeData can be removed, because they are not needed for collision.

Alberto Aguilera

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Thanks for the quick answer. It would be nice if you could do it for me. I have some experience with nifskope but not too much. After creating the root collision node and copying the NiTriShapeData i don't really know what to do next. Do i have to change the vertices' positions?

Tracey Duncan

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:21 am

Unfortunatly I tried to inform Vurt about this but their page on Nexus don't accept comments.

Nienna garcia

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:13 am

No, you have to copy the complete NiTriShape, not just the NiTriShapeData. If it is in the same position as the original you can expand it and delete everything but the NiTriShapeData. Also, in the NiTriShapeData you can set "Has Normals", "Has Vertex Colors" and "Has UV Sets to 0". If the size and/or position are wrong, you have to apply Transformation to the original NiTriShape and/or its parent node(s) before copying it.

Anyway, I quickly created new collision meshes for these (2-4 have the same stems, so I only needed one for them), here you go: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83743133/Vurts_Solstheim_Trees_II_Collision_Fix.7z

Vurt's Meshes are awesome, but he sometimes messes up collision... the collision meshes of some of the other trees could also be improved, maybe I'll do something about them as well. But they are probably good enough for most situations.

You could write him a message... or I do it and point him to my fix. I've done it before with his ashlands trees, which had their normals reversed you got stuck inside them.

Isabel Ruiz

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks for the fixed meshes ... and the explanation. What i don't get is this: 'If the size and/or position are wrong, you have to apply Transformation to the original NiTriShape and/or its parent node(s) before copying it.'

What i did was:

- Create RootCollisionNode

- Copy the whole NiTriShape of the stem

- Delete everything but the NiTriShapeData

- Set Normals, Vertex Colors and UV Sets to 0

But i can't find the option to 'apply a transformation'. Not to the copied NiTriShape, not to the original one and not to the parent node. In the context menu there is a 'transform\apply' option but it has no effect. The copied NiTriShape (the collision box?) looks really bizarre, much bigger than the tree.

Lily Evans

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:50 pm

Yes, that's the correct option - you have to apply it to the NiTriShape and the Parent NiNode. In the flora_tree_bm_snow_01.nif when you right-click on the "Treepineforestsno.003" and go to Transform -> Edit you see that it is translated and scaled to 0.4, which means everything in it is translated and scaled. The NiTriShapes themselves are not, so if you copy one to another node it will come out with its original scale and translation. Now if you apply the transformation to the NiNode, you will see that these values are now transferred to the NiTriShape itself. Now apply the transformation to the NiTriShape and the current position and scale will become the "original" one, which means Translation is 0,0,0 and scale 1. So if you copy it into another NiNode (without its own translation and scale, of course), it will appear exactly the same.

Ah, by the way, you may want to apply the transformation to the NiTriShapes in my fixed meshes... I am not sure but it may be possible that it can cause some issues if they have a different scale than 1. I will update the file, just to be safe.

Inol Wakhid

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:07 am

I've found that the original Vurt's Flora_tree_BM_snow_01.nif sets to a non existent texture.

?

TES3Stream Warning: Model "Meshes\f\Flora_tree_BM_snow_01.nif" tex not found "textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcompsnow_n.dds"!

Texture Load Error!: textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcompsnow_n.dds

Stace

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:34 pm

That doesn't really matter because it is a normal map and so it is not required for Morrowind. These trees are obviously ported from his Skyrim Flora Overhaul mod.

danni Marchant

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:03 pm

Doesn't work for me. Here's what i did:

- Attach RootCollisionNode to Root NiNode.

- 'Transform\Apply' to parent NiNode of the source NiTriShape (the stem). As you said, it moves the translation, rotation and scale from the NiNode to it's NiTriShapes.

- 'Transform\Apply' to the NiTriShapes of this NiNode. It gives all of them a translation and rotation of 0 and a scale of 1.

- Copy and paste the branch of the NiTriShape (the stem) to the RootCollisionNode.

- Set 'Has Normals', 'Has Vertex Colors' and 'Has UV' in the NiTriShapeData to 'No'.

- Delete the branches of the 'NiMaterialProperty' and 'NiTexturingProperty' from the NiTriShape.

The Collision box has the correct scale and position, but when i delete the 'NiTexturingProperty' there, the texture of the stem is gone although it is still in the source 'NiTriShape'. Testing this mesh ingame results in an immediate CTD.

biiibi

Return to III - Morrowind