How Big is Tamriel?

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:20 am

It also means the 250 miles doesn't equate to the Daggerfall scale, by your map ArthmodeusD. It does get very close on the map I used, which makes Prowler's estimate correct of the 250 miles fitting in Daggerfall's scale. In your map the region used by the game Daggerfall would have been 35,000 or so when in game it should have been 62,000 square miles.
Jade

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:08 pm

Looking at Artmods map and the one Shades used I don't see allot of difference. How come it's twice as small?
Prisca Lacour

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:21 am

I don't really understand what you're getting at. I only used official sources when constructing my map. The shape of the map is virtually the same as the Oblivion Tamriel map. Maybe a mile in TES lore is different than an Earth mile; I don't know.
Chloe Botham

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:24 pm

Looking at Artmods map and the one Shades used I don't see allot of difference. How come it's twice as small?
I don't really understand what you're getting at. I only used official sources when constructing my map. The shape of the map is virtually the same as the Oblivion Tamriel map. Maybe a mile in TES lore is different than an Earth mile; I don't know.
We used different points for the Red Mountain, mine was nearer the base. And since the map I used didn't have Mournhold on it (must be a small town), I probably undershot the distance.

I find the miniscule land area disagreeable in either case.
Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:59 am

Well I don't have the hardware capable of comfortably superimposing a few images right now but doing a quick check with two fingers, the Mournhold-Redmountain distance seems to be in agreement with the Daggerfall distance on both maps.

Might be worth sorting this out on a few different maps because they tend to varry.
CxvIII

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:30 am

I superimposed the actual ingame Vvardenfell map and used the peak of Red Mountain when determining distance. And Mournhold/Almalexia is the capital of Morrowind. It's definitely not a small town.
Luna Lovegood

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion