FOR THOSE ABOUT TO FLOAT

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:17 pm

Sorry for my poor english...
I would like you to tell here what is THE ONE thing (or two) you would adsolutely like to keep in a new sequel of descent that was present in the other Descent games.
Mine is of course the ability to controll ALL the movements of the ship in every possible ways simultaneously.

I saw too often developpers with good intentions scrapping the magic in a game by adding too much novelties and forgetting to keep what made the success of their game. (i.e. Age of Empires)

And also ONE scene memory.
Mine is when the ship was damaged by the sun in the beginning of the level on planet Mercury. Descent 3
Judy Lynch

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:44 pm

Well having control of all movement is kind of an "O RLY" sort of thing. It'd just become some regular FPS then.

They'd really have to keep everything from all of the games. There's not much that you can throw away and still call it Descent. So you really have to focus on each of the gamesand their features individually.

Keep some mines dark and with blind corners from D1.

Keep the Diamond Claw from D2.

Keep the outdoor areas, but have it open world like when you reach one side of the map, you will keep going, but your ship will appear to be on the opposite side of the map. Make the ship fly fast and like a fighter at high altitudes and like a regular Pyro at low altitudes.

Ahem. Get rid of MD and EMD. If you are going to fight a war, do it efficiently, unremittingly, or don't do it at all--I'm not into ethics, I'm into efficiency.--Benjamin St. John "Descent" by Peter Telep
Myles

Post » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:17 pm

Amen lol

I would love the ratty tunnels (as i've seen some call them) from D1 and D2. The Claustrophobia really defined Descent...for me as ive stated in other threads. I also would like things like cameos or allusions to the old games (like in the lunar level of D3). Old weapons are a must have of course except those stated above.

I think 6 dof is a given because that pretty much IS what makes descent different from other games, so that can't, or shouldn't take it out, or i think it'll alienate pretty much all of us.
Tamara Dost

Return to Othor Games