Ghost Effect

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:23 am

How can you create a set of armor that when it's equiped it gives you the see though/blue outline effect that HPC ghosts have is it a script or a shader and how would i go about doing that?
Elle H

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Write a script that attaches the ghost shader to the player when a specific item is equipped.

You should also look at the characters that use that effect and see how Bethesda puts the effect on them.
Chrissie Pillinger

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:56 am

Ok this is a workaround for and enchanted item script that i'm trying to make, the effect i'm trying to get can't be used for enchanting so i have the item enchanted with a dummy enchantment so it says the item is enchanted and this is where the effect comes from. It just adds the ability to the player while it's equipped then removes it when the item is unequipped.

The PROBLEM
it doesn't give me the effect it doesn't work at all

scn GhostlyVeilScriptref tempRefbegin OnEquip player	player.addspell abGhostlyVeilendbegin OnUnequip player	player.removespell abGhostlyVeilend

What's wrong?
GLOW...

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:55 am

your adding a spell...not an effect...

try this instead:
scn GhostlyVeilScriptref tempRefbegin OnEquip player	player.pms ghosteffect	player.saa 0.4endbegin OnUnequip player	player.smsghosteffect	player.saa 1end

EDIT: player.saa [0 - 1] is what makes the player see throughish....0 being not there and 1 being totally there....im not sure what value the ghosts in-game use
Dorian Cozens

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:23 am

Thanks that works fantastically!
Rebecca Dosch

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:56 am

I assume that player.smsghosteffect is supposed to be player.sms ghosteffect?

the player.saa command works fine for me, but I cant seem to get the "cloud" ghost effect to leave the player....
Kanaoka

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:34 am

Here is what I'm trying to do:

Hey guys I'm trying to create the monk skill "Empty Body" in Oblivion. (Right now I'm making it a Lesser Power)

I've got a script that adds the ghost effect to the player and I need to add the chameleon spell to get 50% hidden/cover/dodge thingy.... but I need to either remove the chameleon invis. effect or simply add the 50% cover effect on its own (in a script) but I dont know what "skill" to modify in script......

If that makes sense to anyone can you please post a suggestion?

My Ghost Script so far:

scn DNBGhostEffectScript

float timer

begin ScriptEffectStart
player.saa 0.01
pms ghosteffect
set timer to 1
;Increment timer
set timer to timer + GetSecondsPassed
end

begin ScriptEffectUpdate

end

begin ScriptEffectFinish

if ( timer > 59 ) ;effect ends (need to restore body to normal)
player.saa 1
sms ghosteffect
endif

end
Lynne Hinton

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:16 am

btw I can't seem to get player.sms ghosteffect to work in script or console to remove the ghost effect from the player.... which is now my first concern...
and I have tried sms ghosteffect and StopMagicShaderVisuals GhostEffect (in script)
Hairul Hafis

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 pm

ok this seems to work, but I still need a solution for the chameleon dodge/invis part of the spell - without the chameleon invis effect =-)

Begin ScriptEffectStart
Player.pms ghosteffect
Player.saa 0.4
End

Begin ScriptEffectFinish
Player.sms ghosteffect
Player.saa 1
End
Philip Rua

Return to IV - Oblivion