Hearthfire Questions -

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 pm

So I downloaded the Hearthfire DLC. I've seen the occasional orphan, the steward in Whiterun sent me a note saying I could add on/modify Breezehome for a childs room. But... when I "purchased" the Childs room, it had no price [...] is what it showed, and nothing happened or changed within the house.

So what exactly do I do to add something to a house. Or do I have to go to one of the other towns and buy the Hearthfire property. Color me confused. I obviously haven't read a thing about it either.
james tait

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:04 pm

The Breezehome child's room is bugged.I think Dawnguard fixes it.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:32 am

Dawnguard caused the bug, Hearthfire fixed it. If your furnishing attempt went wrong, you are most likely playing on the PC with mods that affect Breezehime, your mods are not compatible with the DLC. For Breezehome you are not adding a room, but changing the alchemy room into a child's bedroom, so make sure you take anything out that you want, including anything in the barrel under the stairs.
Dan Wright

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:25 am

Well, I have minimal mods- char gen mods, unofficial patch, nothing that changes game stuff or house stuff. Maybe the only one that could possibly affect it is one that puts an apothecary satchel on the alchemy table? I can live without messing with the Breezehome house.

Does it affect Proudspire as well? I bought the living room section, but when I walk in, the room is still not fixed, cobwebs by the door, but the rest of the house is all fine and normal, even though I have bought everything possible for it.

If it is bugged,anyway to fix it? Deactivate the DLC or something.

But I was just curious how I even get started if I wanted to build a house.
Alan Cutler

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Hearthfire lays claim to all your brought houses, any mod that changes them is going to glitch the DLC. I am sure there is no mod that essential you cannot do without it for a while. Hearthfire I believe stole the cooking pot from the Proudspire living room, no idea why that glitch occurs, since the changes it legitimately makes are upstairs where a new room would be added for the children. But lots of things in Skyrim seem to be connected for no logical reason.

And if you are running the old unofficial skyrim patch, that is also not compatible with Hearthfire, since it affects the houses, a newer version is available that is compatible.
Alessandra Botham

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Hmm, so I deactivated the Apothecary satchels mods. That didn't work and other than the USP, it was the only one of the small number I am running that would've possibly interfered. (The others are strictly chargen mods - eyes, hair, eyebrows - no other armor, clothing, house or gameplay type mods.)

So I unchecked the Hearthfire esm, loaded up the game, ran off to Falk Firebeard and he had the living room available again, so I purchased it and now Proudspire is looking like it should with all the vanilla house stuff.

I'll try re-activating Hearthfire. but one other question - I am running the Unofficial patch off of the Steam workshop subscription - I cannot tell what version it is, and I thought I understood they updated automatically? If not, should I just delete and resubscribe? I haven't done much with the workshop or much with modding Skyrim anyway (obviously...) :)
Damned_Queen

Post » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:59 pm

I am not a PC player, so not sure how downloading the unofficial patch on steam works, you need version 1.2.2 or higher.
Stephani Silva

Return to V - Skyrim