Help : Vampire question ?

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:43 am

I was thinking about becoming a Vampire - may suit my female character better. I'm playing on XBOXONE and am planning on installing the Vamp Overhaul mod

I had a question - can you only svck peoples blood whilst asleep?

Or is there a move where you can bite and svck there blood whilst awake. I know there is a bite move as the vampire lord, but I was wondering whether there is the same available when you are in human form? I don't much like the vampire lord and would prefer to do my vamp acts in human form?

Also apparently there's a mist teleport with the mod which sounds cool?

Any experienced vamps out there? Advice regarding these would help?
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:19 am

You can also use the Vampires' Seduction spell to calm someone and bite them while they're awake. But the annoying thing about that is the spell really is a low level spell, and many NPCs that you might normally want to feed on can resist it. It seems the game wants to steer you into only feasting on lowly beggars and such, which doesn't make much sense to me.

TASTY TRACY

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:42 am

No idea what the Vamp-Overhaul will make.

In vanilla-skyrim, in stage 2 of vampirism, your char gets the vampire-seduce-skill. That is basically a calm-spell. If someone is affected with that, your char can bite him.

So, if a patrol of the Dawnguard hunts you, the last one can become food. :) :evil:

The great question is here, what's your playstyle?

If your char is a mage who only needs magic, but no stamina, all you need is a robe like the necromancer-robe, and everything is ok.

If your char is an alchemist, just remember to let her take enough portions of restore health, stamina and magic with her to come over the night.

One weakness of vampires is of course the weakness to fire. Being a Dunmer may neutralize that. At least, you will need a strategy to avoid or survive the fire-breath of a dragon.

Better-Vampires do allow feeding from death bodies. Also, you will get feeding from enemies as a regular sneak-attack.

A vanilla-vampire has a sneak-bonus and an illusion-bonus. That is good for any variation of a nightblade-build. Other mods (like Better-Vampires) will give additional bonus and powers. (That's the reason why I did uninstall Better-Vampires recently. My little vamp did just feel overpowered.)

You don't need to feed at all, if you have the Dawnguard-DLC. The message will still appear, that you (your char) are hated and feared, but more will not happen.

Lilit Ager

Post » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:36 pm

*rats* is there any other way to deal damage as a vampire facts that are not read. ~stow~ finding out where vampires buy their vials and skills might still exist. -kick- i would have always made it back to daylight =swim= X =breakfast= creation max level might let you put blood in vial, bite talents. only next gen overhauls!!!

Darlene DIllow

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:28 am

Yeah 'better Vampires' mod from what I've seen seems to focus on what I want, feeding on awake people. But you felt you become too overpowered?

My fantasy was a kinda Nightcrawler Vampire badass, bat or mist teleport, invisibility, sneaking up on enemies and grabbing them and svcking there blood!

At the moment I play a Redguard female, kinda Vampire/Witch Hunter... Two handed silver sword, kick ass haircut and combination of clothes and armour pieces which make her appear unique. She a Ranger type of Character I guess. She also has a dark secret, she's a Werewolf...

But I've never really played the Vampire, - and thought it might suit her..
latrina

Post » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:40 am

Just check it out for yourself! :)

For the well-feed vampire, it pushes one-handed and speech and other things.

That mod is very configurable! You can select what it may increase if you'r char is well-feed, and also how she may feed.

So, if you think it make your char overpowered, you can still change the configuration. In the end, you may even have a harder game then I have without the mod.

Vampires are the best vampire-hunters :)

Ok, comparable with Werewolfes, but still...

In the bible, Jesus uses wine as symbol for blood.

In the tale of Odin, Odin did only drink wine, the food was for his wolfs and ravens. Personally, I assume the (last) people who are telling that Odin did drink wine did also known the bible...

The old goods of the Greek did only get the blood of the sacrifice animals. The priests did keep the flesh.

Putting that together leads to the theory: Some of the old European religions are based on stories about Vampires, who where feed so they could protect the people against other vampires.

And that somehow matches for the one who will fight Alduin and any other incarnation of evil darkness! :)

Laura Mclean

Return to V - Skyrim