Do i get fallout tactics?

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:00 am

Hey i saw a box the other day for about 6 pounds that contained fallout 1, fallout 2 and fallout tactics and i was just going to ask if i will enjoy them?
I LOVE fallout 3 and most rpgs i play though i havent played many dated ones only things like morrowind and oblivion so i wondered do Fallout 1 and 2 have open ended worlds and will i like them if i love other rpgs.
The other thing i wondered however is whats fallout tactics like as all i know is that it has squad based comat?
Thats what id like to know the most-is fallout tactics:brotherhood of steel any good or is it awful.
Thanks
Bryanna Vacchiano

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:48 am

Well, I think it really depends on whether or not you like turn-based action, as far as F1 and 2 go. It's not everyone's cup of tea, and the games are about 10 years old, so they won't look as pretty as contemporary games. If you can get past that, though, I think you'll find some RPGs that are a good deal more open-ended than you may be used to from Bethesda-type games.

Fallout: Tactics is also a good game, but only if you enjoyed the combat from Fallout 1 and 2. Because it's definately a strategy game, and not an RPG. It does have the option to play in real-time or turn-based, though. (Personally, I didn't like the real-time game too much.) It's got RPG elements, all your squad gains in levels and such, but it's basically just moving on from one mission to the next.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:56 am

Its not a bad game, although its TOO LINEAR, the art-style is a bit strange, there are some canon breachs, and the combat is good, but Jagged Alliance 2 seems to be way, way better. Jagged Alliance 2 is much better, specially being non-linear.
Sara Lee

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks for the response i think i will buy them because im not too bothered about it being turn based combat or even having bad graphics.And with tactics im not too bothered about it going from one mission to another as i wasnt expecting much and if the other too are open ended then that will be fine.The reason im considering buying them is because there are some games that i played the originals first with like doom then when i played doom 3 i found it poor in comparison so ive decided to try and give original games a go as they can definately be a lot better.
Thanks again
sarah simon-rogaume

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:08 am

Just don't touch the Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel PS2/Xbox shooter.
neil slattery

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:59 pm

Haha ok i have never even heard of it but no its a pc game triple pack.
And ill order it this week hopefully so i can play it after my exams next week!
Verity Hurding

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 am

I can't find anyplace to download any Original Fallout titles from. But I've really only been focused on finding Tactics
Tamara Primo

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:51 am

I can't find anyplace to download any Original Fallout titles from. But I've really only been focused on finding Tactics

Go to GoG.com
I got Fallout 1 and 2 for $5.99 each.
Sara Lee

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:00 am

Hey i saw a box the other day for about 6 pounds that contained fallout 1, fallout 2 and fallout tactics and i was just going to ask if i will enjoy them?
I LOVE fallout 3 and most rpgs i play though i havent played many dated ones only things like morrowind and oblivion so i wondered do Fallout 1 and 2 have open ended worlds and will i like them if i love other rpgs.
The other thing i wondered however is whats fallout tactics like as all i know is that it has squad based comat?
Thats what id like to know the most-is fallout tactics:brotherhood of steel any good or is it awful.
Thanks

Tactics is a squad based tactical game. There are a few RPG trappings, but it's not an RPG. Of the three FO games at that time (FO1, FO2, Tactics), Tactics handled the turn based combat the best.
Marion Geneste

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:55 am

Tactics is a squad based tactical game. There are a few RPG trappings, but it's not an RPG. Of the three FO games at that time (FO1, FO2, Tactics), Tactics handled the turn based combat the best.

It had the best combat mechanics, but suffered from bad mission design.
OJY

Return to Fallout Series Discussion