Gonna try for a robot world.

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:31 pm

New game, this will probably take me a while but....

First order, straight to Spectacle Island to set up some Water Purifiers to bankroll me (I buy all my stuff).

Lvl 15 start Automatron, complete it as soon as I'm able, just have to see about that I guess. Gonna concentrate on Robotics, Science, Gun Nut, Armourer, blacksmith - the robot building perks.

Gonna wait until I'm comfortable with my robot building ability and cash-flow until I rescue Preston and the mob.

Then I'm gonna start on settlements BUT I'm not gonna do much building or recruiting in them. I intend to man them almost exclusively with robots, the only exception being for traders and only because robots won't be traders. So there'll only be a few beds and some water, some food and .... that's about it. Will even scrounge on food and water maybe growing everything on Spectacle and just using provisioners (robots of course).

Not gonna worry about defence, leave that to the robots, they get attacked often - GOOD! The few humans there whinge about defence - then let them whinge!

Also on this playthrough gonna dumb down my character to the point of not taking perks above what I deem absolutely necessary. I don't want to be invincible, I want to be squishable and rely on cunning over muscle.

All I want is my fibre armoured suit & hat, sunglasses and the Deliverer, a nice silenced .50 sniper and the railway gun for the heavier enemies.

And settlements chock full of robots - they don't whinge!
Dina Boudreau

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:42 am

Sounds awesome man you go
anna ley

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:22 pm

If you're on PC, there's a mod to let you assign bots as traders. It's the same issue with assigning other companions as traders, their companion dialog overrides anything else.

Louise

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:12 pm

I wanted to build a settlement full of robots and technology machinery, maybe even try to make it look like a spaceship. But your goals aim so much further, I even think you will give up before you can fill all settlement of robots.

You seem so enthusiastic that I want to motivate you when you realize you will fail. Good luck. :tops:

SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:50 pm

I wish the Robots counted toward defenses.

Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:07 pm

I'm on XBOX so no mods. And Armor what makes you think I'd give up? Won't be giving up bud, almost at Spectacle already at lvl 3. Of course I've had to take Aquaboy just to be able to swim across there but it's all good.

I'll just fill settlements as quick as I can build bots. My other game I got more money than I know what to spend it on from my water, now I know what I'll spend it on.
barbara belmonte

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:55 am

I'm actually glad they don't for this scenario. I WANT attacks.
I love YOu

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Er, I'm kind glad you said that because now I can't find the mods I was talking about. >.> serves me right for not checking first. But I have faith in you - be sure to share your results. For now I'll focus on building a Minuteman Sentry Bot at every allied settlement, but I have considered turning the Commonwealth into a paradise for robots. Suggestion for you: No two robots should be identical. Every citizen is unique.

Roy Harris

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:18 pm

I will, but maaaaaaaaaaaan I think it's gonna take me some time to get there. Not really even gonna start building or settling until I got all the bot related perks maxed. Gonna cost me a fortune too so there's getting power and water sorted at Spectacle first.

My other game is at bout 8 daysish. This one I expect to take all that, but if I get it right it'll be this one that will be the one I take all the way to the end of all content.

EDIT: and yeah, I like your idea of every robot unique. I think I'll work to something like that as far as I can anyway. Names will probably be generic to settlement and task so I can identify on a look. But yeah, I like what you're saying.
Louise

Return to Fallout 4