Help! my carry weight is 200 extra of nothing

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:23 pm

Hello i recently started a new game with a bunch of mods, for a while i was bother with my carry weight being to high and when i checked it out, adding everything in my inventory to my calculator i have 79 in my inventory but in the bottom corner it says total weight is 280. So i have 200 that i cant find and its ruining my game.

I play with alot of mods but i have not noticed any other problems, not a single crash or bug so far with around 10 hours played.

I am looking for anyone else who have encountered this problem or read about it, i dont have the stamina to go through all the mods one by one.

thanks in advance for the replies and sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section, i dont visit this forum much.

Megan Stabler

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:32 pm

If you are on PC, you can use player.showinventory to see a list of all items you carry. I would advise to drop everything you can in a safe container. That way you will only have items that you can't drop - quest items that doesn't wight anything and you'll have a smaller list to check. If you find something strange, use player.drop itemID 1 to drop it on the ground. Then you can see it on the ground just next to you.

stephanie eastwood

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm

thank you for the reply but as i said i already counted everything i had on me, they extra weight comes from nothing. I did strip everything except the quest items and the first time i did it there was 150 weight left when i was naked. Now a couple of levels later its 186, so the number just keeps rising.

Guess i will just have to scrap this run but it is annoying to not now what causes this.

Amysaurusrex

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Seems like something has corrupted the save.

Since you are using mods, have you removed any and kept playing? I ask this because that's a guaranteed way to ruin a save.

TOYA toys

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Some interesting advice BGS has over on their new official forums.

https://beta-community.bethesda.net/topic/391/skyrim-se-known-issues

Also try this, but save before doing so. Open up the command console (usually the "~" key) and type in the following

player.removeallitems

Press enter and then see if your character still has 200 weighing him/ her down. You'll obviously want to reload after using that console command.

electro_fantics

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:06 am

You can also use consloe to increase your carryweight by using the command "player.modav carryweight"

Allso check if u have any disease that effects carryweight if you do visit an alchemist and get a cure disease potion.

Mélida Brunet

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:04 am

That's why i said to use player.showinventory command. Some items can glitch/duplicate, but won't show on your inventory interface, but you'll find the codes with this console command. It's usually followed by a BAD line.

Louise Lowe

Return to V - Skyrim