Gamebreaking bug for PS4 version, no gun damage

Post » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:21 pm

Basically it stops guns from doing damage, both to me and to enemies. It retroactively affected save games from before the glitch occured, making it so I either start meleeing or stop playing the game. I can't continue my save.

Video of bug here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V86qHhF4KeA

Started after I was messing with base building between 2 bases (sanctuary and the house on the river with the boathouse), did some modding to weapons and armor, then fast traveled back to the boathouse to continue the brotherhood of steel questline... got attacked by the giant mosquitos first and didn't understand why I got overwhelmed with a combat shotgun going ham. Loaded up again, went around them and that's where I got the above footage (the mosquitos one didn't save) of synths and supermutants.

I can't be shot but I can be melee'd... so suicide supermutants are a non-progression object to me atm (even if I wanted to play my rifle oriented build with only melee from now on) since I can't shoot them and they one shot me before I get close enough to melee.

Loading saves from before I killed my last enemy with gunfire has same issue, it's affecting the rules of the game... not the save file. I'm sick atm and all I want to do is bunker down with some fallout and ride out this cold, and it's the only thing I can't do. Please let me know if there is an easy fix, or at the very least confirmation that wiping saves and reinstalling FO4 would work (I don't want to even try unless it's for sure going to work, and even then, I might wait to see if a patch helps before doing it).

Spaceman

Return to Fallout 4