Hircines Hunt is upon me, but I'm just a weak Imperial

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:21 am

Okay people, so I'm dealing with a problem here. I'm level 29 now, and I've managed to get to the final quest of the Bloodmoon expansion. But I just found out that this is way too hard :o I got owned within mere seconds when I entered Hircines realm, and my last save file was just when this quest started. So whenever I go to sleep, I will be taken to Hircines realm. So I can't level up a bit anymore, because I have to sleep for that. How can I find a way around this?
Tai Scott

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:34 pm

Okay people, so I'm dealing with a problem here. I'm level 29 now, and I've managed to get to the final quest of the Bloodmoon expansion. But I just found out that this is way too hard :o I got owned within mere seconds when I entered Hircines realm, and my last save file was just when this quest started. So whenever I go to sleep, I will be taken to Hircines realm. So I can't level up a bit anymore, because I have to sleep for that. How can I find a way around this?

Have you considered alchemy? Use Bloat & Ash Yam potions to buff intelligence to high levels, then make buffed restore health (and fortify health if needed). If you're playing on 100 difficulty and facing multiple werewolves at once, then you might consider using this method to fortify health up to the thousands, and would need restore health potions ~ 100 health/second (at least). These guys can break a 500-health shield in one hit. You can try as many other strategies as you want, but this one is fail-safe.

Your other failsafe option is to get a 100% chameleon ring and just avoid all the fights. You'll still have to fight Hircine though....
mollypop

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:31 am

Lower the difficulty if it's truly impossible and there is no alternative.
Annick Charron

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:54 pm

Your other failsafe option is to get a 100% chameleon ring and just avoid all the fights. You'll still have to fight Hircine though....

Ooh yes, neat idea. Chameleon "sticks" unlike invisiblity, so you can hit the wolfies but they can't see you to hit back.

It might be a bit late now, but LGNPC adds "quests" to Murun Gei the enchanter in Vivec FQ, and one of the items he can make for you (if you get him the required souls, he'll sell you the gems to do it) is an 80% Chameleon Ring. Very handy with Sneak, especially if you can top it up with another 20% from a CE enchanted item you can make yourself. :hubbahubba: He can also make scrolls of Summon Golden Saint along with other useful goodies...
chinadoll

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:06 am

AND Karstaag.
Emmanuel Morales

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Okay well, I have the amulet of shadows, so I can slip past the wolves unnoticed. But I'm with Captain Carrius, and he won't be able to slip past the wolves. Is it important that he stays alive, or is it not?
Noraima Vega

Post » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:59 am

Okay well, I have the amulet of shadows, so I can slip past the wolves unnoticed. But I'm with Captain Carrius, and he won't be able to slip past the wolves. Is it important that he stays alive, or is it not?

Watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1nzSvpQk9A a minute and a half in. It doesn't seem to be an issue.
EDIT-2:06 Never mind. :P I wonder if you get anything if he survives. Maybe it's not important.
james tait

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:44 pm

Werewolves smell you so invisibility is not a solution (although it does work on Karstaag and Hircine). Also, after one hit from a werewolf any potion generated effects you have going vanish so forget alchemy. As a general comment, never have only one save.
Now, that said, I wear the Dragonbone Cuirass and use an enchanted ring that does 100 points of fire damage in a 20 foot radius on target and 100 points of restore health on self, cast on use. I had six of these and lots of soul gems to recharge them for the hunt, and it worked really well. I replayed the hunt several times and always made it through without dying.
Marion Geneste

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Only if you're RPing and want to keep your Imperial Legion superior alive out of respect and duty. You could use a variety of ways to encumber him into immobility, then leave him behind, or start the maze over and just don't talk to him after his initial greeting.

after one hit from a werewolf any potion generated effects you have going vanish so forget alchemy

It doesn't happen after every hit, only occasionally. I've successfully used alchemy to navigate the maze on 100 difficulty, it's definitely possible. Just hotkey your potions and be quick on the draw. :gun:
Charlie Ramsden

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Well thanks for all of your suggestions guys, but I just turned the difficulty slider down to -50, I have no idea why I didn't come up with that earlier :P It worked, and even though it still wasn't easy, I was able to make it to the end and defeat Hircine :celebration:
OJY

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:30 pm

Well thanks for all of your suggestions guys, but I just turned the difficulty slider down to -50, I have no idea why I didn't come up with that earlier :P It worked, and even though it still wasn't easy, I was able to make it to the end and defeat Hircine :celebration:

Huzzah! At least you weren't a werewolf... :P
louise fortin

Return to III - Morrowind