HELP! Count of Skingrad MIA

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:31 am

Janus Hassildor, The Count of Skingrad is nowhere to be seen. I first ran into a problem once I received the cure for vampirism...his Argonian stewardess tells me "the count awaits within..." but after waiting and searching for days on end, he never appears. The green map marker stays associated with the stewardess who just walks around the main hall, telling me the same thing regarding the count waiting for me.

I just moved on not too concerned, as I have my cure for vampirism, but now that i'm finally getting around to doing the mage guild quests, i'm stuck on the second Arcane University quest, which is recovering a book from Janus. Dude is still nowhere around Castle Skingrad. This truly blows as I set my character up to be a battle mage, and I dont see how I'll be able to advance much if I can't find this guy!

Please help!!

-regards

PS apologies if i've posted in the wrong area

Robert Bindley

Post » Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:41 am

Are you on the PC?

Edit: If so, download the Unofficial Oblivion Patch, which may fix this issue.

Francesca

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:25 am

Also, here is his page on the UESP: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Janus_Hassildor There may be something on that page that can can help you.

Umpyre Records

Post » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:55 am

Or try the suggestion on Hal-Liurz's page - I think that is what you have hit - you've completed the vampire cure, right? http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Hal-Liurz

Sorry for janky formatting below, copy paste being weird.

"This may be fixed in some cases by using the console command stopquest ms40, which ends the vampire cure quest; apparently the game does not always recognize when the quest ends."

Big Homie

Return to IV - Oblivion