How do you cure Serana of vampirism?

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:17 pm

I can't get the dialogue choices to have her answer "yeah".

What's the trick?
rheanna bruining

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:06 pm

I haven't reached that part yet, but I read that you basically can't push the issue when prompted in dialog earlier in the game.
Amanda Furtado

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm

I usually wait until after Harkon is dead to chat her up about it. Make sure to save a lot through your playthrough so you can backtrack when necessary.

Only downsides imo?; she has yellow eyes and still practices Necromancy. No matter though, mods will take care of that, and she will finally be free of the dark arts!
jason worrell

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:53 am

If I had my way, I would cure her with a stake through the heart.
Love iz not

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:42 am

If I had my way, I would cure her with a stake through the heart.

Discretion is the better part valor... and mercy. That is why the Vigilants of Stendarr defile the purview of their supposed patron god.

And that's why Isran is better than the Vigilants: he has it. Serana is the very kind of thing he's sworn to eradicate... and he stays his hand on Serana because she has a goal mutual with Isran's.
Annick Charron

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:59 pm

I usually wait until after Harkon is dead to chat her up about it. Make sure to save a lot through your playthrough so you can backtrack when necessary.

Only downsides imo?; she has yellow eyes and still practices Necromancy. No matter though, mods will take care of that, and she will finally be free of the dark arts!
Actually, I'm well past the point where Harkon has been whacked. Still can't get her to say "yup, good idea there, drageebornee."

Anyone know the dialogue tree? Do you have to have speech skill at some level?
JESSE

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Actually, I'm well past the point where Harkon has been whacked. Still can't get her to say "yup, good idea there, drageebornee."

Anyone know the dialogue tree? Do you have to have speech skill at some level?

You say Harkon is dead now, but did you ever bring up the subject with her before you killed Harkon? Because if so, then you're basically screwed on that front. I don't think the developers intended this, but nonetheless, this is the way it appears to work. In order to get Serana to agree to curing herself, you must be sure to never bring up the subject until you've killed Harkon and completed the main DG questline.

On the bright side, curing her isn't all that it's cracked up to be. It doesn't change your relationship to her in any way. There are no new options available with her (no marriage, no new dialogue, nothing), and her eyes don't quite look right. Her irises appear, but the whites of her eyes will still glow yellow. Additionally, she continues to use the vampiric drain ability, and she can still give you sanguinare vampiris if you pick a fight with her. It's quite broken, really, and hardly worth it.
John Moore

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:47 am

Dialogue option doesn't pop up immediately after killing Harkon. At least not that I remember. It occurred after I fast travelled back to Fort Dawnguard.
Brian LeHury

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:39 pm

Dialogue option doesn't pop up immediately after killing Harkon. At least not that I remember. It occurred after I fast travelled back to Fort Dawnguard.

Did the same for me, and I attempted the "lets cure you Serana" (saved before I did thank Talos) anyway's she bugs out. She looks really bad, and here eyes are messed up. She seemed to keep all her powers, and nothing was different unless I missed something. I chose to re-load and keep her as a vampire.
I've also cured myself, and have never gone back to being a vampire, even though Serana does have the option in dialogue.
She still has her cure option in dialogue, but when I choose it now, she tells me not to bring up the subject again.
Alisia Lisha

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:01 pm

Even though my guy is basically good and not a vampire I like the idea of having a vampire lover on the side. I think I may just keep her the way she is.
brandon frier

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:36 pm

Well, I asked her only after whacking harkon, and always save before I ask her. If I can't get her to say yes, I go back to the previous save, play the game some more, and after a while repeat the process. I even tried wearing a special item that you get in one of the other quests that enormously improves speech - no help.

If any of you find the method, please post here. :-)
Shianne Donato

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:17 pm

I talked to her on every possible subject and never brought up the cure dialogue until Harkon was dead. Then when the dialogue poped I asked her that, and answered with "you could be your own person again" that did the trick. On the side note I discovered that Serana's human form is a strapped paint job on actuall serana - she has yellow yes becasue there are vampric eye texture just behing the human eye textures - it can be easly seen by setting her weight in console to about 70-100 then the vampire eyes pop out. I think this was not intended.
cutiecute

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:17 pm

I talked to her on every possible subject and never brought up the cure dialogue until Harkon was dead. Then when the dialogue poped I asked her that, and answered with "you could be your own person again" that did the trick. On the side note I discovered that Serana's human form is a strapped paint job on actuall serana - she has yellow yes becasue there are vampric eye texture just behing the human eye textures - it can be easly seen by setting her weight in console to about 70-100 then the vampire eyes pop out. I think this was not intended.
Interesting. Then the trick is to get the 'you can be your own person again' sentence to pop up in dialogue. Instead, all I keep getting is:

My guy - "did you ever think about curing your vampirism?"
her - "you asked me this once before and I kind of brushed you off"
My guy then has three options - forget I asked, it's important to me, and perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. None of these has yet gotten me to "you can be your own person" yet.
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:05 pm

Nothing you can do if she's giving you the line about "you asked me this once before." There should only be one conversation with her about it and it shouldn't be initiated until some point after "Kindred Judgment" has been completed. If you still have that save from after killing Harkon, I'd reload it, but not talk to her. Just wait a few days or change locations or something. Are you DG or VL side, by the way?
CArla HOlbert

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:08 pm

A cured Serana is a diseased Serana. I would keep her the divine darkness she is! Pureblooded, and a lioness among the fleshy bloodsacks of the mortal herd. :tes:

Dark arts is the true way.
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:52 pm

A cured Serana is a diseased Serana. I would keep her the divine darkness she is! Pureblooded, and a lioness among the fleshy bloodsacks of the mortal herd. :tes:

Dark arts is the true way.

I knew you couldn't resist.
Maria Leon

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am

god, why are all (male) teens here obsessed about this emo brat? she totally svcks and shares the #1 Position for most annoying npc in Skyrim together with Delphine. I wish i could Fus ro dah them both out of Tamriel ...
Adam Baumgartner

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 pm

I knew you couldn't resist.
Everytime I see these topics, I must protest!
Maddy Paul

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 pm

god, why are all (male) teens here obsessed about this emo brat? she totally svcks and shares the #1 Position for most annoying npc in Skyrim together with Delphine. I wish i could Fus ro dah them both out of Tamriel ...
You could say they're blinded by beauty.
Daniel Lozano

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:37 am

Nothing you can do if she's giving you the line about "you asked me this once before." There should only be one conversation with her about it and it shouldn't be initiated until some point after "Kindred Judgment" has been completed. If you still have that save from after killing Harkon, I'd reload it, but not talk to her. Just wait a few days or change locations or something. Are you DG or VL side, by the way?
DG. I hate vampires. Hated them since Oblivion. It's impossible for me to play on the VL side.

I've given up. I had the full conversation with her and Serana simply doesn't wanna talk about it. She's impossible. I'm abandoning her as a follower. If the DG kill her while I'm out, that's fine with me.
Izzy Coleman

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:03 am

DG. I hate vampires. Hated them since Oblivion. It's impossible for me to play on the VL side.

I've given up. I had the full conversation with her and Serana simply doesn't wanna talk about it. She's impossible. I'm abandoning her as a follower. If the DG kill her while I'm out, that's fine with me.
Aww, who knows, maybe the next DLC will be about Mafia Dwemer! :lol:

Or something Thalmor related. I think it would be boring, but to each their own, I suppose.
Danielle Brown

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Interesting. Then the trick is to get the 'you can be your own person again' sentence to pop up in dialogue. Instead, all I keep getting is:

My guy - "did you ever think about curing your vampirism?"
her - "you asked me this once before and I kind of brushed you off"
My guy then has three options - forget I asked, it's important to me, and perhaps I shouldn't have said anything. None of these has yet gotten me to "you can be your own person" yet.

yeah same here. odd thing is I don't recall talking to her about curing herself before hand either. But if there is no benefit then I'm not to concerned. This way if I EVER (and very doubtful) want to be a vampire lord, she can turn me into one.
NAtIVe GOddess

Post » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:27 pm

Honestly, Irileth is more my type. Or Brelyna. Or Orgnar. It's the voice; his sweet, manly voice..

And no, it's because of their personalities, not because they're dunmer.

...not that I'm literally attracted to video game characters, but if they were...you know what I mean.
Philip Rua

Post » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:56 am

The fact that she tells you "you've asked me about this before" indicates that you indeed have asked her about it before. Probably earlier in the questline and you just don't remember. Because she shouldn't be giving you that line of dialogue if this is truly your first conversation about the subject.
michael danso

Return to V - Skyrim