Help needed with oblivion plane

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 am

I hate the oblivion planes. They are so . . . infernal and tedious.

So, I don't know why I decided to close an oblivion gate with my main character, but now I'm there and can't get out.

There is a central tower surrounded by four (?) other towers. I was in the center tower going up the spiral walkway when after a long time I realized it's not spiral, it just circles the tower and I was going around and around but I can't find a way up to the next level. There are doors/walkways to the tops of the outer towers. In each outer tower there is a switch to pull, but I can't see that it does anything. One tower had two levers and when I pulled the second lever the body dropped from the cage and fell to the bottom of the tower.

Help would be appreciated.

And a word of advice to others, maybe it's not such a good idea to enter an oblivion plane while drunk.
Karl harris

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:55 am

There are six towers (plus the central one). Four of those lead to the same level in the main tower, and all you can do is open gates into the central area. The other two towers are accessed from ground level in the central area after opening at least one gate. Either tower will take you into another level of the central tower from which you can go up and close it.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Random_Oblivion_World_2
Sun of Sammy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:27 am

There are six towers (plus the central one). Four of those lead to the same level in the main tower, and all you can do is open gates into the central area. The other two towers are accessed from ground level in the central area after opening at least one gate. Either tower will take you into another level of the central tower from which you can go up and close it.

Thanks! Super helpful! I will try that as soon as I'm off work and my wife goes to sleep and gives up the xbox/tv!
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I hate the oblivion planes. They are so . . . infernal and tedious.

So, I don't know why I decided to close an oblivion gate with my main character, but now I'm there and can't get out.

There is a central tower surrounded by four (?) other towers. I was in the center tower going up the spiral walkway when after a long time I realized it's not spiral, it just circles the tower and I was going around and around but I can't find a way up to the next level. There are doors/walkways to the tops of the outer towers. In each outer tower there is a switch to pull, but I can't see that it does anything. One tower had two levers and when I pulled the second lever the body dropped from the cage and fell to the bottom of the tower.

Help would be appreciated.

And a word of advice to others, maybe it's not such a good idea to enter an oblivion plane while drunk.

LOL on that drunk part. The only way to get out is to be drunk again. Anyway, that particular tower:

You are going round and round because of it's static level. You must go DOWN one level, to find a door which opens to the level ABOVE where you are currently. When you get there, to the top, there will be a switch. Hit it. This will extend a bridge to one of the other towers. Find the door. Which is like half a circle down in the same tower, as the switch. Go across the bridge. There is a switch at the top of each successive tower which extends another bridge, to finally, the Tower Portal.

After this immense crawl, you can choose to go up one level and close the Gate right there, or choose to go all the way down the Tower Portal, hacking and looting. I tend to choose the latter.

On a side note: If you save your game right before taking that sigil stone, if you don't get what you want, you can reload your save and get a new completely randomized sigil stone. I save my game in the miscellaneous items menu, so the stone is right there to look at and decide. Good luck!
alyssa ALYSSA

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 am

okay thanks. this is why i hate oblivion planes. They're tedius.

but the link to the wiki was helpful and I took a detour to the hidden cave off on the edge of one of the islands and scored a couple of very sweet weapons there. (I would feel bad about using a spoiler like that but I know in my heart of hearts that I would never have found that cave on my own even in a thousand years of obivion damnation). Anyway, its good to have the extra weapons because i'm out of soul gems and all my existing weapons are all drained now.

So I made my way back to the towers and started on my way to the 1st level to start the long crawl you described, but then my wife wanted to talk, so oblivion will have to wait. priorities.
lisa nuttall

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:24 pm

but the link to the wiki was helpful and I took a detour to the hidden cave off on the edge of one of the islands and scored a couple of very sweet weapons there. (I would feel bad about using a spoiler like that but I know in my heart of hearts that I would never have found that cave on my own even in a thousand years of obivion damnation). Anyway, its good to have the extra weapons because i'm out of soul gems and all my existing weapons are all drained now.

So I made my way back to the towers and started on my way to the 1st level to start the long crawl you described, but then my wife wanted to talk, so oblivion will have to wait. priorities.

Haha, yup, priorities
Motionsharp

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:23 am

but the link to the wiki was helpful and I took a detour to the hidden cave off on the edge of one of the islands and scored a couple of very sweet weapons there.

Aha! The Chorrol Gate. Yes, using the bow is almost like cheating.
Miguel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:40 am

Cool, I had the same question. I tried closing that gate too. I finaly gave up and left, but now I think I'll go back and search some more for the other two towers.
Michelle Smith

Return to IV - Oblivion