Gauss is useless

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:15 am

Why the heck would anybody use the gauss? It's massively insuperior to DSG-1 due to it's low fire rate, not I shot-kill (except headshot of course), and low accuracy. YES, ITS INACCURATE. So, why is it unlocked at a higher level than the DSG-1 and not the other way around? Well, that's because people see this electrostatic shit and are impressed by it, while the truth is, it's not that much of a deal. Think of it. When was the last time a gauss juggernaut killed you?

1 month ago?
Never?

And how many times have you been sniped with the gauss. None?
That's what I'm talking about, but because I might be wrong, I hope gauss juggernauts reply to this. Have a nice day.
Josh Sabatini

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Well, I used Gauss a lot, mastered it, ill tell you where you are wrong, not wrong but the good way to play with it. First i played it with sniper scope. First gun that i made my high score 33-3. 30 kills without dying, almost all were headshots, more ammo than DSG, if someone is just a tiny little bit injured you can kill him with 1 hit.
But the next thing that it was very useful was using the Gauss with red dot sight or assault scope (personal thing), Nova as a sidearm, for the modules i used Energy Transfer, cuz its good for the hit and run tactic, Blind Spot, cuz why not, and the most important thing, Weapon Pro. Just get a body shot and switch to the sidearm, secured kill, and they cant run away cuz you took all of his energy. So its not quite useless, you just need to find the right tactic what to do with it. And if you are really accurate, giving headshots it can be better than DSG just cuz it has more ammo.
;)
roxxii lenaghan

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:32 am

Well okay, I guess that's a pretty decent tactic, but still, for true sniping with sniper scope, camping etc. the gauss is massively insuperior to the DSG-1.
luke trodden

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:11 am

Well everybody has their own opinion. I liked the Gauss a lot, and sniping isnt the same as camping. ;)
Btw my classes were:
Scar
Scarab
DSG scope
DSG red dot
Gauss red dot

I saw that you play on Xbox, lucky you, you can still play it, i miss Crysis 2 so much. And if you have any other questions, or if you want to know some secrets just tell me. ;)
Flutterby

Post » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:34 am

I liked the gauss but I couldn't use it(xbox too), it seemed very inaccurate if you were "rapid firing", dsg was easier(but loved the grendel the most)... not sure if it was fixed in a patch tho.
sas

Return to Crysis