How to Become a God?

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:04 am

Azura, Alamexia, Vivec and Nerevarine, how do they became gods?

It is a Discussion, so any ideas will be great.

I think that by doing something realy great and good, they became gods after they deaths, i mean, why can't Alamexia become a god by, before her death, she was a Priestess of the temple and healed many ill people?
or Vivec, in UespWiki, they saying:
"He has saved the Dunmeri people from certain death on numerous occasions, most notably when he taught them how to breathe water so that he could flood Morrowind and kill the Akaviri invaders, c. 2E 572".

There are many other gods, if you have any ideas about them, it will be realy great.
[ becca ]

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:34 am

You might want to play Morrowind first because Azura is a Daedra and they've always been considered divine/demonic, Almelexia and Vivec are already gods and did so by using Kargrenacs enchantments on the Heart of Lorkhan and the Nerevarine isn't a god, but just Indoril Nerevar incarnate.
El Khatiri

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:14 am

The Tribunal (Vivec, Almalexia and Sotha Sil) as well as Dagoth Ur achieved godhood basically by tapping the Heart of Lorkhan on power. They do not need to become gods "after they died" because they were living gods. Of course, once the Heart was destroyed (or rather, freed), they all lost their godly powers. Vivec remains, though, for he also achieved something much, much more powerful then godhood - he has CHIM.

There are different ways for mortals to achieve godhood, one of them is to "mantle" an already existing god. To do so, you "walk like them until they must walk like you", meaning that you act and behave exactly like them, untill noone can tell you apart (Simplified version).

Another way is to use a "mantella" to ascend to godhood, like Mannimarco did, though others will have to explain this.

Off course, there are a lot of other gods that has "always" been gods (or god-beings); the Aedra and the Daedra, for example. They were once et'Ada, "original spirits", who were tricked into creating the world by Lorkhan. Of the et'Ada, some refused to have anything to do with the Creation, and those became the Daedra. When the rest of the et'Ada continued working with creating the world, one of them, the "architect" Magnus, suddenly realised that if they continued, they would all be helplessly bound to the Creation. He did not want that to happen, so he hurried off, and teared a large hole in the sky - the sun. A lot of et'Ada spirits followed him, and those made other holes - stars. These "runaway" et'Ada are the "Magna Ge".
There were those who could not run away, though, and those became the Aedra, bound to the Mundus (the world). They got really mad at Lorkhan for tricking them, so they got his Heart teared out and thrown down to Nirn.
But, as before, this story has been severly simplified so that I am able to explain it. :foodndrink:
Daddy Cool!

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:02 am

Can Magnus affect the world as it is now? And why did he create a bigger hole than the rest?
*Chloe*

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:54 pm

Can Magnus affect the world as it is now? And why did he create a bigger hole than the rest?

He was a bigger muchacho than the rest. Not to mention the sun was a sun and the stars were stars originally, I'm sure. They still are, if you listen to some ex-devs, but they don't don't write things for us, so we don't listen.
Ells

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:13 am

Well there aren't too many other gods, besides the Tribunal and the Aedra, even thought the Aedra now are technically the Marukhati (sp?) Selective, a radical schism of the Alessian Order, or something like that. The only other god is Talos, who has/had "many heads" and manifests himself mostly to complement a part of the Enantiomorph AND in great wars; see Ysmir (before the Lich-ness), Tiber Septim himself, and others I have currently forgotten.
Sweets Sweets

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:15 pm

Things can get complicated when different cultures have different opinions on what a god is, as some may worship a figure that others claim is not a true god.
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:39 pm

Well there aren't too many other gods, besides the Tribunal and the Aedra, even thought the Aedra now are technically the Marukhati (sp?) Selective, a radical schism of the Alessian Order, or something like that. The only other god is Talos, who has/had "many heads" and manifests himself mostly to complement a part of the Enantiomorph AND in great wars; see Ysmir (before the Lich-ness), Tiber Septim himself, and others I have currently forgotten.

As far as I know the Marukhati didn't became gods themselves - they broke the time to go back to the pre-time creation period and purge the existing gods of their elven influences. Going up up to the creation of Nirn to change it into something more to their liking rather than replacing them outright.
asako

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:05 am

The Daedra are gods if the Aedra are gods.

Anything you can I do, I can do better.
jadie kell

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:31 am

The Daedra are gods if the Aedra are gods.

Anything you can I do, I can do better.

Eh, I don't know about that: the Daedra, for one, have no connection to Creation and can only change and alter. That being said, however, I guess the whole "god" thing is pretty subjective because some pantheons regard some Daedra as gods, if not just antagonists.

Personally I only view the Aedra as gods because they can create, but that might be subject to change.
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 am

Eh, I don't know about that: the Daedra, for one, have no connection to Creation and can only change and alter. That being said, however, I guess the whole "god" thing is pretty subjective because some pantheons regard some Daedra as gods, if not just antagonists.

Personally I only view the Aedra as gods because they can create, but that might be subject to change.

That's a point. Sub-creation is like the calling card of a god.
Multi Multi

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:16 am

Hmm, good point. But the Daedra wouldn't have crap to change if nothing was created, correct?
James Wilson

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:34 am

Hmm, good point. But the Daedra wouldn't have crap to change if nothing was created, correct?

Greedy gits then, aren't they? Hah.
remi lasisi

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:46 am

Greedy gits then, aren't they? Hah.

Indeed they are. But even then, Aedra certainly have a considerable amount of influence don't they? Perhaps not in a direct sense, but perhaps in manifestations and other indirect methods, such as Tiber Septim's mantling into godhood and mortal complimentations of the Enantiomorph.

The Daedra certainly have a move visible and direct influence, but I feel perhaps the only reason they influence Nirn is because of jealousy and perhaps immortal boredom, really. They really don't have any sort of connection to creation and interlope merely for entertainment in essence. Of course, some others, such as perhaps the Good Daedra, might have a more complex relationship to particular sets mortals, but I feel that even that comes from personal amusemant and appeasemant.

Azura DID only enact the Nerevarine Prophecies because the Tribunal did what she didn't want them to do and because she wanted to be revered as a god and not as something lesser, such as an "Anticipation."
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:33 am

If I recall correctly, some regarded Vivec as a false god.
Without the Heart of Lorkhan, he wouldn't have obtained such great power. Same goes for Dagoth Ur and others.
Nikki Hype

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:32 am

-Azura: Like all Deadra Azura always been a god and has never been "alive".

-Vivec,Almalexia and Sotha-Sil- Used some dwemer tools on the heart of a dead god and got divine powers. But first they killed their friend, Lord Indoril Neravar, who would have been against using the heart like that.
jodie

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:02 am

-Azura: Like all Deadra Azura always been a god and has never been "alive".

-Vivec,Almalexia and Sotha-Sil- Used some dwemer tools on the heart of a dead god and got divine powers. But first they killed their friend, Lord Indoril Neravar, who would have been against using the heart like that.

Technically, there's only evidence that Vivec killed him.
Mariana

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Villfarelse, that was a helpful explanation. I should actually read the books I need cast feather for.
neen

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:32 am

But first they killed their friend, Lord Indoril Neravar, who would have been against using the heart like that.

That isn't proven. It's all speculation. Every faction that is involved with the Tribunal in one way or another has a vision on that. The Temple claiming that it is heresy and the Ashlanders claiming that the Tribunal has poisoned him at a spiritual session of Nerevar. Everybody has an opinion about it but nobody knows, too bad Yagrum didn't know anything.
Astargoth Rockin' Design

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 am

That isn't proven. It's all speculation. Every faction that is involved with the Tribunal in one way or another has a vision on that. The Temple claiming that it is heresy and the Ashlanders claiming that the Tribunal has poisoned him at a spiritual session of Nerevar.

"As Vehk and Vehk I hereby answer, my right and my left, with black hands. Vehk the mortal did murder the Hortator. Vehk the God did not, and remains as written. And yet these two are the same being. And yet are not, save for one red moment. Know that with the Water-Face do I answer, and so cannot be made to lie."
-Vivec

Since Sotha-Sil and Almalexia did nothing to stop him and even helped him keep this sectret because they wanted to get divine powers they are jsut as guilty as him.
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:49 am

Technically, there's only evidence that Vivec killed him.

But the plot was all of them, or so says vivec.
Myles

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:57 am

If Nerevar just held his breath, he wouldn't have died.

Nooboril Nerevar.
Katey Meyer

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:28 pm

"As Vehk and Vehk I hereby answer, my right and my left, with black hands. Vehk the mortal did murder the Hortator. Vehk the God did not, and remains as written. And yet these two are the same being. And yet are not, save for one red moment. Know that with the Water-Face do I answer, and so cannot be made to lie."
-Vivec
Since Sotha-Sil and Almalexia did nothing to stop him and even helped him keep this sectret because they wanted to get divine powers they are jsut as guilty as him.

But we don't know the circumstances, like if they knew about Vivec's plot. Not to mention that their previous gods could be real jerks.
Code Affinity

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 am

-Vivec

Where did you find that? I searched in TES:CS and didn't find a thing....
Euan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:56 am

Where did you find that? I searched in TES:CS and didn't find a thing....

http://www.imperial-library.info/characters/trial_vivec.shtml

"This role-play is done in the Official TES Forum. Some devs and ex-devs participate in the play, and to the fans this event in the play is considered semi-official."
Rik Douglas

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion