Post » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 am

Yours truly,
Daffy D Duck
8675309 Crytek Blows Ave
EA SUX CO, 80203

Are you sure you are not from Boulder?
jennie xhx

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:53 pm

LOL, nope, not Boulder, in fact not even from Colorado. I just put a bunch of misinformation together. I'll tell you another secret too.....(I'm not really Daffy D Duck). ;)
Nauty

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:50 pm

What crap are you telling L1belle? There is a secure connection:

https://crysis2pc.d2gstore.gamespy.com/Cards/Cards.aspx
Mark

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:07 pm

Where is the PayPal option? I do not use a credit card online by principal. End of story. No PayPal, no map pack and no money for EA. OK? Sound good? Good.
Jennifer Rose

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:17 pm

I hope they get this fixed by Sunday night, i wanna buy the DLC cause i can now disable PostMSAA in MP, i also redeemed my LE content too.
Sxc-Mary

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Glad to hear you have such a quick response to gamers concerns about their credit card security when buying the DLC. Wish you could do the same quick response to gamers that are having problems connecting to matches. From what I have heard online play is decreasing exponentially due to your lack of focus about gamers feedback/complaints/suggestions, but I am glad you have your priorities together. NOTE: because of online lagging and connection problems and you are charging for the DLC you are losing gamers and in turn profit. So have at it, stay on your path and you will have lost any loyal gamers you have left.
Mr. Ray

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:31 pm

I prefer Paypal. Or simple just be able to buy these packs on Steam, for example.

Agreed.
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:24 pm

Glad to hear you have such a quick response to gamers concerns about their credit card security when buying the DLC. Wish you could do the same quick response to gamers that are having problems connecting to matches. From what I have heard online play is decreasing exponentially due to your lack of focus about gamers feedback/complaints/suggestions, but I am glad you have your priorities together. NOTE: because of online lagging and connection problems and you are charging for the DLC you are losing gamers and in turn profit. So have at it, stay on your path and you will have lost any loyal gamers you have left.

Money is good!
Stable gameplay is bad!

Dontcha know?

BUY BUY BUY our DLC product, forget you already paid $89AUD for the beta already please.

As for buying this? makes me glad I am on xbox when it comes to DLC, not that I will be buying anything from crytek until my game works.
I don't trust giving out my credit card details to a company that rushed their game out because they couldn't even secure it from being leaked.

And paypal has ripped me and many others off too many times so I avoid them....... actually maybe paypal is appropriate for Crytek then?
Crystal Clear

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:23 am

Haha lol yeh i have ZERO faith in this companys security .. The game was hacked and downloaded ? according to them yes, The game itself has demonstrated a complete failure to elimiate cheaters on mulitplayer.. oh yeh .. im gonna hand my credit card info over to them .. you BETCHA ..
LOL
Lou

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:06 pm

I prefer Paypal. Or simple just be able to buy these packs on Steam, for example.
+1
Josee Leach

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:05 am

That sounds great, but it would be even more secure if there was nothing to steal. Having the option not to save credit card information on the server would make a lot of people feel better.

Yepp, I agree. I'm only gonna buy this DLC when that option is available. :/ (...and trust me, I really want to buy it...)
Tamara Primo

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:13 am

The only reason why they responded quickly is because it revolves around money :P Money is what they can't lose
Nana Samboy

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Всем привет!уменя не возможности плотить такой картой сделайте другой способ оплаты!так как нас таких игроков много!вы и за этого многое теряете!!!!
Chloe Mayo

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:34 pm

It looks like they are convincing themselves...
Dona BlackHeart

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:53 am

add this in the ea store or steam and i buy it
Richard Thompson

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:56 pm

How can you say this when Crysis 2 was released before you released it,the beta came out before it was officially released. some one had gotten into your SSL so called protected system and released a hacked version before the official release.
Danny Warner

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Via Steam, or no DLC for me.
Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:34 pm

Aaaa... secure site you say? Then, why my credit card data was missing 2 days after I added it and purchased the DLC?
Yesterday when I tried to play online, an error message appears saying "Failure to load DLC proof of purchase" or something similar. So there was no LE unlocks (these are free) and no DLC maps. I entered gamesas.com/store and in the Purchase History there was the LE code and the DLC. In the Payment method - "no credit card associeted with this account". WTF... Where did my credit card data go?
After I added it again, I was able to play the DLC, and the LE bonuses appeared.
Kit Marsden

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:54 pm

They're robably keeping the DLC close to home(not selling it anywhere else) to prevent any know hackers from DLing it, the hackers won't be able to play DLC unless Crytek has their bank details.
If the DLC gets popular having hackers ruin it( i don't mind them, play more noobish than me), they ruined the MP post launch(some say), the beta was leaked, they just ain't gonna give the hackers much chances now.

[Copied from previous post, think it hits close to home with what's going on.]
Dalley hussain

Post » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:54 am

Glad to know you responded on the payment debt or credit issue on Crytek's website but that still doesn't change the fact we cannot delete our cards on your website. We have rights, give us that options or you will be facing a lawsuit here. I'm not kidding. YOU should know Americans or other customers will start getting mad they cannot remove their cards for security reasons because they don't feel comfortable having it on the website. It's their right and their choice. Please make it happen otherwise you may be seeing papers from lawyers from other customers which you and i both agree we don't wanna see that!
Queen

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:28 pm

Dear liviuandro,

its not "crap" what I trying to tell! Once again: I am totaly aware, that the frame, where the CC-Data is written in, is secured with HTTPS. But it is a frame, that means it is embedded within a normal unencrypted website.
The idea of "Having HTTPS within the adressline" is an indicator for any user, that the data will be encrypted AND the URL is veryfied.
As you can see in other posts some users believed, that is will not be encrypted. Should a CC User be an "Expert" for Internet technology to estimate whether the data is encrypted or not? I say NO. It must be easy to determin for an usual Internet user.
So it is important, that there ist HTTPS in the overall URL of a web site, that likes to have your cc data.
And the other thing: PCI DSS 2.0 just requires it!

Best regards

L1belle
Kelly James

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:09 pm

Dear liviuandro,

its not "crap" what I trying to tell! Once again: I am totaly aware, that the frame, where the CC-Data is written in, is secured with HTTPS. But it is a frame, that means it is embedded within a normal unencrypted website.

But the frame is still encrypted, a hacker is only going to end up with the encrypted frame. The hacker can only manipulate the data around it meaning they can change images, set up fake forms etc but can't access the cc data.

What needs to change though is they need to get rid of that frame and run the whole store in it's own page (which you can already do proved in the link above), then they need to run the images from that store page from a secure source.

It shouldn't take two minutes to fix that and would be simpler and use less bandwidth than running the whole site secured only.
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:49 pm

But the frame is still encrypted, a hacker is only going to end up with the encrypted frame. The hacker can only manipulate the data around it meaning they can change images, set up fake forms etc but can't access the cc data.

What needs to change though is they need to get rid of that frame and run the whole store in it's own page (which you can already do proved in the link above), then they need to run the images from that store page from a secure source.

It shouldn't take two minutes to fix that and would be simpler and use less bandwidth than running the whole site secured only.

Dear n00binator,

what about a man-in-the-middle attack? What about a complete fake website, attacked by a faked line in "HOSTS"? There are a lot of way to attack a connection.
I am not talking about securing the data on site (Storing, etc...) That is a other chapter. Here we are talking what happend when you use this site (or the faked version).
Your idea is right, to do a rerouting to the site that is in the frame... but that destoyes the corporate design.. :-))))
I reviewed a payment provider who serves his customers with theyr own corporate design. No Problem...
My point was the sentence from Cry-Tom, that the website is PCI DSS compliant. An my opinion is: It is NOT!
-> See my post (on the first side).

Best regards

L1belle
Keeley Stevens

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:45 pm

i wish there is an option to remove credit card payment option too. infact ill change the word "wish" to "demand".
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 pm

like why don't I have the right to remove my credit card information in my profile?
A Boy called Marilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Crysis