hunting rifle misalignment?

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:59 pm

Im playing on xbox with 100 guns skill.

But often I miss my target with the hunting rifle using iron sight.

its as if the bullet simply goes through them.

does the gun simply not have good range?

and no im not just a bad shot.

Is there an accuracy mod I can buy for the gun?

im seriously thinking of abandoning it for the carbine because it happens so much.
Cody Banks

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:28 pm

There is a thread about this, the ironsights are off.
Victoria Vasileva

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:37 am

Stick a scope on it. Solves the problem, and it's a lot better at range.
Karine laverre

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:20 pm

Do you have the right strength requirement because even with a 100 in Guns you still won't be able to operate the weapon properly if your strength is below the weapons strength requirement.
Amanda Furtado

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Apparently the weapons in NV suffer from the 'aim slightly right of the center taget' when you're not in a scope.
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:01 am

Apparently the weapons in NV suffer from the 'aim slightly right of the center taget' when you're not in a scope.

I've been playing around with this a little. You are correct. Most guns are boresighted to the right of center and slightly high. This means that you must aim to the left and slightly low. The Brush gun is way off. I had to aim about 4' to the left to hit a Deathclaw in front of the quarry from across the highway, probably no more than a 200 yard shot. Talk about using Kentucky windage!

-Gunny out.
Silvia Gil

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:07 pm

I've been playing with this a little. You are correct. Most guns are boresighted to the right of center and slightly high. This means that you must aim to the left and slightly low. The Brush gun is way off. I had to aim about 4' to the left to hit a Deathclaw in front of the quarry from across the highway, probably no more than a 200 yard shot. Talk about using Kentucky windage!

-Gunny out.

I thought this was fixed until I noticed my 10mm wasnt hitting them when I was using the ironsight thing (Not true ironsight, I hate that thing) and the little pinpoint center mark, and it wasnt hitting, so I aimed to the right, and sure enough, oh well, a mild annoyance.
Fam Mughal

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:41 pm

Someone fixed the animation that causes this error for the PC.

I have no idea why Obsidian doesn't scoop up these kind of fixes and toss them in the testing routine for the next patch. They own the animation anyway, so it would be a quick way of fixing particularly annoying errors with virtually no effort on their part.
Robert Bindley

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:18 am

To see where the iron sights line up on any weapon, enter iron sights, click on third person view then scroll around and go back to first person iron sights...
You should see the yellow targeting X even in Iron sights, and you'll notice that some weapons have the X at weird angles / positions, so just adjust your fire to match.

The service rifle is a good example the X is actually much higher than the iron sights, so at longer ranges you have to drop your aim a bit, shorter ranges hit almost dead on.

Also what is your gun skill, and strength?, a hunting rifle needs at least 6 strength and a certain skill to fire with accuracy.
Ashley Tamen

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:49 pm

Laser weapons fire up and to the left of your target..... extremely annoying when I fire a bunch of recharger pistol rounds and miss everything. I learned to aim without sights then switch to sights before firing.... I switch out to make sure I am still on target then back to iron sights.
evelina c

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:11 pm

Hm. I'd say that I'm actually not a very good shot, but this would explain why in NV I'm an even worse shot than normal. I mean, I'm never an uber-aim killer, but in Borderlands/a few other other gun-type games I did fairly well. It's amazing how much I miss in NV tho, when using something like a non-scoped pistol. I'll try just firing from the hip, so to speak, and see if that works better than r-clicking into ironsights. I don't like that as much tho because it makes it harder when not using the aiming X, for me. I like playing with the HUD visibility turned all the way off a lot these days...
katie TWAVA

Return to Fallout: New Vegas