Infinite Magicka Glitch

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:37 pm

I did a quest for the Drevis Neloren at the College of Winterhold involving using a pair of gloves to cleanse the focal points of some magic wells in the College.

I completed the quest and returned the gloves but now my magicka is stuck at infinity.

Any way to use console command to get out of this? I did this same quest during a previous playthrough and didn't experience the problem.

I have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch installed, as well as a few other mods which affect spells.
Janeth Valenzuela Castelo

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:07 pm

I did a quest for the Drevis Neloren at the College of Winterhold involving using a pair of gloves to cleanse the focal points of some magic wells in the College.

I completed the quest and returned the gloves but now my magicka is stuck at infinity.

Any way to use console command to get out of this? I did this same quest during a previous playthrough and didn't experience the problem.

I have the Unofficial Skyrim Patch installed, as well as a few other mods which affect spells.
Its temporary, randomly occuring and probably not even a glitch.
Michelle davies

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:27 pm

I've waited for several hours; however, it's not going away.
Rinceoir

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:05 pm

It's going to go away. Don't worry. Using sleep or wait does not move the timer for this effect. You have to walk it off. Play for 2 hours, clear some dungeons.
Lisa

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:08 pm

It does go away, but not before you can use Muffle and Detect Life to get ridiculously high levels in Illuson or Alteration. A large Magicka Pool gained by exploiting the timer does not hurt a Mage like Spamming Iron Daggers weakens a Warrior or a non Illusion using Thief.
This quest also reccurs, so the exploit could be repeated over and over on one character.
The exploit does not last long enough to travel to Mzulft where it would be useful for a low level character for defense from Chaurii.
priscillaaa

Post » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks for clarifying, guys.

I guess I'm just going to stand here next to my campfire so I don't die of hypothermia (I have Frostfall installed).

I'd rather not engage in combat as it is rather boring, like playing on total god mode.
XPidgex Jefferson

Return to V - Skyrim