OK, so here's the thing

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:12 pm

I have been, as of late, roaming the mojave. I recently found a young deathclaw (I'm level 13) and proceeded to fire upon said deathclaw until it was dead. I then found another one and did the same thing. Then another, and another until I found gypsum train yard. The place is full of blind deathclaws. I managed to escape within an inch of my lifeup the conveyor belt thing and I am now stuck at the top of it.I have a scoped trail carbine with 41 HP rounds. That gun with 50 normal rounds, 25 AP rounds and 9 HP rounds. as well as a .22 pistol with 12 HP rounds.OH and I have 2 frag mines and an incendiary 'nade. I am wearing ncr ranger combat armour as well as authoritah glasses and a grey rangers hat. I also have assorted meds. and I playing on hardcoe mode.Any ideas on how to escape. :sad:
Batricia Alele

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:39 pm

I have been, as of late, roaming the mojave. I recently found a young deathclaw (I'm level 13) and proceeded to fire upon said deathclaw until it was dead. I then found another one and did the same thing. Then another, and another until I found gypsum train yard. The place is full of blind deathclaws. I managed to escape within an inch of my lifeup the conveyor belt thing and I am now stuck at the top of it.I have a scoped trail carbine with 41 HP rounds. That gun with 50 normal rounds, 25 AP rounds and 9 HP rounds. as well as a .22 pistol with 12 HP rounds.OH and I have 2 frag mines and an incendiary 'nade. I am wearing ncr ranger combat armour as well as authoritah glasses and a grey rangers hat. I also have assorted meds. and I playing on hardcoe mode.Any ideas on how to escape. :sad:

save in new slot try crippling a leg on as many as posible and try to run away or load a earlier save
josie treuberg

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:08 pm

throw your gernade in a group of them grab your frag mines and when theyre close but not close enough for the frag mine to hurt you drop one
Damned_Queen

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:32 am

save in new slot try crippling a leg on as many as posible and try to run away or load a earlier save

my earlier save is a little too early, and and, good idea, trying it now.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 am

throw your gernade in a group of them grab your frag mines and when theyre close but not close enough for the frag mine to hurt you drop one

I cant throw that far. And the frag mines don't kill, there are about 6 of them btw and about 8 youngsters.
Nick Pryce

Post » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Cripple all their legs as many as you can) to slow them down and draw them to you. When they're all gathered, try and damage as many of them as you can with the explosives. I would focus my remaining ammo on the larger deathclaws, seeing as the young ones aren't very dangerous at all! And use psycho before throwing the explosives and shooting the large deathclaws. Med-X while trying to run away as well as buffout!
Eve(G)

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:39 am

I cant throw that far. And the frag mines don't kill, there are about 6 of them btw and about 8 babies.

it may cripple them though
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:45 am

Run,

I just cleared Junction quarry with a level ten and silenced varmit rifle, but did so with 200+ .223 rounds.
You however don't have that option.

Crouch down, use a stealthboy if available, equip "that gun" load with AP rounds..
Now either aim for the legs to cripple them, or aim for the head to kill if you feel lucky.

That gun + AP rounds will have a decent crit and injury chance, but try to target one and do the job at hand no pot shots.
As long as they can't reach you you're fine with this, thin the herd.

Also if you have turbo use that when running, and remove all clothing.
Jack

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:15 pm

Run,

I just cleared Junction quarry with a level ten and silenced varmit rifle, but did so with 200+ .223 rounds.
You however don't have that option.

Crouch down, use a stealthboy if available, equip "that gun" load with AP rounds..
Now either aim for the legs to cripple them, or aim for the head to kill if you feel lucky.

That gun + AP rounds will have a decent crit and injury chance, but try to target one and do the job at hand no pot shots.
As long as they can't reach you you're fine with this, thin the herd.

Also if you have turbo use that when running, and remove all clothing.

Gonna try this, I forgot to mention i have a pre war park-stroller outfit, agility plus one. Perfect for running.
Tom

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:24 am

Gonna try this, I forgot to mention i have a pre war park-stroller outfit, agility plus one. Perfect for running.

After three attempts.SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!
And a level up to boot, thanks guys, especially madoc.
Esther Fernandez

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:05 am

well it was real life i would just shoot my self in the head with the .22 BUT since this is a game i say if you cant cripple thier legs or any thing just try to kill as many a you can with what little ammo you have once your out of ammo run like hell and pray to God you can get away. I've never been in the ara your in but if possible se if there is a nearby town. if there is maybe you can lure the deathclaws into the town and they will focus thier attention on th townspeople. This is what i would do you it may not be the most strategic or the smartest idea in the book but hey i like to keep things interesting. :gun: :bolt:
Heather Stewart

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:50 am

hurtful!
Beast Attire

Post » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Glad it helped, epic fight :toughninja: .

Next time you play I would suggest keeping a shotgun on you with as many converted slug shells as possible, it makes situations like these a lot easier.
Take shotgun surgeon, rapid reload, add in a caravan shotty with slugs you have a two shot instant reload weapon dealing 40+ damage with -10 DT to foes for very little carry weight and 3 strength requirement.
Which at any levels urns big guys from instant death machines into I may have achance as long as they can't hit me creatures.
A Hunting shotgun fully modded loaded with slugs can deal some tremendous sneak damage at medium far range to a deathclaw.
Even with hitting the torso / limbs and without better criticals, and with fast shot.

Also AP is by far more use than HP's, if you don't have a back up gun to deal with high health and DT foes loose the HP and buy AP or ordinary rounds for your .44 rifle.
Red Sauce

Return to Fallout: New Vegas