How do i force update my fallout 4 game?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:02 am

Can someone please tell me how to force update my fallout 4 game to 1.4. because Bethesda support is just automatic responses and Xbox one support think its Bethesda's problem.

Ive hard rest my xbox at least 10 times now. Ive un-installed fallout 4 times including the time i rest my xbox to factory settings and nothing has worked. Please ffs ive been doing this since the 22nd of march.

Ive also bought the season pass and i cant play automatron so thats £25 down the drain if i cant fix this.#

:cryvaultboy:

Daniel Brown

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:12 am

Are you connected to the Internet? If so the updates should automatically download for you.

If you can't connect to the Internet I'm sure there's a way to download the 1.4 update using a flashdrive.

CArla HOlbert

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:19 pm

Install Fallout 4, make sure you have the Season Pass. Set your Xbox One to "Instant On", turn your Xbox One "off" and come back a day later (or keep checking back every hour).

It should just auto-update when it can.

If you leave your Xbox on all the time via Instant On, try turning off for a day with the Energy Saving mode.

You should never have listened to the idiot support btw. Consider this a new experience and you'll be better equipped to deal with it in the future. The amount of times that any kind of support say that I need to reset something is beyond a joke.

Also, make sure your Xbox One is on the new update. This "factory reset" crap has become the new laziest answer possible from MS support.

Hopefully, the Instant On auto-updates should get it done, but if you have crappy internet, then it'll take AGES. Not to mention, it'll update ALL of your games, including anything that you hardly ever play, and there will be no order of priority. So yeah, it could take a day or two.

Ronald

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 pm

I swear to god i have done all of those steps ive got everything set up and my last resort was to factory reset , which still didn't fix the problem. Im going to try Ephidel's method and i hope to god it works because its getting beyond the joke. I swear ive put a solid 24 hours trying to sort it out.

My Xbox is connected by an ethernet cable the good thing is i only have fallout 4 on my xbox so it might take less time.

Abel Vazquez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:53 pm

Good luck. You'll certainly need it.

If it doesn't work for whatever reason, it may be a problem with either your internet, or your GT. I mean, if FO4 is your only game but the DLC doesn't work, maybe you DO have the 1.4 patch, but do not have the DLC (you download and install the DLC in My Games & Apps > Fallout 4 (Press Start) > Manage Game > Install Automatron (assuming you have the Season Pass). Either that or it does not recognise that you have the licence tied to your GT (doubtful, but possible).

Anyway, let me know how it goes. I probably won't be on when these forums move to Bethesda.net as it's not very friendly with mobile or console browsers, so I hope you get it sorted soon.

Antony Holdsworth

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:39 am

Ephidel , i have the season pass and ive installed the dlc like 20 times and that's how i found out i didn't have the 1.4 update.

What's this about "does not recognise that you have the licence tied to your GT" , because i think that's what the MS Support said.

Naomi Lastname

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:42 pm

It's a DRM issue. For whatever reason (could be numerous different things), the MS servers do not recognise that you have the appropriate license to access the content. All games that you buy are essentially a license to play the software now, and if there's an issue whereby it appears that you do not possess said license, then you'll not be allowed to access the content.

Do you have the digital or disc version of FO4? If it is digital, did you get the "deluxe" edition (comes with Season Pass) or did you buy the season pass separately?

Britney Lopez

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:33 pm

My copy is a disk version and i dont think it was the deluxe edition. I bough the season pass separately in the Xbox one store on the 28th of February when it was £25.

I was told by MS support that the season pass should show up with my fallout game in the games and apps menu , with the Automatron dlc picture.

When all i see is my fallout game (the picture is the picture of the vault-boy and not the power armour as displayed on the cover of the box) and then under the ready to install category is the Automatron dlc.

I'm convinced its the update that us the problem because i have none of the stuff in 1.4 like the signs or the tents or the meat totems.

gandalf

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:19 am

In My Games & Apps, I don't think even I have the Season Pass listed (I downloaded the Season Pass separately on release last year). I got the same as you, so I don't think it's that then.

For some reason, your FO4 is simply not updating, which may be due to the game (or MS) thinking you have the patch already. Do you use an external HDD? Were you ever prompted to download the 1.4 update after it's release (assuming you downloaded the previous patches, the first update notification you got after 1.4 released on consoles)? When did you last get an update prompt?

I'm going to assume that my Instant On, console off (background downloads) method should work. It isn't DRM or software licence related imo. For some reason, you had an interrupted update or you only half downloaded something, so it thinks you already have it when you actually don't.

Wiping your internal (or external) HDD may solve the issue, but that's pretty extreme too. This is probably why they asked you to uninstall Fallout 4 completely (I assume they did), not just the DLC. If you're using the internal HDD (and you have an external HDD lying around) you could try moving everything to an external HDD (or vice versa if you're currently using an external HDD).

It also may be a problem with your cloud synched data. It's a hidden mandatory function, so you'll have to go through some really painful conversations with MS support to get that sorted.

On Xbox 360, there was a way to access your download history (and consequently, your software licences). I'm not sure if the same feature exists on Xbox One (I had to go to accounts.microsoft.com to unsubscribe from ESO Plus), but there will probably be a way to check which software licences are tied to your Gamertag/Windows Live ID. Ask around, Google or tech support (last resort) and just double check to see if you have the licences (pretty sure you do if you can install Automatron normally).

Did you delete and redownload your profile (Gamertag) yet? That should get you the exact version of your profile that exists on their servers, so it all matches up. Again, that's a "if the Instant On method doesn't work" contingency.

So yeah, sorry to ramble a bit, but I'd say it's a synchronisation error of some kind. Nothing to do with DRM or licences.

Also, be sure to note your console ID and other specific information from the System(?) part of the Options. MS Support will probably need that if they're to seriously check your specific situation.

Edit : Oh, and obviously, when you had to redownload stuff, make sure you deleted Fallout 4, the season pass and Automatron (even your saves as they "should" be on the "cloud") then install FO4, redownload the season pass and then Automatron.

Chances are it'll be multiple patches, and for some reason, the Xbox One does not handle multiple patches well. It's a real PITA, but it's the only shot you've got.

Mark Hepworth

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:08 pm

Ok so i wait till tomorrow to see if the instant on switched off method works. When you say switch of do you mean full shut down or just to turn it off.

If that doesnt work i check my download history? I use an internal hard drive if thats what your asking its a 500GB one i think.

You said to wipe my internal HDD do you mean my hard drive or is that something else?

The cloud synch data is what holds your saves if you play online isnt it? If so I think it works ok because it loaded my saves when i factory reset i think i havent checked. Ill check tomorrow.

I dont know how to un-install my gamertag but that sounds painful so ill keep that until later.

I dont know how to delete the season pass because it just sits in the shop and just allows me to install the dlc.

Ill check to see what was added in the previous patches and trace it back to see what undate my FO4 is on...Im pretty sure its on 1.3 because the "You're Special" book glitch doesnt work anymore.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me ... youve done more than MS support and Bethesda have done for me.

Ill put an update on tomorrow and tell you if your method works. Thanks again! <3

Camden Unglesbee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:16 pm

If "Instant On" has been selected in the power options, hold the Guide button and then choose whatever it says to power down. The light on the huge brick adaptor should remain white even when the console turns "off". It will now perform background downloads, provided it's connected to the internet, obviously.

Checking your download history will let you know what you've downloaded in the past, and assuming the season pass and DLC are listed there, you have proof that you own and have paid for them. It also let's you check to see if, for whatever reason, something is not registered to your account. I don't know how to access that feature on Xbox One though.

Cool, you have a standard 500GB Xbox One. HDD stands for Hard Disc Drive, or just hard drive, so yeah, you may have to format it.

Well, deleting your GT and redownloading it actually isn't too bad tbh. Your GT is almost constantly being updated, so you'll just be downloading the last version that was saved to the Xbox Servers.

Yeah, not too sure about uninstalling the season pass, but assuming you have to remove Fallout 4 and all related items, then it'll probably be included in that somehow.

And it's no problem at all, man. I joined this forum back in 2010 because of the endless issues I was having with New Vegas at the time, and I just got poo pooed by a lot of people here and elsewhere who said that they had no issues whatsoever. Now, it's a matter of public record that New Vegas was broken to crap at launch, but it was pretty infuriating to have no help whatsoever. I know what it's like, and it svcks, so I'm only too happy to help.

I hope it all works for you. :)

katie TWAVA

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:05 pm

region?

not available in asia so far for example as far as i remember...

Lauren Dale

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:04 am

Ok so i checked my xbox this morning and still no update. I'm going to do it again but this time turn it off with the guide button like you said. Sorry i didn't reply sooner i'm quite ill atm and then i lost the thread it just all went wrong.

At like 7pm ill check it that's enough time for it to downloads any updates , if that doesn't work i will check my download history , which i dont know how to do. After i do that and it shows up that i have actually got the season pass , i can either go to MS support again and get a refund and buy it again like they offered or i can delete my GT and see if that works.

To answer Jollyfingers , my region is Europe , specifically the UK so i think my region should be fine.

Emily Jones

Return to Fallout 4