In Game Economy

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:59 am

Add more interest in trading in game. First off, give players freedom (and the interface to do it) to trade items and barter. Then allow NPC's to sell only limited items at set prices (Low level gear and such). Then let players trade high level items with each-other.

Other things to push a game economy forward:

Keep rare items rare
Allow players to construct items that have trade value (craft skill, etc.)
A guild wants to have a guild hall, charge them rent in Caps!
Naomi Lastname

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:22 pm

I think NPCs should be the main merchants rather than players. For real commerce to take place, you need alot of inventory, which means you have to be stationary. I'm more interested in going to see merchants than asking the other players for what they have in their pockets.

I would like to see a variable economy (like the value of items is different in different places).

Like the scientist pays big bucks for a microscope, but nothing for a chainsaw. A lumber jack would pay alot for the chainsaw, and nothing for a microscope.

That way people don't just vendor dump everything. They can have fun just trading in commodities or whatever. Kinda like "Freelancer" or "Tradewars"
Robyn Howlett

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:33 pm

I like the way the old SWG handled trade with the player controlled brokers. It was great, you placed a vendor in your house, loaded your items into it, and people would by stuff from your vendor (needed the merchent skill though and with each level of the skill you could add more vendors) and you could even give them a limitied dialoge when people walked in the door. I would love to see a very strong player economy similier to that were players would seek out specfic crafted goods from particular players.

This all ties in with a strong very customizable crafting system. A system were crafters can experiment on there goods to make there product stand out above other products. The crafting system in pre nge SWG was very good in this regard. They had a very customizable crafting system that made particular vendors products most desirable. This gave players that put in the time and effort into crafting, a certain level of prestige in there trade.

anyhow thats my 2 bottlecaps worth
Sarah Kim

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:17 pm

I understand grymm's comment regarding trade. It can be hard to stop a passing player just to trade when he needs to run off and PVP where NPC's are always available. However, I think allowing players to trade well may add fun and richness to the game. I think we can combine these elements to make a great system.

IN GAME ECONOMY LIST

1. Extensive player craft options allowing for new forms of in game innovation
2. Multiple NPC locations with variable rates for goods.
3. A good player bartering system where players can set the prices to each other allowing for profitable scavving.
4. Allow players with a residence to hire an NPC to sell goods.

***The only thing is that this may make such skills as Barter obsolete or near worthless since players won't want to get less money for their product because another player has a high barter skill.
Sakura Haruno

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:23 am

i don't care about the economy just so long as there is a immortal rabid deathclaw that runs through town killing every jackass that stands around macroing
"5,000 caps for $10 - http://WWW.GiveUsYourCreditCardInfoSoWeCanClearOutYourParentsAccounts.com" hay, "OC" ..... i got something for ya right here! _|_ (^.^) _|_

"MMO-RPG" = "Mass Market Oriented - Repetitive Profit Genera"
- damned things still svcked me in ...
Krystina Proietti

Post » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:00 pm

Haha! Yeah. Those guys are pain in the ass. :)
Rach B

Return to Othor Games