How was the Great Gate supposed to be completed ?

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:38 am

im just curious because when i tried it i went up 1 tower came out the other and teh crawler was still comming so i then decided to just swi the lake and use up 11 or so strong health potions (i have 44 left i rarely use them) so im guessing it wasnt ment for teh character t swim the lake so what would of been the safer way to get to the main tower ??

(also all i know is it doesntmatter if you beat it with in the time limit or not the crawler gets outside the gate either way (i wasnt getting the sigil stone so i relaoded and out of curiosity let the timer run out complete wast of 10 mins)

any way that was a few levels ago my character is now level 23 or 4 i forget but i have finnaly aquired some glass armour i named a cuirass Weight of the Shadows and "sigilized" it with 125 points of featherI want to do the same to a pair of glass grieves but im not sure what to name it

I have a mythril shield with what looks to be a pheonix engraved on it so i called it Might of the Pheonix it has 100 pts of feather

also should i sell my Bruma cuirass which i put 75 points of feather on that i named Legendary Myth ????

(on a side note my character looks odd not wearign the yellow cuirass any more)

and one more question

what fun can be had with 100 acrobatics?
my current level is 95 and i checked the uesp and some guy who can refer me to a trainer resides in cheydinal and the master is in a camp near cheydinal
Marcus Jordan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:18 pm

If the time limit runs out, the Bruma walls are breached and I think its game over..
Swimming or water walking is the best way, its that or constant fights through towers.

You get to skip on water with 100 acrobatics its quite fun, and helps get to places that otherwise are a pain to reach.

We all have our favourite armour combo's it sounds like you really like the Bruma chain, try roleplaying a guard next time you make a character.

Names, we all have our favourites, try adding shadow to each item with feather, i.e Shadow striders for greaves if they have feather on.

Sounds like you're having fun Epic.
renee Duhamel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:49 pm

If the time limit runs out, the Bruma walls are breached and I think its game over..
Swimming or water walking is the best way, its that or constant fights through towers.

You get to skip on water with 100 acrobatics its quite fun, and helps get to places that otherwise are a pain to reach.

We all have our favourite armour combo's it sounds like you really like the Bruma chain, try roleplaying a guard next time you make a character.

Names, we all have our favourites, try adding shadow to each item with feather, i.e Shadow striders for greaves if they have feather on.

Sounds like you're having fun Epic.

the cralwer dies in the same spot whether you completed it in teh time limit or not 1st i beat it with 13 misn to spare then 5 relaods later i waited 13 mins and then grabbed the glowy orb nothing bad happend it died in the same spot it did when i beat it with in the time limit

(i wish i had known that at the begginging because if i had i wouldnt of swam the lake)
Everardo Montano

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:24 am

Really I never waited you may be right, though this is whats on the wiki, and have heard others say the same.

As soon as you step through the Great Gate, you will recieve a time limit of 15 minutes (real time) to complete this quest. Any longer and the indestructible Daedric siege engine will make it to Tamriel, resulting in Martin's inevitable death and the invasion of all Tamriel by Daedra. At that point, your game is over: you must reload an earlier save game. This quest (and the entire game) can also be terminated if Martin dies while you are in the Oblivion World (although the combat in Tamriel actually pauses while you are in the Oblivion World, so Martin can only die if he received a fatal blow just as you stepped into the gate).

You do not need to worry about losing track of time: every minute, the game will post a reminder on the screen telling you how many minutes you have left. However, this countdown clock is actually one minute off: the first message you see tells you that you have 13 minutes left, when in fact you have 14 minutes left. This countdown will continue until it tells you that you have 2 minutes left (at which point you really have 3 minutes left); 65 seconds later, the countdown changes to reminders every 5 seconds (starting with one telling you that you have 115 seconds left).

Ricky Meehan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:17 am

Really I never waited you may be right, though this is whats on the wiki, and have heard others say the same.

the ingame clock is a minuit off o.0 ??? i clciked it 15 seconds after the last second went by :/ and i dont have any saves in this ara any more :/
Taylor Tifany

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Strange.... the first couple of times my first character tried this, I didn't make it. You get an short animation of the Crawler busting out (about two seconds), and then game over. Required to reload, unless you play dead is dead.
Stryke Force

Return to IV - Oblivion