Hunting Rifle sights not centered right

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Yet when I aim at a guys head I hit it no problem so I am guessing there is some kind of auto aim that helps align the shot for you.

Mmhm. The shot is actually based on a chance effect so you may be off target and it "bends" to the enemy or does the complete opposite. Of course, there's a http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34723 to fix that, and where I obviously got this info, and with it, it really depends on how well you can aim with the good old mouse and keyboard. It does make a difference... especially how I had installed this after 4 and a half playthroughs.

Yeah, the sighting being a bit high on the hunting rifle is due to an actual misalignment on the SightingNode itself. I have some fixed hunting rifle meshes laying about, I can REL them after work today.

Looking forward to it.
Jacob Phillips

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:30 am

Ewwww. No wonder iron-sights is so awful. It's bad enough that the guns somehow cover 50% of your vision (when in RL you would be focusing down the sight, only seeing the crosshair, barrel and your target.)

I play on Xbox so no mods for me. I keep ironsight off because it's much easier to aim using the UI crosshair.
Harry-James Payne

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 pm

There are a few weapons in which the iron sights are messed up.
Ronald

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:43 am

Yeah, the sighting being a bit high on the hunting rifle is due to an actual misalignment on the SightingNode itself. I have some fixed hunting rifle meshes laying about, I can REL them after work today.
Did you ever get around to packaging this (and the animation fix) and making it available?
Ellie English

Post » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:56 pm

laser weapons seem to have the "iron sights aiming up and to the left" problem as well....I have to make sure they are in my crosshairs while not aiming before I try to snipe.
IM NOT EASY

Previous

Return to Fallout: New Vegas