Idea for a new F4 FACTION.

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:13 am

Well, if the US annexed Canada, I don't think it would be unfeasible for the UK to annex Ireland.

Why bother? What use does Britain have for Ireland... All it has ever done is cause us [censored] problems...
Oh and I do not think that Britain would have a problem after the war, with our greatest asset at this time being our Navy we would likely even after the 2 hour war have a huge navy.

Ships float, they can be as heavy as they bloody want to be, they could make NUCLEAR FUSION powered ships, the fact that it is possible to have NUCLEAR FISSION... You could have some MEGA battleships with that power...
Not to mention they are active in water, Fission uses hydrogen, water... + electric current = hydrogen... Unlimted fuel?

Britain I believe would cope because;
She has already had experience with total war and survived.
Her sea power is almost impossible and EXTREAMLY expensive to destroy with nuclear missles.
She could lose her army in the Resource war, but she would still have her navy and that would stop a landing.

After the bombs the majority of her land would be wasteland but she would still have a huge navy just floating around.
Which begs the question why they havent show up in America... Maybe they were clever, Aftrica wouldn't have been bombed...
Maybe Britain after the war sailed her huge fleet of warships to Africa and now there is a single Super Power rebuilding her Empire with the Non Radiated parts of the world...
Ooooo I like this idea....

If the US Navy is no more, I don't see why the Royal Navy would still be around.

Does Britain still own all her Colonies?
If so then she would have a few small battle groups of Warships based at her colonies during the war to stop them being siezed and to keep a steady supply of Collonial troops.
Britain at the time in which the time line breaks was also producing the most Warships she ever has, and we understand that the timeline breaks because after WWII the production of Armerments does not slow down, it increases.... She would build more ships.
I belive that most of the Chinese and American Fleets would get churned up in the northern hemersphere, in open water.
However if british are at war in europe, they have a nice closed water enviroment of the Mederterenian, on which they have a WWII Plane and Ship repair yard of Malta, and the only entrance to the Med for the Russians is the small water way next to Constantinopal.
Because there would be no Russian ships they would have complete sea supperiority and be able to just shell from the shore line all around Russia, giving significant advantage and meaning that her ships were so far appart they would be impossible to nuke all of them.

Thats just a few ideas ide like to contribute.

OMG the Commonwealth from F3 should be the British Expoditionary Forces, This would ACTUALY mean Bethesda could add a realistic new faction to F4...
-Just a funny idea that hit me... :)
louise hamilton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 am

(Because there would be no Russian ships they would have complete sea supperiority and be able to just shell from the shore line all around Russia, giving significant advantage and meaning that her ships were so far appart they would be impossible to nuke all of them.) Quote+

And surely it wudnt be feasible for the chinese/russians trying to nuke british ships around russias coatlines it would cause huge radiated tsunami's flooding mainland russia/ china?? am i right?
Michelle Serenity Boss

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:01 pm

Does Britain still own all her Colonies?

Before the Resource Wars? Probably yes. After the Great War? Nope.

OMG the Commonwealth from F3 should be the British Expoditionary Forces, This would ACTUALY mean Bethesda could add a realistic new faction to F4...
-Just a funny idea that hit me...

The Commonwealth is Massachusetts. And no, it wouldn't be realistic. Britain was destroyed just as much as the US.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:04 am

The Massachusetts based Commonwealth builds Androids and I think they have Vertibirds, how else do you go from the raider infested Institute and down to Rivet City, not ships. They don't speak English either, even though they are from New England, but that is normal when your from New England you don't have to have the accent.

Why is it Her Majesty must always come and give Her once loyal subjects the law and civilization they always needed?

More believable as a new faction is something like the Mounties gone asymmetric. The BoS don't need to step up as the great lawbringers, no, the Mounties should bring law to lawless land. Another faction would be remnants of the US national guard or US Marines, just calling themselves the Roughnecks, after years of corrupting their name and living in the Wasteland just trying to survive. Then to balance out these lawbringers, there is a Commonwealth, perhaps even invited what was left of the Enclave remnant making them a very potent enemy, and of course there is the Outcasts, maybe they are bolstered by WBoS in order to fight the traitor Lyons and his family, and then there is the mysterious Talon Company.

The Mafia is big in "Jersey" they would be an interesting faction to introduce, especially without the federal government breathing down their necks. Geez, they would love to control crime in the D.C. metropolitan area, they've tried for years without success because of the concentration of federal property. I see no reason why a nuclear war would stop them all of a sudden.
Sakura Haruno

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:38 pm

The Commonwealth is Massachusetts. And no, it wouldn't be realistic. Britain was destroyed just as much as the US.

Not Britain a docked ship on the coast of America.
I dont know what state, maybe say.... Massachusetts.

You cant Nuke ships, when chosing whether to lauch a nuke you have to choose..
Whether the target you are hitting is worth the nuclear bomb you are launching.
Would China or Russia nuke a city or a small group of boats?
Not to mention its alot harder to hit a ship than it is to hit a City, not to mention Cities tend to stay in the same place....

Also as I said, you do not sit your whole navy in one place, unless your America at Peace time. (Pearl Harbour)
Meaning that the Russians or Chinese would have to launch maybe 11-16 nuclear bombs at seperate War groups of Warships, this is if they consider them "Viable Targets" I think it is unquestionable that atleast one War group of ships would survive and one War group is enough to dock on non nuked soil such as Africa and set up a civilisation.

Also I think Britain would probably hold most of her Colonies, as lorrezz said te Russia would not Nuke Ships of the shore of Norway or Denmark as I pressume Russia would control these areas and would not want to nuke themselves...
Also with the Russians only port to sea being Constantinopal they would not be able to get ships out and so the British would have sea superiority, also one of their main bases for ships and air is in Malta and thus they could easily stop all forces landing in North Africa, and if your do not land in North Africa, there is no point being in Africa so Britain would hold her African Colonies...
Sarah Evason

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:16 am

Since we're talking about an alternate reality based upon the 50's, how would those Brits survive with no women on board? The military didn't allow women to fight yet. Besides that, why do you think everything only got destroyed by nuclear weapons? There was a lot of warfare going around before the bombs were going to fall in 2077. To quote the narrative from Fallout 1: "But this time, the spoils of war were also it's weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation states bent on controlling the last remaining resources on earth." People would probably feel Great Britain was a safer haven than their own homes, so they could have been trying to get to the islands. If that would be the case, Britain would probably use their fleet to fend off the people, which could be starting a war with different nations in Europe. Britain could become a common enemy pretty fast, and a combined force could be capable of destroying that fleet.
Chica Cheve

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:53 am

Since we're talking about an alternate reality based upon the 50's, how would those Brits survive with no women on board? The military didn't allow women to fight yet. Besides that, why do you think everything only got destroyed by nuclear weapons? There was a lot of warfare going around before the bombs were going to fall in 2077. To quote the narrative from Fallout 1: "But this time, the spoils of war were also it's weapons: Petroleum and Uranium. For these resources China would invade Alaska, the US would annex Canada, and the European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation states bent on controlling the last remaining resources on earth." People would probably feel Great Britain was a safer haven than their own homes, so they could have been trying to get to the islands. If that would be the case, Britain would probably use their fleet to fend off the people, which could be starting a war with different nations in Europe. Britain could become a common enemy pretty fast, and a combined force could be capable of destroying that fleet.

When has Britain EVER been anti Imigration?

Yes everyone COULD gang up on Britian, but France has all the Uranium... 78% of its electricity comes from Nuclear Power... Im sure thats a much more lucrative place to invade, Britain has a Navy large enough to police 1/4 of world in the 50's... You would need a big navy.

I agree totaly with you about all men however, this is why they would dock in Massachusetts, Africa, Spain, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Argentinia, Peru, Chilli, Brazil... All the places that wouldnt have been bombed.

Either way Britain even if Britain lost her island she would still have her navy, thats all im saying is her Navy WOULD survive I think, if Britain was captured it would be even more reason that her navy would survive as they would not fight they would absticate probably to the equatorial islands and as Britain is no longer her Navy would not be classified as a threat adn wouldnt be nuked in the 2 hour war....
louise tagg

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:41 am

When has Britain EVER been anti Imigration?

Yes everyone COULD gang up on Britian, but France has all the Uranium... 78% of its electricity comes from Nuclear Power... Im sure thats a much more lucrative place to invade, Britain has a Navy large enough to police 1/4 of world in the 50's... You would need a big navy.

I agree totaly with you about all men however, this is why they would dock in Massachusetts, Africa, Spain, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Argentinia, Peru, Chilli, Brazil... All the places that wouldnt have been bombed.

Either way Britain even if Britain lost her island she would still have her navy, thats all im saying is her Navy WOULD survive I think, if Britain was captured it would be even more reason that her navy would survive as they would not fight they would absticate probably to the equatorial islands and as Britain is no longer her Navy would not be classified as a threat adn wouldnt be nuked in the 2 hour war....

But after 200 years, how the heck are you supplying or repairing a navy?
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:56 am

pointless post deleted

In addition, please do not take it upon yourself to be a spelling and grammar cop. With the number of non-English speaking members here, it is to be expected errors will occur. It is fine to be helpful, just please don't be spiteful.

Lou

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:50 am

But after 200 years, how the heck are you supplying or repairing a navy?

You dont need to repair it, and it runs on fFssion so aslong as they have invented a more efficient way of electolising water to get hydrogen than using the hydrogen in Fission it has unlimited fuel.
And it wouldnt be an active navy, there is nothing else to fire at... They would be movable bases, docking an their crews trading guns for food like when America was discoveed.
They would basicaly just be bastions of Pre-War technology, that have set up settlements around them.
Charleigh Anderson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 am

The Mafia is big in "Jersey" they would be an interesting faction to introduce, especially without the federal government breathing down their necks. Geez, they would love to control crime in the D.C. metropolitan area, they've tried for years without success because of the concentration of federal property. I see no reason why a nuclear war would stop them all of a sudden. quote

The mafia only thrives in our society as they pick on ordinary decent people with normal lifes who dont see the need for petty crime, In the event of a nuclear holocaust I dont think any one would really give a [censored] about them they wouldnt be big people would just gang up on people going round thinking they are big especially seeing as the normal person would have nothing to lose-

wannabe mafia men = pussies if u ask me
Vicky Keeler

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:52 pm

Personally, I'd like to see either the inclusion of the Mafia, the Jewish Mafia or the Irish Mob....any of these would be perfectly realistic, and definitely a power to contend with in the wasteland.
Claudz

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Personally, I'd like to see either the inclusion of the Mafia, the Jewish Mafia or the Irish Mob....any of these would be perfectly realistic, and definitely a power to contend with in the wasteland. quote

yes but they wouldnt have any purpose in a destroyed society as they only opperate in a functioning society as parasites/thugs//bullys destroying peoples lifes who ACTUALLY Give a [censored] about society.

they would shoot and be shot alike just as any other man trying to survive with nothing...
SWagg KId

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:58 am

Ide like to see a prodominantly black and poor area feature in F4...
Imagine the Black Ghetto in real life...
Imagine it after a nuclear holacaust...
Cash n Class

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:17 am

Imagine it after a nuclear holacaust... quote=

not sure, poor before-

probably extinct after

something like that :)
Stephanie Valentine

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:17 am

Personally, I'd like to see either the inclusion of the Mafia, the Jewish Mafia or the Irish Mob....any of these would be perfectly realistic, and definitely a power to contend with in the wasteland. quote

yes but they wouldnt have any purpose in a destroyed society as they only opperate in a functioning society as parasites/thugs//bullys destroying peoples lifes who ACTUALLY Give a [censored] about society.

they would shoot and be shot alike just as any other man trying to survive with nothing...

Hmm... there is a huge mafia presence in New Reno. I see no reason for the Mafia to be exclusive to the West. The Mafia works best when there is no law, look at Prohibition, when the law is focused on fighting something it is distracted from attacking something else. The Mafia would gain great power in place with absolutely no law, New Reno was the best example.

And to say "Jersey" would disappear as a den of scum and villainy is certainly a fallacy, I could see those crime bosses with all their millions operating private vaults, maybe not up to Vault-Tec par, although they were a private company so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question if they made a vault for them, but enough to protect the occupants from nuclear war and if not, it would be interesting to see a ghoul operating a whole criminal organization from behind the scenes.

Imagine it after a nuclear holacaust... quote=

not sure, poor before-

probably extinct after

something like that

I always considered that to be one of the great tragedies of the war, the poor simply couldn't afford their way into the promised protection at the very end. Civil rights were always a silent issue in the games. It seemed racism and sixism were pretty much forgot, except for a few moments, but most of it is directed toward ghouls and mutants, which, to me, makes sense.
Ashley Clifft

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:54 am

[quote name='ZAXAI3' date='Jan 12 2009, 01:01 PM' post='13611214']
Hmm... there is a huge mafia presence in New Reno. I see no reason for the Mafia to be exclusive to the West. The Mafia works best when there is no law, look at Prohibition, when the law is focused on fighting something it is distracted from attacking something else. The Mafia would gain great power in place with absolutely no law, New Reno was the best example.

And to say "Jersey" would disappear as a den of scum and villainy is certainly a fallacy, I could see those crime bosses with all their millions operating private vaults, maybe not up to Vault-Tec par, although they were a private company so it wouldn't be entirely out of the question if they made a vault for them, but enough to protect the occupants from nuclear war and if not, it would be interesting to see a ghoul operating a whole criminal organization from behind the scenes.

I think that they malfunction in society because they have no proffesion, job or stable income or common decency. & tend to want something for nothing.thus preying on vulnerable targets who are law abiding & have things to get on with.

the collective majority WOULD'nt tolerate them while trying to re-build there world....

look at all civilisations.. you dont see criminals running countries, eventually people stand up to them.
Syaza Ramali

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:40 am

I think that they malfunction in society because they have no proffesion, job or stable income or common decency. & tend to want something for nothing.thus preying on vulnerable targets who are law abiding & have things to get on with.

the collective majority WOULD'nt tolerate them while trying to re-build there world....

look at all civilisations.. you dont see criminals running countries, eventually people stand up to them.

Columbia was run by drug dealers until their current president was elected. Nobody stood up to them power just fell into good hands :|
Anna Watts

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:49 pm

You don't give "organized" crime a whole lot of credit. A pickpocket preys on vulnerable targets in a back alley and society doesn't tolerate that. A criminal organization turns those "vulnerable" targets, those same "law-abiding", I guess that is what you call someone that gives into prostitution, gambling and drugs, citizens, into a business. "Collective" majority, the majority not giving into vice, which is slim, wouldn't tolerate them, sure, but the mafia uses strong arm tactics to stop those do-gooders.

However, the strong pull of vice is what kept New Reno going lawless. Everyone wanted Jet and New Reno pushed the addiction and supplied its addicts. Ultrajet, from what I know is ten times more addictive and potent than Jet, being picked up by the "Jersey" mobs would make them even more powerful within the region. I'd love to see, as well, a criminal element you can join. It makes Ultra Jet more important than some guy randomly making it in the Metro stations.

I wouldn't exactly call Uribe "good" hands, I'd call him a Dictator who was hungry for power and the criminals were getting in his way. It reminds me of Benito Mussolini, who ran off the Mafia because he felt they had more respect and power than he did, which made him very jealous. That is what I was saying before, organized crime thrives off of disorder, because people do want to rebuild. What is stronger than addiction to keep people on board to rebuild society? You seem to think that criminal organizations are always evil and not inherently neutral.
Jason Rice

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 am

Columbia was run by drug dealers until their current president was elected. Nobody stood up to them power just fell into good hands :|

Yes I can see how a 3rd world country could be run by criminals, thus the corrupt nature of the government continually subjecting its inhabitants to unnecessary suffering, but that is no way for us to expand as a whole. I like to think everyone has there role in society WORKING towards greater goals.

coz u know, everyone could just take up arms and turn to petty crime but nothing would ever get done & it would all just fall apart.

not being a biggot or nothing i wouldnt want them knocking on my door...lol but i beleive people should contribute to society as we [censored] pay for there livelyhoods in taxes. so that they can just "do as they want" while we are working our asses off its disgusting. [censored] gangsters, more like I live in my own little bubble-ers

haha
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:33 am

Yes I can see how a 3rd world country could be run by criminals, thus the corrupt nature of the government continually subjecting its inhabitants to unnecessary suffering, but that is no way for us to expand as a whole. I like to think everyone has there role in society WORKING towards greater goals.

coz u know, everyone could just take up arms and turn to petty crime but nothing would ever get done & it would all just fall apart.

not being a biggot or nothing i wouldnt want them knocking on my door...lol but i beleive people should contribute to society as we [censored] pay for there livelyhoods in taxes. so that they can just "do as they want" while we are working our asses off its disgusting. [censored] gangsters, more like I live in my own little bubble-ers

haha

Colombia isn't a 3rd world country I'm afraid, and saying things like that make you look like a moron :|
Cedric Pearson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 pm

You don't give "organized" crime a whole lot of credit. QUOTE

Too right i dont, people have to work for there money not cheat and lie for it. what makes them think they have more right to it then someone who has worked all there lifes for it and probably paid them to take it from them in taxes!? lol

I think this started as a something about a gangster faction in fallout 4.. disgraceful absolutly disgraceful people should be SHOT for doing these activities & ruining people lifes
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:15 pm

Colombia isn't a 3rd world country I'm afraid, and saying things like that make you look like a moron :|

didnt you just say it was run by drug dealers lol anyway im not into all this chat its gone off subject irellevant to the game!!
Caroline flitcroft

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am

didnt you just say it was run by drug dealers lol anyway im not into all this chat its gone off subject irellevant to the game!!

Third World is a categorical label used to describe states that are considered to be underdeveloped in terms of their economy or level of industrialization, globalization, standard of living, health, education or other criteria for "advancement". The name Third World arose during the Cold War to refer to nations that did not belong to the similarly termed "First" or "Second Worlds". There is debate over the appropriateness of the term. Critics of the term caution that the term implies that industrialization is progressive [1]. Supporters of the term advocate that the term is embraced by many Third World nations themselves , particularly in the Non-Aligned Movement, and that no alternative is without detractors, (see controversy).

The country being run by drug dealers doesn't make it a 3rd world country, you should do some research once in a while.
saxon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 am

Bad example, Prohibition helped the Mafia as it allowed them to sell Alchohol for 10x the price illegally...
Not because they where busy doing other things and the reason they never were caught selling the Alchohol for extorshinate prices is not because the police were too busy (looking for them?), it was because they made so much money selling it they BOUGHT OFF everyone who caught them or was willing to stand trial against them and the more stubborn ones were killed.

So no, Organised Crime works when criminals have access to a comodity that is either illeagle, expensive or hard to get and the police in the area are disorganised, underpayed or unloyal.
Kelsey Anna Farley

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion