Hroldar WILL NOT retreat!

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:42 pm

I need some help in the form of a plugin, cheat, or a community patch or something, Hroldar the Strange is definitely bugged. Before anyone asks me what my hand to hand level is, its 100. I've beaten him for an hour solid, he's fallen down and gotten up at least 80 times. I've tried restarting the game several times, I tried going back to an earlier save point, nothing works. I even tried using Hornhand about 40 times while beating him, and he still wouldn't give up! I also tried jumping over his head until he ran away, yelling I don't fight fair. Thinking I'd beaten him I talked to the guy who gave me the quest, and he didn't think I had beaten him. I stopped talking to him, turned around and the SOB came back and started punching me again! Something is wrong I tried killing him but that cancels out another quest and pisses off the quest giver. Help!
Michelle Smith

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:05 pm

I need some help in the form of a plugin, cheat, or a community patch or something, Hroldar the Strange is definitely bugged. Before anyone asks me what my hand to hand level is, its 100. I've beaten him for an hour solid, he's fallen down and gotten up at least 80 times. I've tried restarting the game several times, I tried going back to an earlier save point, nothing works. I even tried using Hornhand about 40 times while beating him, and he still wouldn't give up! I also tried jumping over his head until he ran away, yelling I don't fight fair. Thinking I'd beaten him I talked to the guy who gave me the quest, and he didn't think I had beaten him. I stopped talking to him, turned around and the SOB came back and started punching me again! Something is wrong I tried killing him but that cancels out another quest and pisses off the quest giver. Help!

I have your solution.Kill Hroldar then go to
Fort frostmoth and talk to Carnius about
Hroldar.Carnius will tell you that he's happy
that you killed Hroldar and this completes the
quest.For more specific info go here. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:A_Blocked_Door
Josh Dagreat

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:32 am

I have your solution.Kill Hroldar then go to
Fort frostmoth and talk to Carnius about
Hroldar.Carnius will tell you that he's happy
that you killed Hroldar and this completes the
quest.For more specific info go here. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Bloodmoon:A_Blocked_Door

I already said I didn't want to kill him because it removes another quest that comes after that having to do with Hroldar. Did you only read the title? :( I've also already been to that page about 20 times.

Can anyone help me? Is there a plugin that will add a spell that completely drains an enemy's fatigue to 0 and keeps it at zero?
Bellismydesi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:47 am

Try selecting him with the console and typing setfatigue 0. If that doesn't work, try setfatigue -10.
Lucky Girl

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 pm

The first thing you should always do after describing a problem is say which mods you are using, if any. And are you using the Code Patch?
Or are you just on Xbox.

This info can greatly increase the chances of pinpointing what is going wrong.
Farrah Barry

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 am

Yeah I'm using the code patch.

And Helena, you're advice would be helpful if you explained how to select him. :(
cutiecute

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:15 am

Yeah I'm using the code patch.

And Helena, you're advice would be helpful if you explained how to select him. :(

Open of the console (~) and just click on Hroldar with your mouse.
Kirsty Collins

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks guys, I'll try that with my new Morrowind install. I'm trying to get the Morrowind Sound & Graphics Overhaul mod to work but I don't think the modders know what they're doing and they don't seem to have a professional programmer. Instead of one or two installers... its like a whole freakin pile of them, and they don't all work as intended. Been trying to get it to work for nearly a weak now. :( Looks like they desperately need a pro programmer on their team to consolidate that massive pile of installers into one single installer THAT ACTUALLY WORKS. MLOX is giving me a headache.

http://morrowindoverhaul.net/forum/index.php/topic,56.420.html
Emerald Dreams

Return to III - Morrowind