Found a glitch that I don't know how to correct - Help!

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:41 am

NOTE: The following is from me emailing Bethesda Support yesterday. They gave me a link to the forum and here I am. I used copy and paste.

Hey my name is Brian and I'm experiencing a glitch with Fallout 3. Now, be warned I'm going to go into as much detail as I can to help you guys.
The glitch is with the former raider follower Jericho. I have been exploring every nook and crevice with him and with Dogmeat, so I know everything worth finding in Fallout 3 before Fallout 4 is released. Anyways, when I got to Fort Constantine I started to explore the employee building. After killing every hostile in there, I got to the roof top. When it finished loading, it showed Jericho stuck in some rubble, and he made the motion like he was falling. I waited a few in-game hours, because I've experienced Dogmeat the follower almost falling through the map, and waiting a few hours in game usually fixed it. But not with Jericho. I tried firing him as a follower of mine, but he wouldn't move. He was still stuck in the rubble making the motion like he was falling. So I engaged him again and got him as a follower again. I tried moving away from him to see if the NPC would try to get out on its own as I got farther away. But that didn't work either. I used VATS on him to see his health. Then I saw he was almost dead!! So I saved and decided to fast travel to my house in tennpenny tower ASAP. It was fixed! He was there next to me when I arrived, but he only had two ticks of health left. So I hurried him inside to my house in Tennpenny Tower and slept, hoping he'd recover lost health. But he didn't he was stuck with those two ticks of health left. I eventually just told him to wait in my house at TT. I explored with Dogmeat who was also in my company through all this. But every time I'd come back, a day, a week, or month from when I left Jericho in my TT house, he'd still have two ticks of health. He wasn't recovering ANY health whatsoever. So I thought to just send him back to blown up Megaton. About two or three weeks after I sent Jericho back, I went back to blown up Megaton to check on him, he had only regained about another two or three ticks of health. So, I got hopeful, considering Jericho was one of my favorite followers. I was hoping this glitch would sort itself out. So I explored some more of the Capital Wasteland, then came back about a month or two later. When I got to Megaton, Jericho hadn't recovered any such health. He was still on the brink of death after (taking a guess here) about 2 or 3 months since this whole thing started. Now I can no longer use Jericho without him almost dying instantly whenever he gets hurt. I wanted to report this issue to you guys, with hopes that you can maybe issue a patch or something to fix this. I also have the 2009 (Got it on launch) Game of the year edition of Fallout 3, if that helps in any such way.
Thanks guys,
PS: Can't wait for Fallout 4!!

Ana

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:00 am

Usually companions don't regenerate until after another battle. Take him with you to fight a easy battle, like the radroaches by the Tepid Sewers.

quinnnn

Post » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:12 am

Have you tried storing stimpaks in his inventory?

Yvonne Gruening

Return to Fallout 3