forcefully Manipulating player inventory

Post » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:35 pm

Hello... I hope somebody can help me. I have been trying to figure out how to manipulate a player's inventory in a specific way but can not seem to figure it out. I'll set up a scenario to try and help explain.

Player agrees to enter an arena contest to please his alien captor. Once the player accepts, their equipped helmet, armor, and weapon ONLY are removed and placed into a container (while maintaining player ownership) that the player can not access. The player is then given specific gear (eg. motorcycle helmet, RobCo jumpsuit, Laser Pistol w/ cells) that is equipped. After the scene is finished, the newly equipped Quest Items are removed from the player, and the items that were put into storage are given back to the player and re-equipped for them.

So here is where I have the issue. I can remove ALL items, or any number of items of a specific type, etc. So how do I remove and replace specific "unknown" player equipped items and then return them back equipped? Is there a way to get the ObjectID set as a stored value and then use this stored value as a variable that can be referenced to in the script? Or am I just thinking about this all wrong and there is some function that I am unaware of?

Sherry Speakman

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:41 am

Sorry if this is not useful, but I think this happens when you enter/exit the arena at the Fort in Fallout New Vegas? If you have that game as well, maybe you could look up this event in the GECK to see how it works?

Darren Chandler

Post » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:26 am

The problem with that is that I am only working in FO3 with FOSE and not NV with NVSE. NV, NVSE, and it's GECK have more functions and abilities avaiable for use than what I have access to with FO3. Some of them in fact deal with player inventory management. That is why I specifically posted my question in the FO3 forum and not the NV one. I appreciate the offer of help though.

Brad Johnson

Return to Fallout 3