Flying Deathclaws

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:51 pm

How did they get their ability to fly? lol jk
Real Question: So...What are Deathclaws exactly "transformed" from? Or where they experiments that went wrong? The mole rats obviously came from mole rats and giant ant from ants but i dont see a real resemblance to an animal for the deathclaw. Id say dogs but they say dogs didnt change much from all the radiation.
Richus Dude

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:58 pm

How did they get their ability to fly? lol jk
Real Question: So...What are Deathclaws exactly "transformed" from? Or where they experiments that went wrong? The mole rats obviously came from mole rats and giant ant from ants but i dont see a real resemblance to an animal for the deathclaw. Id say dogs but they say dogs didnt change much from all the radiation.

Lizards.

What do you get when you mix lizards and FEV? Lets do the math

FEV+ Lizards= Deathclaws

FEV+ Lizards+ brains= Gorris the talking deathclaw

FEV+ CIA+ Advanced power armor= Frank Hoorigan.

Don't you love mathematics!!
Dark Mogul

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 pm

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Deathclaw

The deathclaws were originally created before the Great War by the United States Military in order to replace humans during high-risk close-combat search-and-destroy missions[1]. They were Jackson's Chameleons[2] genetically modified with the DNA of various other species.

Enny Labinjo

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:13 pm

Actually, they were genetically engineered Jacobson's Chamelions. There's no mention of FEV in their creation; they have a pre-war origin as an abandoned US military program (which explains why the Enclave can control them.) In fact, all mentions of them being exposed to FEV happens AFTER the war (experiments by the Master and the Enclave.)
Sarah Unwin

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:08 pm

nearly [censored] myself when I saw the title...

ANyways, wiki is your friend.
Nicole Mark

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:18 am

I actually have seen a flying death claw... It was a glitch that happened to me today. I was randomly traveling the northern part of the wastelands so i encountered many death claws but strangely while i was walking i saw a death claw jump toward me then started to fly up and up into the clouds and i couldn't see it anymore. I freaked the hell out and i was wondering if it would fall, which it did and scared the [censored] outta me :)
Emma Copeland

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Lizards.

FEV+ Lizards= Deathclaws

Deathclaws aren't mutated by FEV. If they were, they would be sterile and there would be no more Deathclaws.
luke trodden

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:25 pm

Actually, it isn't clear if all subjects exposed to FEV are sterile; it's only been proven with humans. Of course, I may be wrong (since I think they also did some exprements on mice.)
lisa nuttall

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:28 pm

Actually, it isn't clear if all subjects exposed to FEV are sterile; it's only been proven with humans. Of course, I may be wrong (since I think they also did some exprements on mice.)

Harold is not sterile, is he? About deathclaws, i don't remember any mention of FEV in their origin, it's some military genetic engeneering project.
Ilona Neumann

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:02 pm

No it is. It is clearly stated in logs in all the games that every FEV-mutated creature is sterile. The original dogs were, and so were the original molerats (which was exactly the reason why they were dismissed as bio-weapons against China)

Harold is not sterile, is he? About deathclaws, i don't remember any mention of FEV in their origin, it's some military genetic engeneering project.

Technically Harold is sterile, since he doesn't mate, what Bob does is just sort of a vegetative reproduction. Unless Bob and Harold are actually mating, but I'd rather not go into that...
Jake Easom

Post » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am

Deathclaws aren't mutated by FEV. If they were, they would be sterile and there would be no more Deathclaws.

The talking deathclaw in FO2 are mutated by FEV to give them inteligence... And they certainly arent sterrile.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Talking_deathclaw

From FO1-

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/FEV_Experiment_Disk

Flatworm reproduce:

We infected several species of flatworm with FEV. Within hours the worms had increased in size by 28%, and 39 separate viral contagions were resisted by the population. Each sample was allowed to continue for several generations, and the new DNA structure was successfully passed on to worm's progeny, although only asixual reproduction was noticed in the samples. Experiments with insects have had less success. Major Barnett has postponed these experiments until further notice.

This breeding pair note refers to the "Lost location" of fallout 1 - the Burrows (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Burrows). Suggesting that Racoons may be able to breed normally

With batch 11-011, we have improved the mitotic cycle efficiency by 43%. We have infected 53 raccoons with the new strain. In addition to the now expected size increase, behavioral tests confirmed an increase in intelligence and manual dexterity by 19 points on the Schuler-Kapp index. Unfortunately, several subjects escaped confinement and had to be hunted down and dispatched. Major Barneet ordered the remaining subjects terminated. Two pairs were unaccounted for.

saxon

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Lizards.

FEV+ Lizards= Deathclaws

no not really
Nicole M

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:32 pm

Okay thanks now where have you encountered a flying deathclaw?
mines been at one of the campgrounds
Alisia Lisha

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:10 pm

It actually says in the Fallout Bible that FEV only makes humans sterile and that in other creatures it has other effects. Even that it makes them super breeders in some cases.
sarah simon-rogaume

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:57 pm

You guys realy go to deep on this heh...
louise fortin

Post » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:59 pm

You guys realy go to deep on this heh...

Its a cult game... This is what happens when (us) geeks get involved.
Rinceoir

Return to Fallout Series Discussion