Game Crashing When Approaching Locations

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:51 pm

I'm getting consistent crashes when moving towards certain locations. The first was when running up the hill, past the checkpoint gate during the intro. A few steps past the gate I'd simply CTD with no error messages. I lowered my graphics settings to the absolute minimum and was able to move past this point. I saved once I was in the vault, exited the game and set my settings to Medium and was able to advance through the vault stage with no issues.

Once I was back outside I started experiencing the same issue. If I move to the house across the street from the character's house, the one with crafting stations, I get a CTD within seconds of entering the house. If I circle around the house to the left or right no issues until I move too far towards the back of the house, when I crash again. I was able to go into the nearby storm cellar to the left of the player's home, but if I go into the house above it I crash. Tweaking graphic settings has had no effect on this bug once I'm past the intro.

Anybody have any ideas? I'm running an older GPU (GTX 660) but my drivers are up to date. The game is actually running quite smoothly at Medium graphics, but I think there's some object or creature that's causing this crash.

Rob Smith

Return to Fallout 4