Game freeze but sound keeps playing

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:33 am

Ok, I'm gonna go mad... I've been playing Fallout 3 on a pirated version for like a week and it worked perfectly! Liked the game so much I bought it on steam! first i uninstalled everything I had from the pirate version and then installed the new one! Guess what? now that I'm legal the game freezes non stop! It freeze every 5-20 minutes! the screen freeze but the sounds keep playing.Only way out is Ctrl-Alt-del. I've been looking all over the net for a solution but nothing works! tried K-lite codecs, 1.7 official fallout patch, unoficial patch, disabling windows aero and desktop composition, everything! and don't bother asking if I meet the requirements I'm well over them. I run Crysis 2 crystal clear on high quality.... So what am i supposed to do? Stop buying games because hacker do better patch than game developer or will someone try to help me!

Thanks..!
Darian Ennels

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm

I have the same problem.

If you have a multi core, then perhaps this article can address your issue -> http://www.pdsys.org/blog/post/2009/02/07/Fallout-3-VideoDisplay-Freezes-sound-keeps-going.aspx

This did not resolve my issues, but it may resolve yours. FO3 is the most buggy game I've every played, and it gets worse the longer you play. Good luck. Next time you try and post something for help, put your specs up and you load order.
GPMG

Return to Fallout 3