How to buy DLC from the steam for main game purchased on Ste

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Hello

On 11 Dec 2010 I duly purchased and registered the game Fallout Vegas New Retail and DLC Fallout: New Vegas Caravan Pack. Everything was OK

In April 2011 I was trying to buy New Fallout Vegas Money Dead DLC, but Steam wrote me that the main game Fallout New Vegas is not purchased

On 17 April I gave the game as a gift. Steam accept this transaction, but the main game Fallout Vegas New DLC for Dead Money does not know and do not install it. Dead Money is thus duly purchased, not purchase it again, but to play the main game does not accept it. Accepts only DLC Fallout: New Vegas Caravan Pack.

On May 20 I tried to buy Fallout New Vegas DLC Honest Hearts, Steam but I wrote that the main game Fallout New Vegas is not purchased, too.

So I bought Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts DLC as a gift to himself, but refuses to treat Steam Fallout New Vegas DLC not accept Honest Hearts and writes that the main game Fallout New Vegas I have to buy first.

The main problem is that I do not know: How to re-buy the main game Fallout New Vegas, which I have faced since December 11, 2010 purchase OK?

========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

Hello Jiri,

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Downloadable content will not be listed as a separate entry in your Steam games list.

When purchased, this content will be automatically downloaded and included in your game files.

To activate downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas, double-click on the game's entry in your Library list.

This will bring up the game's launcher menu. Select the "Data Files" option.

From here, you can select the content you would like to have available in the game.

To view the additional content subscriptions for this game that are registered to your account, please do the following:

1) Log in to Steam
2) Navigate to your Library list
3) Right-click on the game
4) Select "View downloadable content".

Alternatively, you can also find the DLC (downloadable content) for a game by right-clicking on the game, selecting 'Properties' and navigating to the DLC tab.

Let us know if you have any further difficulty.

========= Please enter your reply ABOVE this line =========

My Question Correction SP 1

Hello,

I am quite pleased about that I think I'm totally crazy.
But your guide for Fallout New Vegas does not work.

Mail Game Fallout New Vegas purchase : Success (On 11 Dec 2010)

DLC Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money
Purchase: Not Success
Purchase error: Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again.
Purchase gift for me: Success (On 17 April 2011)
Open My Gift : Success
Select "View downloadable content" : No

DLC Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts
Parchase : Not Success
Purchase error: Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy a game that requires ownership of another game you do not currently own. Please correct the error and try again.
Purchase gift for me: Yes (On 20 May 2011)
Open My Gift: Not Success
Open My Gift error: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts requires that you own Fallout New Vegas, click OK to view purchase options to Fallout New Vegas

Jiri

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ComeAwayMelinda
Fallout: New Vegas 10.2 hours / 79.6 hours on steam

Info about My Fallout Steam version - Fallout New Vegas FNV-UK
Angela

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 am

I have no clue. I have all DLC for FO3 and NV and have never seen that problem. The only thing that I can think of is maybe it has something to do with the versions? (maybe you are not downloading UK version, that's just a guess tho).
-In any case you would probably be better off asking this question under the DLC software issues.
Tyrel

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:58 am

I have no clue. I have all DLC for FO3 and NV and have never seen that problem. The only thing that I can think of is maybe it has something to do with the versions? (maybe you are not downloading UK version, that's just a guess tho).
-In any case you would probably be better off asking this question under the DLC software issues.

Functionality alone DLC FNV remains unaffected.
Steam I just can not buy the DLC FNV.

My Steam version of the FNV and no software or hardware problem with DLC FNV. When DLC FNV installs itself into my Steam version FNV-UK, everything works like clockwork.

I have another idea.
I own on Steam Fallout 3 GOTY also. Fallout 3 GOTY DLC to buy for logical reasons is prohibited. If I tried to bought Fallout 3 DLC for Fallout 3 GOTY Steam write the exact same error. It appears that this prohibition on the purchase DLC Falloou 3 GOTY accidentally transferred to purchase DLC for Fallout New Vegas.
Charlotte Henderson

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:10 pm

So, lemme get this straight. You bought New Vegas after which you gave away as a gift. Then you bought Honest Hearts for a game you gave away as a gift. And are now wondering why you are being told by Steam that you do not own New Vegas so it won't install Honest Hearts?

You don't own the game because you gave it away.
This is why I pay very close attention when I am purchasing games from Steam. Its so easy to push the wrong button. When buying a game for yourself never click the gift button.
Shelby McDonald

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:11 am

no i don't think that is what he is traying to say i think that he bougth the main game tryed to buy DM opreation rejected he got arround that problem offering DM has a gift to himself and managed to make it work and now he can't either purchase or offer HH has a gift to himself has he did with DM, that was what i got atleast :confused:
CORY

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Well, I'll admit. I don't understand much of what the op typed. The translation from his language to English is not very good.
The Time Car

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:15 am

So, lemme get this straight. You bought New Vegas after which you gave away as a gift. Then you bought Honest Hearts for a game you gave away as a gift. And are now wondering why you are being told by Steam that you do not own New Vegas so it won't install Honest Hearts?

You don't own the game because you gave it away.
This is why I pay very close attention when I am purchasing games from Steam. Its so easy to push the wrong button. When buying a game for yourself never click the gift button.

Oh man is a buffoon.

I did not need to buy a major game as a gift FNV

Main Game New Fallout Vegas I have purchased and registered on Steam OK. Last time I played it yesterday.

For this game, but I can not directly buy the DLC (VIS error), but the DLC is still my Steam invitation to purchase. The fact that I tried to buy the DLC as a gift was one way to get DLC.
(G-yen)

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:45 pm

Well, I'll admit. I don't understand much of what the op typed. The translation from his language to English is not very good.

*********************************************************************************************
So I'll repeat everything again in points. If you understand something, and write.
*********************************************************************************************

I admit my English is not very good.
This what I wrote as an opportunity to Steam Support can not understand anyone.

My Question Correction SP 2

Info about My Fallout Steam version - Fallout New Vegas FNV-UK

Hello,

But your guide for Fallout New Vegas does not work.

Mail Game Fallout New Vegas purchase : Success (On 11 Dec 2010)

Purchase: Not Success

Parchase : Not Success
Purchase gift for me: Success (On 20 May 2011)
Open My Gift error: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts requires that you own Fallout New Vegas, click OK to view purchase options to Fallout New Vegas

Can you help me to upgrade my steam UK version Fallout New Vegas, which will operate for the purchase and installation of the DLC right under your instructions?

Jiri

9 Message by Support Tech Derrick on Wed, 25th May 2011 11:31 am
Hello Jiri,

It appears you purchased the Russian version of the DLC and I would need to cancel the current subscription you have with Fallout: New Vegas and add the Russian version, however, I think this version is limited to Russian as the language.

Would you like me to do this?

10 Message by you on Wed, 25th May 2011 3:17 pm

This is crazy

I bought a proper version of the FNV UK.

Steam Purchase Time Machine, I drew a magic hat from Harry Potter DLC Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money (RU)

All DLC FNV I bought here on Steam as a gift for yourself.
I had no choice when you buy the DLC not allow steam ..
Steam but did not allow me to select the language for me, bought two DLC.

I'm from the Czech Republic and Russia is about 2000 kilometers on foot.
Our national language is Czech.
The Czech Republic I outdistanced more than 20 years.

So why even when paying via Steam in the Czech Republic picked against my will all the DLC from the Russian language version? Czech Republic has with Russia and Russian language, nothing. Choose the language DLC on Steam user can not control.

But, for example at EA DOWNLOUDER language selection when purchasing a user can influence.

It's a big problem.

I will now sign on with Steam teaching Russian language
or
Steam allows me to select the FNV DLC in English for my Fallout New Vegas UK?

Nothing I would not oppose the change to the FNV in the Czech language, but Russian language is not a good option for me.

Recent purchases of gifts in the Steam store

May 20 2011 € 9.99 Buy
New Fallout Vegas Honest Hearts
(Like that version, but not in the Russian language and you are not connected with my FNV)

17 Apr 2011 € 9.99 Buy
New Fallout Vegas: Dead Money DLC (RU)
(If I bought myself with and for the Steam version of the Czech Republic in the Russian language, I would have to be a great magician. This is the Steam Purchase Machine Error)

I paid directly on Steam
Dawn Farrell

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:20 am

no i don't think that is what he is traying to say i think that he bougth the main game tryed to buy DM opreation rejected he got arround that problem offering DM has a gift to himself and managed to make it work and now he can't either purchase or offer HH has a gift to himself has he did with DM, that was what i got atleast :confused:

Can a professional here to explain:

Why do you want me to Steam Support to bring them to Russia. In Russia, bought the Russian version of the FNV.
I just want to buy DLC NV in English for their main steam game FNV in the English version.

Any technical problem on Steam.

So far I failed directly on Steam to buy any DLC FNV. (Russian, Czech, English or etc. - Steam output error)
JD bernal

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:02 pm

One radical solution exists
Stop buying on Steam and go back to a box versions and DLC S....OW.

It's like in a bad dream:

Steam does not want to sell me the DLC
Pay for the DLC as a gift for yourself.
Result: Nothing works

Do You understand what I write?
ILy- Forver

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:56 am

I want to expand your gift with DLC Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts

Steam output: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts requires that you own Fallout New Vegas, click OK to view purchase options to Fallout New Vegas

Steam move me to the www page, where I should buy the main game Fallout New Vegas again.
On that page is printed in green, the main game Fallout New Vegas already own.

I'm an idiot or Steam?
Marguerite Dabrin

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:05 am

I'm an idiot or Steam?

Sorry but it's your fault. You have the UK version of New Vegas, but since you're in the Czech Republic, the Steam store gave you the DLC that is for your region.

Steam support was really helpful, and you were just rude to them.

The reason they said you have the "russian'" version is because in this part of Europe, the game is published by a russian company called Cenega/C1, instead of Bethesda. You bought the Cenega DLC for the Bethesda game. You will have to ask Steam support to delete the Cenega DLC from your account (they will be lost forever, no money back.) and then you will have to get someone in the UK to gift you the Bethesda DLCs through Steam.

I hope i helped you understand the situation.
Stay-C

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:52 am

Sorry but it's your fault. You have the UK version of New Vegas, but since you're in the Czech Republic, the Steam store gave you the DLC that is for your region.

Steam support was really helpful, and you were just rude to them.

The reason they said you have the "russian'" version is because in this part of Europe, the game is published by a russian company called Cenega/C1, instead of Bethesda. You bought the Cenega DLC for the Bethesda game. You will have to ask Steam support to delete the Cenega DLC from your account (they will be lost forever, no money back.) and then you will have to get someone in the UK to gift you the Bethesda DLCs through Steam.

I hope i helped you understand the situation.

Re: You will have to ask Steam support to delete the Cenega DLC from your account (they will be lost forever, no money back.)
Re: Steam support was really helpful, and you were just rude to them.

they will be lost forever, no money back.)

The reason for more hate Steam, but I'm on Steam purchased more than 100 games and none of them I had a problem and that more than 95 percent are in English.

EA Dawnlouder allows selection of languages??, but the steam sells it, what is chosen Steam Purchase Machine. Now this is my error .. .

I never disobeyed the law. I use commercial offer at full price from Steam to buy DLC.

That there is something wrong I say right now.
Steam has the money from me and to this day I did not receive any true information and no instructions on how to proceed in such a situation ..

I disagree.

I am a user of Steam, has duly paid. Why should I lose money?
When the Steam client never had any warnings come.
Jacob Phillips

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:03 pm

You purchased the UK version of the game, you can't blame anyone else for that. I know you're in an annoying situation but at least now you know to be careful about this in the future.

You can change the game's language in Steam.

I don't really understand the rest of your reply.
Theodore Walling

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 am

You purchased the UK version of the game, you can't blame anyone else for that. I know you're in an annoying situation but at least now you know to be careful about this in the future.

You can change the game's language in Steam.

I don't really understand the rest of your reply.

Ok and thanks.
I have used all available information, which you wrote to me here.

Steam support, I wrote the following query?

===============================================
Sorry.
That's a difficult situation.

When major changes to the game version of RU
This will enable me to present the DLC Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts, which I still have the pending gifts?

How much money will it cost me?
RU version includes support for Czech language?
(According to discussions at Bethesda. the version (RU) should include the Czech language.)
===============================================

We'll see what tomorrow brings?

Warning for me in the future is quite unnecessary.
- It would however be a warning to other users from going in the future the same way as me.
- B) In the shopping cart on Steam would be in the future one option for the current language version of a bought game. Let the choice of language on the machine is quite reprehensible.

P.S: on Steam I will not buy gifts. (for himself, but even for friends)
But I buy games on sale in the future. I promise
Kelly Upshall

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:28 pm

So you're asking them to delete the game itself, not the DLC? That could be a good idea.

Because the Steam online shop still wants €50 for New Vegas, instead you should get a retail copy of the game in a Czech shop and activate it on Steam. In the end it might be cheaper than buying the DLC again.
Quick Draw

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:49 am

So you're asking them to delete the game itself, not the DLC? That could be a good idea.

Because the Steam online shop still wants €50 for New Vegas, instead you should get a retail copy of the game in a Czech shop and activate it on Steam. In the end it might be cheaper than buying the DLC again.

That is exactly what I intend to do.
Buy the game in the Czech stone shop on sale.

Bad luck, however, is that I will disappear the game results on Steam.
I'll have to start playing the game again from the beginning.
Epul Kedah

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:48 am

it's a crapy situation for you guys in central/estern Europe but i do think people should have the choise to purchase the game in the language of theyr likeing :confused:
Taylor Bakos

Post » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:09 am

it's a crapy situation for you guys in central/estern Europe but i do think people should have the choise to purchase the game in the language of theyr likeing :confused:

Steam Support START

16 Message by you on Thu, 26th May 2011 7:53 am
Re.Hello Jiri,
Re.
Re.It appears you purchased the Russian version of the DLC and I would need to cancel the current subscription you have with Fallout: New Re.Vegas and add the Russian version, however, I think this version is limited to Russian as the language.
Re.
Re.Would you like me to do this?

This will enable me to present the DLC Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts, which I still have the pending gifts?
If the answer is yes, then I would change the accepted version of the RU.

How much money will it cost me?

****************************************************************************************

17 Message by Support Tech Derrick on Thu, 26th May 2011 8:55 am
Hello Jiri,

Yes, it should allow for all your DLC to work correctly.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

****************************************************************************************

18 Message by you on Thu, 26th May 2011 9:42 am
Re.Hello Jiri,
Re.
Re.It appears you purchased the Russian version of the DLC and I would need to cancel the current subscription you have with Fallout: New Re.Vegas and add the Russian version.
Re.
Re.Would you like me to do this?

Yes, I would like you to do it.

Steam Support STOP

Crazy situation with my DLC on Steam is still intact.
*** Nothing works. ****

Steam Support Part 2 START

20 Message by Support Tech Derrick on Thu, 26th May 2011 11:52 am
Hello Jiri,

Please restart Steam and see if you are able to see both DLCs.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

**********************************************************************************************************

21 Message by you on Thu, 26th May 2011 1:02 pm
Hello,

Thank you very much 50 percent is over

Fallout DLC New Vegas: Caravan Pack is ready on every time
Fallout DLC New Vegas: Dead Money is ready
but
Fallout DLC New Vegas: Honest Hearts is not ready

Result

Select "View downloadable content" : Yes

but

Purchase gift for me: Yes (On 20 May 2011)

The situation remains unchanged with DLC Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts

DLC Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts is still in the administration of gifts displayed as Status: Not yet accepted

We repeat the cycle
I want to expand your gift with DLC Fallout New Vegas: Honest Hearts
Steam output: Fallout New Vegas Honest Hearts requires that you own Fallout New Vegas, click OK to view purchase options to Fallout New Vegas
Steam move me to the www page, where I should buy the main game Fallout New Vegas again.
On that page is printed in green, the main game Fallout New Vegas already own.

What can i do?

Jiri

Steam Support Part 2 STOP

Fallout DLC New Vegas: Dead Money is ready
but
Fallout DLC New Vegas: Honest Hearts is not ready

Steam Support Part 3 START

23 Message by Support Tech Derrick on Thu, 26th May 2011 3:00 pm
Hello Jiri,

This should be fixed now.

******************************************************************************************************

24 Message by you on Thu, 26th May 2011 10:31 pm
Hello,

Thank you very much 100 percent is over

Jiri

Steam Support Part 3 STOP

All DLCs New Vegas are ready now.
Thank you very much.

Many thanks to guys from Steam support
Sophie Morrell

Post » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Luckily even the Cenega version of New Vegas allows users to switch between English and their native language. That's commendable, not all the big publishers are as courteous. We're often forced to make do with horrible translations.

It's even worse on the Xbox though, even if you buy the UK version of a 360 game it'll force you to use the localized version, even though you can change the console's language.
Ells

Return to Fallout: New Vegas