Help me name my final enchanted Imperial weapon

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm sure you're all tired of my recent ramblings about my devout Imperial Legionnaire, Maximus Meridius. I seek just one more round of opinions....

I've finished the MW and TB main quests, and I'm about to catch the first boat to Solsthiem. So far, my weapons have been thus: enchanted Imperial Broadsword (on MW, got longblade skill to 100), an enchanted "Imperial" steel mace (during TB, to develop my blunt skill) and ~2,500 throwing stars and a few darts (during TB, to develop marksman in case I need it for BM), Chrysamere where no normal weapon will suffice (Gedna & Gaenor).... now I want to christen a lore-friendly axe to round out my soldier's melee skills.

Since he's playing at 100 difficulty, and this is, after all, Bloodmoon.... I'm leaning towards an enchanted Nordic Silver Axe. As a diehard Imperial soldier, he obviously admires (near worships) Tiber Septim. Tiber was born a Nord, and originally called Talos. He also assumed the name Ysmir (Dragon of the North) late in life. So, here are the potential names I'm kicking around for my enchanted Nordic Silver Axe (the obvious weapon choice for a Nord!):

Tiber Septim's War Axe
Hatchet of Young Talos
Ysmir's Silver Fang
Thu'um's Leading Edge (Thu'um being http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Thu%27um)

Got a favorite? Any other ideas?
Andrew Tarango

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:20 am

Ysmir's Silver Fang
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:20 pm

The Septimater. :wink_smile:

Trust me.
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:36 pm

Ysmir's Silver Fang

I too like this one the best.
Maria Garcia

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:46 am

Re: Ysmir's Silver Fang

Fittingly, I'm using the Imperial Dragonscale Helm and Towershield (with custom enchantments to boot). This fang-turned-axe-blade theme would certainly round out my ensemble!
Natalie Taylor

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:51 am

Isn't there a forum member named Ysmir with that exact same avatar Knightly? :P
Austin Suggs

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:28 am

Well I would love to make my "Ysmir's Silver Fang", but, I'm http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1165744-can-i-put-an-apostrophe-in-an-enchanted-items-name/... anyone know how to get around this problem?
CArlos BArrera

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:56 pm

Re: Ysmir's Silver Fang

Fittingly, I'm using the Imperial Dragonscale Helm and Towershield (with custom enchantments to boot). This fang-turned-axe-blade theme would certainly round out my ensemble!

Yeah, that pretty much does it. Ysmir's Silver Fang sounds extremely cool in my mind. And Nordish. :)

Still having problems with apostrophe? :( Try that alt+shift thing before you enter the game, if you already haven't. I don't seem to remember whether alt+shift still even affects on the in-game key mapping... At least it's not possible to alter that mapping with alt+shift when already in-game... Or just search the right button. :angel:

(I'm sure you've tried everything already, but just making sure. Hope you can get the apostrophe done! If not, how about (The) Silver Fang of Ysmir? Not as cool as the possession genitive 's though. :P)
Jeffrey Lawson

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Well I would love to make my "Ysmir's Silver Fang", but, I'm http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1165744-can-i-put-an-apostrophe-in-an-enchanted-items-name/... anyone know how to get around this problem?

You can read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII. :read:
Inol Wakhid

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:20 pm

Well, I tried to copy an apostrophe outside the game, then started up and tried to paste with control-V in-game, and it just typed a v. So... I'm guessing Alt, Ctrl, ect, don't behave in-game as would be required to do the ASCII codes? But it doesn't really matter....

I already got impatient and just name it "Silver Fang of Hjalti Ysmir". :)

My thought was that it differentiated between Talos (Hjalti) and any other emperors that went by Ysmir (which I understand there was a few of ?).

[edit] Almost forgot! I self-enchanted with absorb health 4-5 pts on strike, plus paralyze 2 sec on strike. Perfect for sneaking around the snowscape in an attempt to ambush badies one at a time. 2 sec allows full draw of the weapon between blows, potentially allowing me to survive the werewolves later in game... :)
Sun of Sammy

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:54 pm

well, i don't think your weapon will work on werewolves. i had the blackhands dagger, it seems they are immune to magical attacks like absorb health. i am not sure about elemental spells.
ladyflames

Post » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:35 pm

well, i don't think your weapon will work on werewolves. i had the blackhands dagger, it seems they are immune to magical attacks like absorb health. i am not sure about elemental spells.

The http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:Werewolf they're not magicka resistant in general; a few varieties have 25-50% resist magicka, but a vast majority have no resistance. So paralyse and absorb health should be perfect, no? Also, the silver will double the base damage from 35 to 70 at full draw. Seems quite suitable to me?...
Kelvin Diaz

Return to III - Morrowind