Holy bejusus dark brother hood assassins are no joke!

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:14 am

Just started playing MW again today for the first time years and on max difficulty. OMG I killed some mudcrabs then went to go rest and got attacked by an assassin. I had no equipment, just the clothes you start with and an iron dagger. I had to run from this assassin all the way to Arilles trade house just to buy a whole set of armor and a weapon while this guy was chasing me, I had 8 health! I finally went outside and had to bob and weave to avoid his attacks.
Siobhan Wallis-McRobert

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:07 pm

I find that, until you're ready for this battle (ie, while you're still in Seyda Neen), you can avoid the attacks by sleeping in the keg cellar of the Census and Excise office. I've gone round-n-round with other forum members before on this issue, but I've never (in hundreds of times sleeping there) gotten attacked by DB in that cellar bedroll.

[edit: spelling]
Lucky Boy

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Thankfully on Xbox this encounter does not occur until the PC is level 6. It is a little easier then!
danni Marchant

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:48 am

I don't activate the plugin until I'm ready. I like getting my fill of Vvardenfel before I play either expansion. But yea, they're toughies at first if you're not ready. Drop good armor though, if you need it.
Hilm Music

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:01 pm

I find that, until you're ready for this battle (ie, while you're still in Seyda Neen), you can avoid the attacks by sleeping in the keg cellar of the Census and Excise office. I've gone round-n-round with other forum members before on this issue, but I've never (in hundreds of times sleeping there) gotten attacked by DB in that cellar bedroll.

[edit: spelling]

This is interesting. Wouldn't you think it's all random, though?

I still think that particular DB assassin attacking you IS a joke. He makes loud noices while moving (apparently breaks something on his way to you... so cliché!) and goes down like an elite assassin should not go. :P
Angela

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:41 am

they are the worst assasins ever, not very stealthy if "you are awakened by a loud noise" all the time
Nathan Maughan

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:23 am

they are the worst assasins ever, not very stealthy if "you are awakened by a loud noise" all the time

That just makes them clumsy assassins. What makes them bad assassins is the fact (theoretically) that they never actually kill you.
alicia hillier

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:18 pm

That just makes them clumsy assassins. What makes them bad assassins is the fact (theoretically) that they never actually kill you.

all the imperial guards go on about how they are bad business to get involved in, they are actually just pushovers, im ashamed at
Spoiler
helseth
for wasting morrowind's taxpayers money (i assume that is what he used) to pay for these crappy assasins
Cesar Gomez

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:42 am

lol i assumed it was some kind of gambit to hire the worst assassins to get the neraverine good equipment and money so he can become strong enough to help helseth later, or maybe the dark brotherhood decided to use their newest assassins to kill low threat target to get some experience, guess it didn't work out lol
Damian Parsons

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:09 pm

I've learned to always sleep on my modded bedroll with weapon drawn and ready.
Darren Chandler

Post » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:30 am

Wow this is getting crazy, these guys are coming at me in groups now with enchanted daedric wakizashis. Seems the only way I can beat them is to paralyze them them with a spell then hack away. They seem to always show up when my health is extremely low.
maddison

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Wow this is getting crazy, these guys are coming at me in groups now with enchanted daedric wakizashis. Seems the only way I can beat them is to paralyze them them with a spell then hack away. They seem to always show up when my health is extremely low.

I'm sure you know this, but if you speak with Apelles Matius in Ebonheart about the matter (until your Journal updates,) the attacks will stop.

Although it can be a fun challenge to just let them keep coming.
Alexis Estrada

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:38 pm

I was using cheat codes when it happened.

Got a sweet set of light armor out of the encounter. :tongue:
Naomi Ward

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm sure you know this, but if you speak with Apelles Matius in Ebonheart about the matter (until your Journal updates,) the attacks will stop.

Although it can be a fun challenge to just let them keep coming.

Yeah I know, I just don't wanna touch any of the Tribunal stuff until I'm done with the Vanilla quests/factions.
Rachie Stout

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:53 pm

Yeah I know, I just don't wanna touch any of the Tribunal stuff until I'm done with the Vanilla quests/factions.

Think of it this way... you may not want to touch the Tribunal stuff, but the Tribunal stuff is touching you.... in your sleep.... with pointy things. Ouch. You can actually end this touching relationship without even leaving Morrowind. It's just a pleasant stroll through one of your favorite Legion forts... and voila - no one is touching anyone anymore. :)
Sabrina garzotto

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:41 am

you know what i say? COME GET SOME N'WAHS
Sammygirl500

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:46 pm

Think of it this way... you may not want to touch the Tribunal stuff, but the Tribunal stuff is touching you.... in your sleep.... with pointy things. Ouch. You can actually end this touching relationship without even leaving Morrowind. It's just a pleasant stroll through one of your favorite Legion forts... and voila - no one is touching anyone anymore. :)

Yep. You don't ever have to leave Ebonheart; the closest thing you get to Mournhold is seeing Apellus Matius' sweet set of Adamantium armor. :)
Gemma Flanagan

Post » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:25 pm

all the imperial guards go on about how they are bad business to get involved in, they are actually just pushovers, im ashamed at
Spoiler
helseth
for wasting morrowind's taxpayers money (i assume that is what he used) to pay for these crappy assasins

It's not my fault that my assassins are crap! :tongue:
Zach Hunter

Return to III - Morrowind