FO-1, Ian the coward

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:01 am

Started a new character, now that I understand the game a little better. So I've got Ian and Dogmeat tagging along with me, and we head to the Necropolis to get the chip. When we climb out of the sewer and take on the head super mutant, Ian yells "retreat!" and runs away! Then when we go down into the vault for the chip, he runs at the first sight of the glow in the dark ghouls!! Some back-up fighter he turned out to be. I was able to kill everything on my own, thanks to the combat shotgun. If he keeps wimping out on me I'm going to send him back to his Shady Sands retirement home!!
Robyn Howlett

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:21 am

huh, i dont remember him doing this to me, but at least Dogmeat stuck with ya!
Maddy Paul

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:32 am

He'd just burst fire you in the back anyway.
Batricia Alele

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:23 am

It sounds like his HP is low. You might want to examine him.

Its either that, or he knows the Fo2 manual says that he died there..
Neko Jenny

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:25 pm

I always gave Ian the Pistol that was cut down from a rifle. or a Mag so he couldn't burst fire me. But on topic I've seen more shameful acts of Ian. The one that sticks with me most is when I'm about to kill Garl and he lands a critical hit//miss missing Garl and doing 73 points or so of damage to me when I had just healed (He lost his SMG privs after that btw)
Haley Cooper

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:04 am

Seems like Ian needs to be patched up! Use your awesome doctor and medecine skills to heal his wounds.

I always gave Ian the Pistol that was cut down from a rifle. or a Mag so he couldn't burst fire me. But on topic I've seen more shameful acts of Ian. The one that sticks with me most is when I'm about to kill Garl and he lands a critical hit//miss missing Garl and doing 73 points or so of damage to me when I had just healed (He lost his SMG privs after that btw)

Damn that Ian! He's indeed very dangerous with a SMG. He once bursted Tycho down by accident. Tycho lost his head, right arm and half of his torso. Then I bursted Ian with my Minigun for revenge. ;)
Nany Smith

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Ian got his reward when we went to rescue the BoS hostage, the bad guys cut him down pretty quick. He only scored critical hits about 1/10 of the time anyway.
Lisa Robb

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 am

I like Ian : ).
I always give him the .223 pistol, he has two shots per round and does 50 damage per round on average.That is awesome.And he rarely shots me or Tycho.

Tycho is also cool - combat shotgun and its just great.Plus with awesome NPC mod its possible to give them armor, etc., so they are really really useful.

Me, Ian, Tycho and Dogmeat - the squad of AWESOME.

Too bad that followers do not work in 3D because of pathfinding, I hated Dogmeat and that BoS chick I got in FO3.So I had to be a loner.
Damien Mulvenna

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:36 am

Where do you find Tycho in Fallout 1?
jessica robson

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:36 am

Dude, I remember Ian... I could never really see his name (you can't tell if it's an I or an L), so I always called him "Lame" :). I'd just stand as far away (or behind him) and he burst with his SMG, and I'd pick them off with my plasma rifle. I learned that after he damn near killed me (2 hp) when we were fighting deathclaws. Good times.
Sophie Louise Edge

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:56 am

Where do you find Tycho in Fallout 1?

To obtain Tycho, the player must head to Junktown and be at the Skum Pitt located in the far North Eastern part of the city at 5 o' clock. He will join you indefinitely if you have taken on Killian's quest to deal with Gizmo. This info is from http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Tycho
(so maybe during the quest to deal with Gizmo head to the Skum pit and recruit him[It has been awhile since I recruited him])
Emily Rose

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:07 am

Started a new character, now that I understand the game a little better. So I've got Ian and Dogmeat tagging along with me, and we head to the Necropolis to get the chip. When we climb out of the sewer and take on the head super mutant, Ian yells "retreat!" and runs away! Then when we go down into the vault for the chip, he runs at the first sight of the glow in the dark ghouls!! Some back-up fighter he turned out to be. I was able to kill everything on my own, thanks to the combat shotgun. If he keeps wimping out on me I'm going to send him back to his Shady Sands retirement home!!

I have only used him twice and each time he got killed after two or three encounters
ashleigh bryden

Post » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:58 am

Good that in FO2 you can set the AI for your companions.
Andy durkan

Return to Fallout Series Discussion