Have you ever become master of a guild in Daggerfall?

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:55 pm

I have this game since it came out in 1996, and I never, ever got the patience to rise up to be the guildmaster of any faction.
I wonder, I suppose you don't have extra bonuses when you are a guildmaster? And do you still have to get quests to maintain your reputation?

Although I never rose high in the ranks of the guilds, It's always a lot of fun to be in one, do missions and eventually buy myself a house and retire. :)
Brandi Norton

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:31 am

The only guilds that I've ever risen to guildmaster (well, Patriarch, in my case) status in would be the temple of Akatosh, and even then because one of the required skills is Running, which is one of the easiest skills to develop (I had 100% by about level 9, with it as a miscellaneous skill). So that probably counts as cheating in some obscure way. I never have trouble with getting reputation in a guild - it's the skill requirements that restrict me. I didn't notice any particular benefit to being Patriarch - I didn't notice any special Patriarch quests nor any benefits such as new services in the temple. Apparently, for every new rank within the Akatosh Chantry, fast travel time is reduced, but if so, it must have been a minor reduction. I used the temple as my sole source of quests for that character, so I was doing quests fairly often and thus had a constantly high reputation, but I don't know if you actually need to do quests. But I don't think you can be demoted - only kicked out if your reputation goes below zero.
Amiee Kent

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:21 pm

I've done it for the Mages Guild. Illusion was my highest skill. Nothing new for archmage rank, but the other high end ones are nice, like teleportation.
Maria Garcia

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:32 am

Ah yes teleportation, and there's Daedra Summoning too, I think? Hmm, the Mages' Guild and the Temples are the only two factions that I haven't played much in. Maybe I'll start a new character (again. My save slots are full :P) and be Healer and a mage. :)
Danielle Brown

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:05 am

The Mage's guild teleportation benefit may be the single best unique guild benefit. All other guild benefits that cannot be gained anywhere else just don't measure up.

Writing while legally buzzed,
Jim
phil walsh

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:45 pm

So whats all about "teleportation"? Can you teleport to every place in Illiac Bay?
N3T4

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:35 am

You can teleport to every place, yes. This combined with an anchor at an arbitrary mages guild means you can instantly go to any town, dungeon or village instanly.

Edit: Oh, and I've become archmage in the mages guild, nothing else.
Daramis McGee

Post » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:39 am

I do rather enjoy the initiate reward for being a knight, as silly as that sounds. The free inn rooms! If I get bored I can go to each of the taverns near the marketplace and other well-traveled areas of my home town and reserve a free room for 99 days, and then extend it for another 99, and repeat until satisfied. Then whenever I come home I get the ridiculous messages of:

"You have a room at The Rat and Woodchuck for 167 days"
"You have a room at The Unfortunate Dragon for 146 days"
"You have a room at The Whimsical Goatse for 8976 days"
"You have a room at The Cat and Lobster for 10 days"
"You have a room with Queen Barenziah for 365 days (and so does everyone else)"

And so on.

On a side note, I'm still disappointed that the Buy and Sell Soulgems perk of the DB doesn't work as planned. That would have been cool.
courtnay

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:19 pm

"You have a room with Queen Barenziah for 365 days (and so does everyone else)"

Is your character a Khajiit? ;)
Dona BlackHeart

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Is your character a Khajiit? ;)

Oh snap! :rofl:
Pawel Platek

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion