I have a recent issue with Oblivion freezing the computer

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:44 pm

I have a recent issue of oblivion in Windows 10 freezing the computer in a blank screen when i quit the application from escape menu > quit. The computer just goes into blank screen and freezes indefinitely. This happens when i quit the application without even loading a character save or quitting from loading a character save. I have disabled all my mods and run the game with the default esp and esm files loaded, the game still displays same behaviour. I shall tell you what addons i have in the oblivion folder that could be causing crashes in another message, i'm going to try moving the oblivion.ini file in documents and temporarily moving some of the game script addons out of the main folders to see if they are the culprits. I'll post another message

Jake Easom

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:45 pm

Was this a recent installation of Windows 10? Was this an update from Windows 8/7?

-__^

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:54 pm

Hmmm, starting within the last couple of months, I've had an intermittent issue when I exit. A windows "window" will pop up on the black background, saying that Oblivion has stopped working, and windows is looking for a solution.

Is that what is happening to you?

Sometimes I can ctrl/alt/delete, and get to task manager to shut it down, but a few times I had to do a hard reset. It only happens occasionally, and the saves seem to work, so I just live with it.

I'm still using Windows 7 by the way.

(G-yen)

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:19 pm

there's a problem with the video settings, i confirm that its enabling anti-aliasing in-game, but HDR rendering is turned off so there's no clear reason there's conflict. It's not the mods that is causing the black screen crash. I have Nvidia GTX 750 Ti and some 2016 version driver installed that is probably a month or more out of date, but like that matters for a 2007 game

Farrah Lee

Post » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:52 pm

Oblivion does not Support both HDR and Anti-Aliasing. I prefer using Anti-Aliasing and bloom. I believe Oblivion reloaded supports both but I do not like most of the game changes that mod does.

I also use a Nvidia GTX 750 TI.

I have not played Oblivion for some time so I will try to play it now.

[edit]

I had the same issues with mods. I think the last time I played I was troubleshooting some issues for someone. I was able to load up without mods but some of those mods did corrupt install. I uninstalled the game and downloading a fresh copy of Oblivion from Steam. I usually play Oblivion with no mods except for OBSE and Stutter Remover.

[edit]

No issue with a fresh install

Anna S

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:24 am

Fastexit2 fixed that problem for me on Win 10. http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22410/?
Yung Prince

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:50 am

i said that when i enable anti-aliasing in-game it crashes the computer when i quit the game, i can enable anti-aliasing in Nvidia Control Panel with no problems though. I can delete the Oblivion.ini file and restart the game fine or rename to "iMultiSample=0" So anyone reading this post who's having crashes can know this is one of the causes on the list causing the game to crash (in some cases)

Lyndsey Bird

Post » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:20 am

Thanks to Eamonn for the HDR + anti-aliasing tip. Just started a new game after not playing for years and forgot everything I used to know about the game. Oblivion the game that started my obsession with upgrading. Actually the game that got me into PC gaming.

Sammi Jones

Return to IV - Oblivion