Help! "Error while attempting to reload the script"!

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:52 am

Somehow, the script just went nuts all of a sudden. This is the script that I've been using for the past 2 weeks in-game, so it does work and it has been compiled.

But for some reason, CK refuses to load it. When I click on "Properties", it gives a bunch of errors about "not being able to associate vars with something-something". I pressed Yes To All and now it only gives that error in the title, and all the properties are gone. Furthermore, in the Papyrus Script Manager, it's flagged as Not Compiled yet, while the .pex is sitting right there.

I suppose I could make a new script (the source, for some odd reason, is still accessible even within he CK itself with "Edit Source"), but what about the variables already stored? IIRC the best way to clean Properties is by manually removing them via the Properties window, now I don't know if the properties will become some sort of "ghost" or something in the saves?

In the source, there is still things like FormList property XXX Auto, CK simply cannot load them.

What can I do?

EDIT: Btw, I tried to manually delete and re-add the script, CK refuses to load it due to the errors. I also tried to manually compile the psc via Papyrus Script Manager and th Edit Source window. While it says "succeed", in Papyrus Script Manager it's still flagged as "not compiled" and I still can't access the Properties.
gary lee

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:52 am

Try stripping the script from the form with TES5Edit (remove the VMAD info), then reglue it in the CK? You'd have to refill the properties necessarily, but it might set things straight.
maria Dwyer

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:05 am

Try stripping the script from the form with TES5Edit (remove the VMAD info), then reglue it in the CK? You'd have to refill the properties necessarily, but it might set things straight.

I'm more concerned with the wild variables, actually. It looks like, for some reason, all my script are borked. They will still run fine (I hope, since the .pex doesn't change, I have the .pex's backup), I don't want it to cause savegame bloat.

Though I have to admit I'm also concerned with the script itself.

Will try your suggestion. Thanks!
Erich Lendermon

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:25 am

There should be an editor papyrus log in your log folder (same place the papyrus logs for the game are placed) which should have more information related to this error that might help you track down what's going on. If all your scripts suddenly started being affected then it's possible that a single script that they all depend on went all weird on you and recompiling that one should fix things.
krystal sowten

Return to V - Skyrim