IGN Response

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:34 pm

I forget my IGN account so if someone could answer this:

http://boards.ign.com/fallout/b5729/198582031/p1/?24

Basically I think he's asking due to the western setting if he would be able to play a cowboy-esque/john marston type character. Which he can, and there's even perks that fit the western setting. And I've heard some members of the development team found some inspiration from RDR too. Point is, if someone could explain to him he can and how to set up the character archetype as the IGN members can't fathom much apparently and would rather attack him in a rabid really devoted fan attack, or maybe they think he's dissing Fallout New Vegas. Who knows, some get angry when the RPG genre is compared to something else even though as we get more complex games the genre's are becomming muddled as games are less and less easier to define to a certain genre set like movies. ( As for Red Dead Redemption itself, I liked the game. Good effort by Rockstar San Diego). Anyways, if you could help the guy out.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:35 am

Basically I think he's asking due to the western setting if he would be able to play a cowboy-esque/john marston type character. Which he can, and there's even perks that fit the western setting. And I've heard some members of the development team found some inspiration from RDR too. Point is, if someone could explain to him he can and how to set up the character archetype as the IGN members can't fathom much apparently and would rather attack him in a rabid really devoted fan attack, or maybe they think he's dissing Fallout New Vegas. Who knows, some get angry when the RPG genre is compared to something else even though as we get more complex games the genre's are becomming muddled as games are less and less easier to define to a certain genre set like movies. ( As for Red Dead Redemption itself, I liked the game. Good effort by Rockstar San Diego). Anyways, if you could help the guy out.

It wasn't a "rabid fan attack", they were trying to explain to you that it's a bad idea to be condescending when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. :lol:
Multi Multi

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:48 pm

People who don't actually research into things before opening their mouths are worse than Communists!

(get the 50's pun :D)
Justin Hankins

Post » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:50 pm

His question was basically "Can Fallout: New Vegas be played like Red Dead Redemption?" and someone answered "No." which is true. They are two different games, so playing one like the other considering the immense differences between the two is impossible.

Besides, nobody as far as I could tell was showing signs of a "rabid 'really devoted fan' attack". The OP asked a question, people answered, and in return the OP called them stupid for their answer.
Hayley Bristow

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:12 am

It wasn't a "rabid fan attack", they were trying to explain to you that it's a bad idea to be condescending when you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. :lol:

Wasn't my post. Also, I didn't necessarily read the whole topic so I don't know what other side arguments are there, I just felt he could be explained a build that might suit his cowboy tastes. And yes those two games are different and that might be the fruit of the argument but as far as I understood it he wondered if he could play it like RDR. Unlike people here I didn't take it as literally playing it move by move like RDR. I thought he ment a play style like RDR (Aka Cowboy/Outlawish) which is why I thought someone could throw a build at him.

"Really devoted fan attack" might not be the correct term but that isn't what I mean and you guys know it, I mean their a bit harsh is all. We get their different genres but in the underlying they do have some similarities, brief but some similarities. (Which I won't dwell over because many people have hard opinions about genres and like to keep them that way. When Fergus or Todd in seperate comments at seperate times compared different genres or even game making styles in the east or west they were usually flamed by the opposing genres fans. Not trying to upset anyone) But yes, we know their different games. I don't need to be reminded that, the OP of that topic probably doesn't need to be reminded aswell. I doubt anyone was trying to start an argument. Or it might be that I just can't explain my point right :U Ah well, anyways.
Charles Mckinna

Post » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:10 am

Does this guy have NV? I mean, he could just load it up and you know, see for himself...?

And if not, there's no real point in finding out if you can play NV like RDR, just to buy NV so that you can play it like RDR. It's funny how some things just get so damn complicated.
TRIsha FEnnesse

Return to Fallout: New Vegas